If your kids are already feeling restless this summer, take some tips from teachers on how to bring order to your home:
1) Set up Routines - Routines and standards help children know what's expected of them, so they have a better chance for success.
2) Aim High - Don't be afraid to set high goals and expectations for your kids to accomplish this summer. When they hit them, they'll feel a sense of accomplishment and want to do more!
3) Streamline Your Discipline - Make sure your children know what you expect from them behavior wise. Also make sure they know what the consequences are if they break the rules.
4) Show Them You Care - The best teachers are firm, but loving. Same goes for the best parents. So, even though you have boundaries in place, love your children lavishly!
5) Take Advantage of Your Child's Desire to Please You - Children also love striving for goals, which gives you a wonderful opportunity to be their cheerleader.
To dig deeper on these ideas and more, check out our friends at iMoms.