Jun 08 2010

Change A Life Today - Well Done Campaign

There are 328 million people in Africa that lack access to clean, safe water. That is more than the population of the entire United States! You can help change that! We're excited to team up with Jars of Clay today for the "Well Done Campaign" - to help provide clean water for those in need.

In 2005 Jars of Clay had a dream through their "Blood:Water Mission" ministry to build 1000 clean water projects (everything from wells to filtration systems) in Africa. It was a campaign they started with K-LOVE and in the years since, 890 water projects have been funded in built. Today, the goal is to finish the work started in 2005 - fund the remaining 110 projects (each project is approximately $9,000).

To get involved call 800-516-3481 or right here online

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/8/2010 4:18:54 AM
Amanda Wagers United States
Amanda Wagers
I just wanted to post this and let you know that when I was a child my family was extremely impoverished to the point where I lived without indoor plumbing for the first ten years of life, my mother and I had to walk two miles to the closest creek and bring back buckets of water that we would boil to use for cooking and afterwards to take a bath in, I completely understand what it is like to live without water and it is a burden beyond comparison. I remember my mother being completely overjoyed the first time we lived in a house where she could simply turn on the tap and have a stream of water.

I just wanted to thank Jars of Clay and K-Love for this beautiful ministry of providing relief to the people of Africa, it's funny how the Lord brings things full circle and shows us His plan for something that I believed for years to be without purpose, through His sovereignty I can understand what it means to be without life giving water and through His grace I can give to help redeem others from suffering the same burden.

Thanks again,
Amanda
6/8/2010 4:42:56 AM
Lucinda Williams United States
Lucinda Williams
Good morning guys. I just hd to write and tell you about the amazing weekend we had in our chruch this past weekend. It falls right in line with your make a differance theme. Our pastor started a series 2 weeks ago called "Eyes Wide Open". Well this week as part of the service he offered an open call to baptizim. And the pastor and staff had covered all the bases used for excuse. The baptim pool was ready and waiting, they had clothes and towels waiting as well for anyone who came forward. By the time the weekend was over 158 people had been baptized. Many of them longtime believers who had never taken the step of following Christ in baptizim. We live in Jacksonville North Carolina near one of the largest military bases in the country. And to see so many our service members step forward in accordance with God's word was just AMAZING. I was also blessed in the fact that a freind of mine whom I had invited to chruch,this was her thrid service with us, also was baptized with Christ. To say the least i was overwhelmed by the spirit of Christ. Thank you guys so much for the wonderful work of God that you all do everyday. You offer hope and support in a hard cold world. And your Blessings are endless for those of us who need it so much.
6/8/2010 6:17:14 AM
tamiesha riley United States
tamiesha riley
I'm listening wright at this moment!!!!
I want to know how many families are there in one community? The reason i'm asking is until you guys build the wells that need to be build in that one community,I WANT TO SHIP CASES AND CASES AND CASES OF WATER TO THE FAMILIES IN NEED!!!!!!!!! GOD IS CALLING ME TO DO THIS AND THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO!!!!
6/8/2010 6:32:43 AM
William White United States
William White
I have never written or called before.  I was a single father of 5 for a number of years before getting remarried.  My lovely wife and I have 7 children now and to say things have been a struggle is quite the understatement.  However through all the tough times God has been there for us.

While I have spent my life teaching our children about God and His love, it was my kids who introduced me to K-Love.  I have prayed for many years to know what God wants me to do to help further His Kingdom but have let the daily demands of raising 7 children, marriage, work, loss of not only my job (which still has not been replaced), the loss of 2 separate jobs by wife (all due to the recent economic downturn), to dealing with the trials created by 2 children with bi-polar disorder and 1 with severe ADHD, I still get up every day wondering just what God has in store for me.  I have felt for a very long time that God would have me give to those much less fortunate than myself.  I thought that the direction would lead me to those disadvantaged and homeless children in Russia and the former Soviet Republics.  You see I served in the USAF as an Airborne Russian Linguist and have a Bachelor's degree in Russian.  I made a trip to Russia in 2003 with Purdue University and was touched by the children in a St. Petersburg orphanage.  Things however have not worked in that direction.  Rather I feel pulled to Africa and the problems of that continents poor.

I believe everything happens according to God's purpose for our lives when we seek Him and His will for us out.  I don't have much having been out of work basically sine 2008.  I found a part-time teaching position in a local Christian high school that paid just $250 for the month and pick up every programming project I can find as my source of income right now.  I believe the Lord is about to bless these efforts greatly.  I have been looking for someplace to contribute in expectation of God's blessings.  I would love to work with KLOVE and others on the Well Done Project.  I am willing to seek out programming projects and donate 10% of every KLOVE influenced project to the Well Done Project.  I envision this not just as an opportunity to complete the next 100+ wells to reach the initial goal but as a permanent commitment to provide clean water to those in Africa.

I will continue to pray about this effort.  Will you do the same?
6/8/2010 7:59:59 AM
Lannie Lasseigne United States
Lannie Lasseigne
God smiles down on Jars of Clay and K-love for carrying out this special work. I'm happy to play a small part in this giant effort to provide clean water for His children in Africa. Those of us who are blessed with modern conveniences don't realize the challenge our brothers and sisters must face each day, as they struggle to survive. Let us cry out to Jesus, "Help us to be more like YOU"!
6/8/2010 10:05:58 AM
beth United States
beth
when its rains i think about all of the people in this wourld that do not have the clean water to drink and i would give up my water for them
6/8/2010 11:08:57 AM
Becky United States
Becky
This ministry is amazing!  I would LOVE to be able to fund several wells.  Here's what I'm doing to help.  ourpeacefulhome.blogspot.com check out my blog and send friends.  If you know anyone that could blog about what klove is doing pass it on!  The more expose the better!  Let's get these wells funded today!
6/9/2010 3:24:35 AM
Cho Yung Tea India
Cho Yung Tea
Nice guys... i appreciate your efforts...it's very difficult to deliver clean water in africa..but i don't demoralizing you ...keep your efforts continue.....

6/9/2010 8:51:23 AM
Anonoymous United States
Anonoymous
I just wanted to say that I was on my way to college this morning when I heard Lisa talk a lil about how long she and her hub waited for God to bless them with children.  My hub and I have been married for 11yrs and have been waiting. It truly is my hearts desire-and even though it gets tough at times.  I'm not giving up.  I know we will have a baby of our own! I was so encouraged when I heard that story this morning because as our anniversary approaches, birthdays approach-satan tries to get you down-but then God throws us a bone to help us keep believing
6/9/2010 9:29:34 AM
Wynne Gillis United States
Wynne Gillis
Think about it: we flush our toilets with water that's cleaner than 328 million people (many of them children) have to drink. What possible excuse could there be not to help?
6/10/2010 6:08:30 AM
Noel United States
Noel
Good morning!  I just wanted to say Thank You to the ministry of KLove!

This morning I was driving to work.  I was stopped at a stoplight, and happened to glance up.  I looked over at the car next to me, and the lady there was singing the same song that I was!  It brightened my heart and I said a quick prayer asking God to bless her today!  It amazes me that people all over the world might be joining me in worship, and singing the same songs to God that I am!

Thank you for reaching out around the world to help those in need, and thank you for brightening my little corner of the world each day!  god is so good!

Blessings~ noel
6/11/2010 5:27:26 AM
Ryan Campbell United States
Ryan Campbell
Currently, water quality was very bad. The water was contaminated by chemicals dangerous. Movement like this is very useful to the community to campaign on the importance of maintaining cleanliness of the water.

6/13/2010 10:20:52 PM
Megan Baxter United States
Megan Baxter
I think what your doing with the blood water mission is awsome. hat I was able to donate but unfortantly at this time I'm not but I keep prayin about it and god will provide. but the real reason i wanted to write you was because i picked up a movie at the library oh about a week ago thinking that my huband would like it anyway I just finally sat down and watched it and man i think it may have changed my life or at least how i think about a few things. It's called fireproof with Kirk cameron and it's about live love, God and a forty day love dare.please watch it. i 'm going to try to buy the book and pray that god helps me with it.