Sep 20 2010

Tenth Avenue North - Interview

Mike and Ruben of Tenth Avenue North are our special guests this morning sharing their hearts and music from their new album "The Light Meets the Dark" If you missed the interview, including live performances of their songs "Healing Begins" and "Times", click the links below the picture.

Mike does his Shrek impersonations

Mike shares the story behind "Healing Begins"

Mike & Ruben perform "Healing Begins"

Mike talks about how the song "Hold My Heart" ministered to Matt Hammitt of Sanctus Real

One of Mike's alter egos requests the song "Times"

Mike & Ruben perform "Times"

9/20/2010 3:40:41 AM
Katie United States
Katie
Hi there,

Good morning!  I am just going to head back to bed after waking up at 2:30am & not being able to fall back asleep (for the 7th out of the last 8 nights).  Insomnia is so frustrating, and pretty new to me, but I don't doubt that God is going to use this to mold me and hopefully bring somebody else closer to him someday.  He has been faithful to bring my husband and I through struggles and blessings) in the past, and He hasn't changed at all.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for getting up super early (I'm from MN- it's 5:37am) and being an encouraging voice on the radio.  I was really encourage to hear you start the show with prayer- thanks for reminding to go right to God with things.  Have fun with 10th Ave N!  I would love to stay up and listen to the interview, but I have a energetic 2 1/2 yr old who will be calling me in about 3 hours. Smile

God bless.
Katie
9/20/2010 5:06:55 AM
Jean Metcafl United States
Jean Metcafl

It is so neat that we tuned in this morning just in time to hear this story!  I love how God works.

Thank you for your ministry and all you do.
9/20/2010 5:44:40 AM
nfl picks United States
nfl picks
Good morning!  I was driving my kids to school this morning when we heard the story about 10th Ave. North's song "Hold my Heart" and the family in Toledo, Ohio with the baby with a heart defect (Bowan family).  My 4 week old niece baby Paislyn is also in Toledo, Ohio with some heart defects and will eventually be having open heart surgery in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  I am going to tell Paislyn's parents (Aubrey and Jake) about this song and story, and maybe they can connect with that family in Toledo.  Please pray for baby Paislyn that she gets off oxygen today, and that she will not have to have lung surgery before her heart surgery. http://www.bangthebook.com/
9/20/2010 6:06:01 AM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
I walked into my room hearing that Tenth Avenue North was about play a new song so I ran to my bed and laid down to listen. It was amazing, I love them so much.

p.s. I heard about it being talk like a pirate day yesterday...

I had no clue, and It made me remember that yesterday I wore my pirate skull belt, and pirate hat to youth group. Coincidence? or instinct-like pirate feeling told me to do so?   *laughs*

p.s. personal question that i've always been unsure about...
Is it ok to wear skulls to church? I mean, everyone has a skull right?
9/20/2010 6:06:42 AM
Jean M United States
Jean M
Wow - so I had no idea this was Sanctus Real baby Bowen.  Smile  Maybe when our baby Paislyn gets to Ann Arbor, they can all meet up.
9/20/2010 7:16:05 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
I met the guys of 10th Avenue North last October at a City Feast in Milan, Tn where they so graciously came and played. I have fallen in love with your music and it ministers so well! Thank you for all you guys do and the sacrifices you have to make being on tour!
We have recently been through a church split and it has been devastating! We are starting a new church and yesterday was our 2nd Sunday and we had 95 people! Our worship leader chose your song Heal my Heart as one of the songs to sing yesterday! It ministered to us so well and at just the perfect time. We are ready to let the healing begin and go forward with a servant's heart to fulfill the Great Commission! Again thank you for your faithfulness!

Lisa
9/20/2010 7:32:42 AM
Holly Perryman United States
Holly Perryman

Thanks be to God for the lighter load and 10th Avenue North for the song.  You rock!

God Bless,

Holly
9/20/2010 11:17:54 AM
Holly United States
Holly

I see above me another Holly was helped by this song as well.  Must be our day.
9/20/2010 11:53:20 AM
Beth United States
Beth
I was listening this morning and heard Tenth Avenue North sing "Times" ( I guess it is one of their older songs) Amazing song. I have been struggling with some dark times lately and trying to heal so very deep wounds from the past that are starting to affect me now. I have been angry at God and have felt so far from Him. The words of that songs expressed what my heart could not put into words. It reminded me that God is big enough to handle my past, the shame, the pain, and even my anger towards Him. The lyrics that are God responding back are amazing. I feel like God used that song, and will continue to use it because I went out and bought it already today, to remind me not to give up and that He can and will heal me, even when I am angry and can't see Him, He is there. Thank you for this song, and all I can say is wow...
Beth
9/20/2010 12:24:54 PM
Kenzie United States
Kenzie
This morning my dad told me Tenth Avenue North was live on the radio, and I immediately jumped out of bed and frantically grabbed my radio...I think that's the fastest I've ever gotten out of bed so early, lol Smile
I was just in time to hear the song "Times" sung live. I LOVE that song. It is so true.
By the way, my dad said he doesn't think that people sound as good live than on CDs because the voices get messed with and all that, but I don't always agree with that. I love to hear people sing live, and I think one of the best "live" singers is Mike Donehey. He sounds even better live than on the CD.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for having Tenth Avenue North visit your station this morning. They are my favorite band, and I love listening to their music.

P.S. - Will you be playing the single "You Are More" when it comes out? I would love to hear that song on K-LOVE!!
9/20/2010 12:49:31 PM
Bruce United States
Bruce
Please, please post the whole interview out here, I missed some key parts of it, and really need to hear it.
What they were saying was really speaking to my needs right now.

God Bless,
Bruce
9/20/2010 1:14:22 PM
Jimmie Carol Green United States
Jimmie Carol Green
Good Monday.. Smile Lisa & Eric,
  This morning at 5:00 am Pacific time you played a New song, something about, YOU'VE BEEN REMADE!
Jesus woke me up so I didn't miss the song, But whats it called and who wrote it? "I FEEL LIKE THE SONG WAS WROTE FOR ME!" THANK YOU was it 10th ave...
9/20/2010 1:24:42 PM
Jimmie Carol Green United States
Jimmie Carol Green
hi again... Smile I figured it out... 10th Ave NORTH
"YOU ARE MORE" THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL SONG...AND IT'S EXACTLY WHERE I AM IN MY LIFE...THANK YOU,
10TH AVE NORTH & KLOVE & JESUS FOR WAKING ME UP TO HEAR IT.. & REMAKING ME Smile
9/21/2010 2:51:02 AM
Golf gifts for men United States
Golf gifts for men
Happy Monday to you all! I'm listening here in High Point, NC and had to comment on how great I think 10th Ave North is.  This song, "Healing Begins" seriously changed my way of thinking.  I have been a Christian for as long as I can remember but I've been carrying around a lot of baggage.  I heard this song and listened carefully to the lyrics and I had a serious "Ah Ha!" moment.  I dumped all my baggage into the light and left it there.http://www.standrewsgolf.co.uk/
9/21/2010 11:01:16 AM
Pat Mueller United States
Pat Mueller
I would love to hear the whole interview again, I was driving and would like to write down a few of the points.  Thanks
9/21/2010 6:34:35 PM
Katelyn United States
Katelyn
I'm really excited you guys got to have TAN on the show.  I saw them Saturday - if you have the chance to see them live, you should definitely go!  I'd also like to second the requests for posting the interview - silly work schedule got in the way Smile
Thanks!  Love the show!
9/21/2010 6:50:21 PM
eric United States
eric
Hey Folks,

You asked for it - you got it.  Audio from our interview with Tenth Avenue North, including two live performances is now on this blog.  Enjoy! - Eric
9/22/2010 3:59:46 PM
Jimmie Carol Green United States
Jimmie Carol Green
Dear Lisa and Eric the morning that 10th Ave North was in the studio with you at 5:00 am pacific you played their song "YOU ARE MORE" this song is the most AWESOME song I have ever heard! I feel like it was written 4 ME Smile Please Play this song more K-Love Thank You for being here 4 US! Smile

9/24/2010 12:09:05 AM
unique golf gifts Australia
unique golf gifts
This morning I really needed to hear the story behind 10th Ave North's  "Healing Begins."  I am in a lot of pain today and it was a great reminder that I need to share my feelings with people and God or I wont heal.  Thank you for giving me exactly what I didn't know I needed.http://www.standrewsgolf.co.uk/
9/24/2010 4:30:42 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I got to see 10th Avenue North live in Rapid City, South Dakota this summer on a mission trip. It was really great to hear them talking about humility and how life is not about me or you or any human, but that it is all about praising God. They said almost the same thing our pastor said the Sunday before we left! Thanks for the great music. Smile
11/10/2010 10:07:12 AM
Sharon Donehey United States
Sharon Donehey
FYI - there is an obscene post in this line of comments that you all may want to delete.  Also, the song "Times" is interrupted does not play in full, & the story of Baby Bowen is also incomplete - it ends just as Mike is beginning to tell it.  Thought you all would like to know.  Thanks!