Aug 08 2010

God of this city: Indianapolis!

Downtown Indianapolis, Sunday morning August 8th, thousands of Christians worshiping together!

Thank you to everyone who worked to make Worship in the City so amazing and God honoring.  For city blocks you could hear Jesus being praised.  Some of the music was urban gospel, some was southern gospel, and some of the music was modern rock worship.  Several pastors shared their hearts.  It was BEAUTIFUL to see the Body of Christ together, outside, in unity, and motivated to serve Indianapolis.  When the Aaron Pelsue Band began sing "God of this City" with downtown Indy as the backdrop, it was moving, precious, anointed, and so right.

What is going to happen in America if the church joins together to love our cities like NEVER before, in an UNPRECEDENTED move of unity and love under the banner of Jesus Christ?  The very best is yet to come.  I'm praying God will show me what my role is, show you what your role is, and that we will all have the courage to do what He calls us to do.

The time has come to love and to live what we've learned.

in Christ - Lisa

8/9/2010 5:11:25 AM
Liz United States
Liz
This is my dream!  To bring churches together instead of seeing them divided.  I live in Worcester, MA and just think it would be amazing to see people fill the streets outside praising Jesus!
This is so beautiful!!  I pray for more of it across our country and the world!
8/9/2010 5:32:08 AM
Jason Rosenberry United States
Jason Rosenberry
It is amazing that you said that it would be awsome to get all of the churches together to do Gods work. Because that was the very message we had in last Sunday morning service. So God is puting the message out tp the people.
8/9/2010 5:44:52 AM
Michelle Huneycutt United States
Michelle Huneycutt
Goodness, that's a lot of people! It's great to see so many people who are willing to praise God freely. God bless you guys for your ministry as our K-LOVE djs.
8/9/2010 8:53:40 AM
Colleen Kopf United States
Colleen Kopf
Always amazing when the larger body of Christ comes together to worship HIM! 8/9/10 Couldn't find a place to comment on the Tony Dungee interview this morn. Tony reminded me of my friend Jacque' who was always helping out with her sons sports teams and the coaches and when they'd start to get a little too intense or harsh she would cheerfully call out, "Your teaching more than football there Coach!" or "Your teaching more than baseball here Coach." And usually that was enough to get coaches to remember to do right things right.
8/11/2010 6:56:43 PM
tyler United States
tyler
That is awesome. I live with in 50 miles from indy i would have love to been there. Is this event annual?
2/11/2011 11:54:20 PM