Sep 03 2010

"Out Live Your Life Month" on the K-LOVE Morning Show

We believe this September will be like no other.  We believe this September will be life changing.  September is "Out Live Your Life Month" on the K-LOVE Morning Show - inspired by Max Lucado's new book "Out Live Your Life: You Were Made to Make a Difference".  You are invited on this journey, to read the book and to pursue a life that will continue to make a difference after you are no longer here on the Earth!

Max writes: "You and I have been given an opportunity to make a big difference. What if we did? What if we rocked the world with hope? Infiltrated all corners with God’s love and life? We are created by a great God to do great works. He invites us to outlive our lives, not just in heaven, but here on earth. Let’s live our lives in such a way that the world will be glad we did."

Are you wanting to live that way?  Join us daily as Max will give us insight into how we can "outlive our life", plus he'll provide resources and tools right here on the Lisa & Eric page to help us grow.

And check this out ... One hundred percent of the author’s royalties from Outlive Your Life products will benefit children and families through World Vision and other ministries of faith-based compassion, like building water wells in Uganda.  So when you buy the book, you are already doing something to outlive your life.

Read the "Fable of Father Benjamin" and the first chapter of the book HERE

9/1/2010 4:56:15 AM
Jo United States
Jo
I heard you guys mention this morning that some people have waited there whole lives for september 2010 well that is true in my case. My mom is due to have my first and only simbling in 16 days!! I will be almost 16 years old when he arrives, & i have been awaiting his arrivel 16 years.
9/1/2010 5:50:24 AM
Andrea Gaines United States
Andrea Gaines
I bought this book last week, and will be reading it with you.
I will say though, that be prepared when God decides to open your eyes for those things that break His heart. It's life changing!!!
When He opened our eyes to the plight of the orphan back in 2004, it's as if he put God sized toothpicks in our eyes to prop them open. We have adopted 2 boys from Ethiopia, one with special needs. We have led a mission trip back to Ethiopia in April of this yr, and are going back next year. And I am now involved with an organization called Project HOPEFUL that helps advocate for, and raise awareness for HIV adoptions.
It's an amazing ride...God is truly awesome.
I am looking forward to hearing how He changes the lives of those that read the book, and how He opens our eyes further.
Thank you for sharing this with us all!!
9/1/2010 6:30:11 AM
Salomé du Toit South Africa
Salomé du Toit
Lisa and Eric, thanks so much for the wonderful show. I live in South Africa, and I love listening all the way from here.
I'm especially encouraged and inspired by the wonderful life-changing stories I hear online, and the music as well, and I definitely love listening while I plunge through the difficult challenges of completing my studies.
Martin Luther said that 'if you study, then spend more time with God,' then you'll succeed in your studies. Most students do it the other way round, with no time for God. It's ironic, but a blessed thought, and I was so challenged.
There's so many young people here in Africa who desperately need the salvation of Jesus Christ.
Thank you so much for what you guys are doing and may God richly bless you, thank you also for brightening up days which could sometimes get a little gloomy with my eyes stuck in my study books.
Prayers to you both. (and everyone at Klove.)
9/1/2010 6:34:01 AM
Lesli United States
Lesli
I have been to Uganda annually since 2006 for short term mission trips with my church and plan to return in January 2011.  My husband and I have been prayerfully considering a longer commitment such as 3 - 6 months.  Our hesitation has been primarily due to logistical concerns (paying bills while we're gone, expenses there, kids schooling) This morning I turned on KLove and the words I heard from Lisa were "like should I go to Uganda or should I stay here".  WOW!  We will continue to pray for God's guidance and ask that you pray with us on this journey.  Lesli and Gene
9/1/2010 7:48:06 AM
Jessica Mitchell United States
Jessica Mitchell
I heard you talking about why this month is important to so may. All my live I have dreamed about Being a Mom. This month marks My beautiful Daughters First Bithday. My first Year as a Mom Has flown by, But how I have cherished every moment of it. My life is so much more meaningful now with Elizabeth in it. I love her so much and am So So thankful to God for the great gift he has given me in Her!!!
Rochester Ny
Jessica
9/1/2010 9:56:52 AM
Jackie United States
Jackie
I am REALLY excited to begin this journey with you!  Two years ago, I read "The Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns and it changed the way I see my position in the world.  I picked up a copy of "Out Live Your Life" today and to quote one of my favorite Steven Curtis-Chapman songs, "I'm divin' in."  Let's do this thing!
9/1/2010 9:58:42 AM
Patrick A. Rossi, Sr. United States
Patrick A. Rossi, Sr.
As I posted on my Facebook Profile, I will be joining you in reading Max Lucado's new book, Outlive Your Life! I met Max Lucado many years ago when I worked at Multnomah Press in Portland, Oregon. I actually got to work in the "bindery" in the running of a couple of his early books: No Wonder They Call Him The Saviour and God Came Near. I'm so thankful that he is such a willing vessel for the Lord. I really enjoy the "morning show". God bless your ministry!!! I listen to 94.3 and live in St. Charles, Illinois.
9/1/2010 10:14:26 AM
Paul Vanover United States
Paul Vanover
Check out this video!  This is very powerful!

www.facebook.com/.../video.php
9/1/2010 6:52:48 PM
Susan
Susan
cool
9/1/2010 7:00:59 PM
Joely United States
Joely
While driving my son to daycare and myself to work this morning I heard you guys talking about Outlive Your Life and before I heard anything else I knew exactly what you were going to be saying. I kept listening and sure enough I heard you guys talking about things that have been on my heart for the past few months.  Then I kept listening and heard Max Lucado speak about his book, how it came to be and where the proceeds were going, today was definitely my morning to be listening.  You see my husband and I are in the beginning stages of adopting a child from Ethiopia and since deciding to do this our hearts have been opened up more than we ever could have imagined.  It has already turned our lives upside down in such a wonderful way and has become our mission in life to help children in Ethiopia and show others the need that exists in not only adoption but in aid and sponsorship for the children in Ethiopia and other similar countries.  We have learned truly what is important in life and now the hard part...getting everyone else on board with us!  The awesome part is that along the way we have met so many other families on the same mission as us and we have such a great support system and networking system through all of our blogs.  Hearing Max talk this morning about how he came to write this book and being asked "what do you think your great grandkids and their kids, etc will think when they know you lived in a world with so many hungry people and did nothing to help?"  I can only hope and pray that more people will ask themselves this question and then act on it!

9/1/2010 7:10:41 PM
Nancy George United States
Nancy George
I'M IN!!! IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT MONTH!!!
9/1/2010 7:44:05 PM
Catherine United States
Catherine
This weekend I went to church and picked up every flier that I saw without reading the headlines of any of them. I got home and left them in the car (I procrastinate just about everything). Well, I felt something calling me to go back out to the car that day and telling me to read through them.

The one that wouldn't leave me alone was an advocacy alert. My county is considering using tax funds for abortions. I went through one about 10 years ago and a part of me was torn out with the baby and it hurts me today as much as it did then.

I couldn't focus on anything today until I read the first chapter of Max's book. I started crying and found the words I needed. I quoted his book from "You realized that these days are more than ice cream trips..." to "...our shot at it will have passed us by" This is the rest of what I said "Well, some don’t get a shot because somebody else decided it was their choice. But, I must also say that there is more than one victim when an abortion occurs. I lost a piece of myself that day and even though it was almost 10 years ago the wounds are still fresh.

If you really want to help these people teach them the value of life. Teach them that THEY are valuable. Have them to talk to a counselor so they may understand all of their options and take a step back from the emotional ocean that they’re drowning in to find hope."

I pray that this statement from me is enough to ensure that they don't decide to publicly fund abortions and I hope that it plants a seed that will help raise these women and their unborn children up to realize that they matter.

This was the first time I had talked to anyone about my abortion besides my husband. Even with the words typed in front of me I was barely able to squeeze them out without completely loosing it and sobbing. I think that continuing this path will be the only way to start the healing and hopefully get other women who have gone through it to come out and talk to help with their healing.
9/2/2010 6:56:31 AM
Joy United States
Joy
Hi!  I listen to you guys almost every morning when I am driving my son to school and then on my way to work.  I LOVE listening to your show!  I am very interested in this month's challenge and am wondering if you will be posting a link for each chapter of the book?

God Bless!
9/2/2010 8:23:48 AM
Kira United States
Kira
Wow, the trailer gave me goosebumps! Amazing! I am 11 and I aws touched!
9/2/2010 8:38:11 AM
Steve United States
Steve
My Sister dying of cancer and she need pray, also could post this copy on your F/B

In memory of every cancer patient, family member, and friend who have fought, or fought and lost a battle with cancer, and in honor of those who continue to fight it. Put this up for 1 hour if you love someone who has or had cancer. Many won't copy and paste. I did. Will you
9/2/2010 10:34:52 AM
Pamela United States
Pamela
Good morning.  I am so excited to read Max's new book and to follow along everyday.  I cannot locate the promised tools on the Lisa and Eric page.  When I click on the link it takes me to the same place over and over again.
9/2/2010 11:12:50 AM
Michelle United States
Michelle
Good Morning! I am really excited about tagging along on this journey with you and Max Lucado!  Just read the first chapter and....well...have you ever had the feeling that you just aren't doing enough??  That's me!  Being a single mom and raising 3 great kids, volunteering in recovery with women and single moms from alcohol and drugs, helping in a senior assisted living facility and seeming to be constantly busy...I often feel that I am called to do more!  I'm hoping that this will put my life into perspective and balance!  I have been blessed with some many gifts...lots of new beginnings and the freedom from the bondage of alcohol and drugs. Losing my job this year has given me the opportunity to grow in Christ even more!  So...WOW!  I am so looking forward to the new messages from Christ that will come my way!
9/3/2010 6:00:43 AM
Pam United States
Pam
Hi Lisa and Eric,

I was reading all your comments and one struck me right in the heart. It is from Catherine, who spoke of wanting to heal from her abortion. I know the hurt she feels and I wanted to share with her how I found healing. I would really appreciate it if you would direct her and all women who have had an abortion experience to the following groups:

Many women suffer from depression, addiction, guilt, grief, anger, eating disorders, sexual problems, low self-esteem, suicidal tendancies, repeated abortions. You can find all the symptoms on the Rachels Vineyard website.

Thanks to wonderful women like Theresa Burke, who founded Rachels Vineyard/Project Rachel, there is now a place for women and men to go to find healing.

I spent 10 years in absolute pain (emotional, physical and spiritual) and anquish after my abortion experience. My experience was especially difficult because I was already a mom to 3 kids. Through the grace of God, I was directed to Project Rachel by a dear priest. That one weekend changed my life forever. I am still healing and still learning to forgive myself. Now I know that my baby girl, MaryGrace, is with Jesus and she loves me and forgives me.

We all talk about saving babies, and that is important, but part of being pro-life is ministering to these women, who for whatever reason, felt they had no choice but abortion.  Women like me feel alone, unworthy, and unforgiveable. I mean, how can God, who sacrificed His Son for me, ever forgive me for killing my child? But the truth is that God is waiting there with arms wide open to love us, to helps us heal, to forgive us. His mercy is boundless. His love endless.  God wants to heal all the mothers and fathers who have had an abortion experience. Please, I beg of you, send this message out. Help women like me find healing. Please, get this message out.

May God bless you both.
9/3/2010 6:21:18 AM
Jennifer Marsh United States
Jennifer Marsh
I have read the first part of the book and I cannot wait to get more into it. I have just started a new job that I think God has called me to work. I am now a Foster Care Service Worker and I think that God has called me to this job so that I can impact some children and family's lives. This book is falling right into what I think that my new path is meant for me.  I look forward to reading the rest of the book and love to listen to your radio station. Keep up the good work and touching people's lives. I know that you have touched mine. God Bless You.
9/3/2010 6:48:51 AM
Freddie Shuler United States
Freddie Shuler
Just wanted to say thank you! Sunday is my birthday and instead of receiving....I'm giving 5 copies of Max's new book away to folks in my sunday school department with the stipulation that they read it, make a difference and then pass the book on. Our department are the "seniors" in our church with the opportunity to make a difference in our grand children and greatgrand children!  Bless you for highlighting Max's new book this month!!! Sister n Christ
9/3/2010 8:31:56 AM
Kelly Hardin United States
Kelly Hardin
I just read the first chapter- and cannot wait to buy this book! I listen to K-Love every time I'm near the radio- even at work! I spend a lot of time alone in my office- so K-Love keeps me company! I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me during the rest of my life! I'm 25 and I know that I have so much life left ahead of me- I'm ready to make a change! To do something- so that when my children grow up they can be proud to call me Mommy. Thank you K-love!
9/3/2010 8:34:46 AM
Jenna Torres United States
Jenna Torres
After hearing you talk about the book for days I finally went on and read the first chapter. I’m ALL in! Oh my goodness I cried the whole chapter tears of joy and affirmation. I have had a lot of things happen over the last year. Good and bad!  We are losing our home to foreclosure, my husband and I separated and almost divorced. I am now teaching in the childrens ministry 3rd & 4th grade girls! Through MUCH prayer and guidance my husband Dionisio was saved, baptized, we moved into his smaller more affordable apartment and we have had a full reconciliation in our marriage. We are active in church and small groups together. When we were trying to work through our problems we went to Mexico to take our children to see his family. The girls and I had only met those who have come to the U.S. on short term work visas. Our only communication has been phone and a few letters in 6 years. It was the most amazing trip of my life meeting my mother and father in law, his 7 siblings and their families of 36 total children!!! Humbled is the best word. Since our return and reconciliation I have been closer to God than ever. However going to Mexico changed everything about me. I have always had the heart of a missionary but have never really done anything about it. I feel like God is calling me to GO to Mexico and show his love and help in so many ways. I met motherless teenage girls who have dropped out of school for one reason or another in Elementary or middle school. Children who are excited over simple coloring books and crayons because they don’t have such luxuries, 3 families living in one room shacks but would give you your last crumb if you needed it. There you need dress clothes to go to church and most can’t afford it. That is just to name a few things. I do not know all the details or what to do with this incredible sense of urgency inside of me, yet.  So I pray to ask for God’s divine guidance to work it through for his glory!! I have asked some of my pastors to pray for me as well. Most of my friends and family think I am crazy and maybe I am. Crazy in love with God , and want to do more than just exist day by day. I want his will at ANY cost and will GO anywhere or do anything that he asks! Thanks for putting into words what I feel in my heart Max Lucado! I have asked a few of those that feel I have talked crazy lately to read to book to see where I am coming from. OH MY and it is just chapter one! I even want to buy the book for my husband in Spanish as he is ready to go and is on board with me on showing God’s love but isn’t getting exactly how in the world we can do it since we are by no means financially able alone. I have go to go get the book this afternoon to finish it! THANKS K-LOVE!!!
9/5/2010 4:19:04 PM
Maria United States
Maria
Hi!  I will be reading this book with you in preparation for my first mission trip to Ethiopia in November.  This is also the first time our church is going. God's timing is perfect. To put it simply, I am 47, mother of 4, finishing up RN training in December, school is working with me to reschedule clinicals and a test so I can go. Called to serve, stepping out of comfort zone. Praising God that He prepared someone like me.  God is so good!
9/6/2010 7:17:26 AM
Peggy United States
Peggy
What a blessing. Thank you K Love for making a difference for Christ. I so enjoyed the book. I so want God to use me to make a difference in the paths I cross.
God Bless,
Peggy
9/6/2010 4:31:17 PM
CCB United States
CCB
I am so glad you are doing this!  I have recently gone back to work after being a stay at home mom for the last 5 years.  In going back to work, I am no longer able to participate in the Tuesday Morning Bible Study I have been participating in.  As I drive to work in the mornings, I listen to K-Love, and this is such a blessing, as it fills the void of my Bible Study.  Thank You!
9/7/2010 6:47:46 AM
Wendy United States
Wendy
I was listening to Lisa this morning about the proceeds of Max's book going to build wells in Uganda.  I attended a youth conference in Louisville, KY this summer with my 15 year old son and others from our church youth group.

The youth went through an exhibit that showed how unclean the water was in Africa and how far many young children had to walk for water everyday.  When our youth left the exhibit, they decided that they needed to earn money to send to Africa to build a well.  They are holding spaghetti dinners each month until they have all the funds to build a well.

My youngest son, 12, wants to go to Africa to actually help them dig the well!  God is amazing and gives us hope through our youth and their willingness to GO!
9/21/2010 8:06:39 PM
Cortney Jalomo United States
Cortney Jalomo
This is exactly what my husband and I want to do this Christmas. We have lost sight of what is truly is about. We want a way to give a gift without having to spend money or any money at all. We just have no clue where to start. We want to leave a legacy for Christ. One that our families, families, families can look back on. We want to do it all for the one that gave it all. Thank you KLOVE. You are the one of the greatest things in our lives! I would appreciate any ideas from anyone who has an idea! Let this be about our LORD!