Jun 18 2010

Father's Day Quotes

"Fathers are the great gift-givers of the world!"
- Mrs. John Bruce Dodd, founder of Father’s Day

"One father is worth more than a hundred schoolmasters."
- George Herbert

The father of a couple of teenagers called the telephone company and announced, "I want to report an obscene phone bill."
- Vern McLellan

Father to teenage son: "No, you can’t use the car—but please feel free to use the lawnmower."
- Vern McLellan

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
- Theodore Hesburgh

"My father didn’t tell me how to life; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
- Clarence Budington Kelland

"You don’t raise heroes; you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes."
- Walter Schirra Sr.

My father always told me, "Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life."
- Jim Fox

"It is a wise father that knows his own child."
- Shakespeare

"God is the Father who is always home."
- Unknown

"Of all nature’s gifts to the human race, what is sweeter to a man than his children?"
- Cicero

"The words that a father speaks to his children in the privacy of home are not heard by the world, but, as in whispering-galleries, they are clearly heard at the end and by posterity."
- Jean Paul Richter

"It has been said that paternity is a career imposed on you without any inquiry into your fitness for it. That is why there are so many fathers who have children, but so few children who have fathers."
- Adlai Stevenson

"A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be."
- Frank A. Clark

Small boy’s definition of Father’s Day: It’s just like Mother’s Day only you don’t spend so much.
- Unknown

Jim Bishop describes the feeling a father had when his daughter became engaged: "This is the third of four daughters. Every time it happens, I’m obsessed with the feeling I’m giving a million-dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla."

6/18/2010 6:57:46 AM
George Cook Jr. United States
George Cook Jr.
Fathers raise your children in God's Word... Don't trust the world to do what has always been a Father's Joy to do.
6/18/2010 7:43:35 AM
John United States
John
It is easy to be there for your children, but not so easy to raise them. Happy Fathers Day and be blessed through all you do.
6/18/2010 8:26:52 AM
kristie brown United States
kristie brown
hi my name is kristie.my dad was a godly dad.he loved the lord.loved us childs and there only me and my brother that is the oldest. so being the only girl and ther yougest. was speacial to him. he died june 24 1995.i still miss him so bad
6/18/2010 10:16:15 AM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
I have another quote for you guys!  • "I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week." -- Mario Cuomo

those quotes above are pretty amazing!
love you guys!
6/18/2010 11:21:12 AM
Susan Seeman-Pultz United States
Susan Seeman-Pultz
I don't wanna take away from anyone else who is entering the throw your dad on the boat thing but I want to honor my father with my seven words. " He was a hero even after death" My dad was a Vietnam vet and saved men in his troop. He saved my halloween candy from my greedy brothers and sisters and when he died he saved 57 peoples lives by being a donor.
6/18/2010 5:38:30 PM
Jaclyn Kimball United States
Jaclyn Kimball
My dad loves me and is a genuis he always helps me with my homework. Sometimes though he accidently gives me the answers. He is my hunting and fishing buddy. He is my sports trainer when the sport season is over. Although he's no thome much he still loves me becauese he always comes Home from work with a smile on his face. When I get in trouble I know he still loves me and I still love him, My dad is the one I go to talk to if I want to do something outside. My friends dad died just a couple yeard ago and I put myself in her spot and I just cried. I think it is hard for my dad because his dad deid a little while ago(pretty far back) and he tells us stories about his dad and it looks like he going to cry.
He loves it when he can go to some of our (brother, sister, and I)  games he can't make alot though.
6/19/2010 7:36:29 AM
Samuel Porten United States
Samuel Porten
My name is Samuel.  I am 9.  I want to say that my Dad is loving, caring, nice, compassionate, patient, unselfish, and not mean.  I loved when he coached 3 of my soccer seasons and took me to a Minnesota Vikings game.  I love my Dad.
6/19/2010 12:35:17 PM
Claire United States
Claire
I love them all! It is naturally true! All dads are different! That's what makes a difference!
6/19/2010 7:07:11 PM
Fathers Day Presents United States
Fathers Day Presents
Awesome Father's Day Quotes. Thanks for sharing this valuable blog.  I have added to you in my social bookmark.
6/19/2010 9:11:07 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
MEMORY OF YOU
Why does it rain, when we are already so sad?

Are the skies mourning with us, crying for you Dad?

Watch over us. Take care of us. Give us your strength to get through.

For the tears won't stop falling. God, how I miss you.

Where are you now? You're not here to hold my hand.

You have always been there for us. You were such a wonderful man.

Dad, we need you to wipe our tears. For you were our backbone.

Helped us grow throughout the years.

You scolded us when we did bad.

Never held back, giving all of us everything you had.

Now, I lie awake, can't close my eyes.

I think about our moments, in between my cries.

I still hear you voice, ringing in my ears.

I still feel your presence, scaring away our fears.

And the silly songs you used to sing.

Your smile, your eyes.

God how I remember everything.

A part of you we hold deep inside.

You will always be here. Your memory will never die.

For you will live on, forever and always.

Besides us you will walk, guiding us in many ways.

In the skies, you will watch.

For the rain will stop, and the sun will shine.

And the memory of you will make us smile not cry.

I know one day, some day in time.

Love always,

Jessica
6/20/2010 12:29:29 AM
Life United States
Life
hAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE FATHERS!  HAVE A NICE DAY AND BLESSINGS FROM SOMEONE IN EL PASO,
THANK KLOVE ALWAYS FOR YOUR MUSIC. HAPPY FATHER DAY FATHER GOD, YOU ARE MY GOD, MY DAD, AND MY MOTHER, AND HUSBAND ALL TO ME AND HAPPY FATHERS DAY. I WILL WALK WITH YOU WITH OR WITHOUT FAMILY AND I WILL GIVE TO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE FAITHFUL AND WONDERFUL AND I CAN'T OUTGIVE YOU.
6/20/2010 7:30:50 AM
Wendy United States
Wendy
Father's Day
Not everyone has a fabulous father.  For some this day can be a painful reminder of that.  Hearing stories on air of great dads is nice but some support for the rest of us would be helpful.  After 35 years it still stings to know that my dad left my family.  I was 7 when he committed suicide.
For many years I have been comforted by Psalms 68:5.  He will be a father to the fatherless.  God is a pretty awesome Dad.  I know He's got my back in a special way.
6/20/2010 7:47:53 AM
Renee and Jared Gursslin United States
Renee and Jared Gursslin
Our 8 year old son and I have been calling all week and have not been able to my contact since Monday.  All we could think of as "what a blessing that so many people are listening to K-Love radio. My son came up with words 7 things that describes Dad. First, he is very smart (he is always tying to fix stuff),he is a caring man (he is never to busy to help even a total stranger), He is creative (he like to build stuff like decks, porches and storage rooms with no plans), He is very hard working (he always come back full of sweat,He is courageous (he is a policeman), He a mentor (kids in the neighborhood always come over to see what he is doing), and last he is extremely fun-loving (He always manage to make time for me his son no matter how busy and crazy things/time make get.

Over all my Dad is the coolest Dad ever and I am so blessed to have him for my Dad. He name is Scott Gursslin, of  321 James st.Apex, NC 27502 (919) 810-2940.  We understand that this entry may be to late to be enter in the Friends and Family cruise contest but I wanted to share this anyway because I'm so proud of our 8 year old son Jared.

God Bless you all,