Oct 01 2010

$1 per pound - Help Lisa Outlive Her Life

$1 for each pound from October 1 until January 1st...

starting weight: 208

heres' the story:

frustrated with my recent weight gain and lack of motivation, i was pondering and praying as i folded clothes in my closet.  i've gained 18 pounds since starting on the K-LOVE Morning Show, and with the holidays coming, i was thinking deeply about it all, wondering how i could motivate myself to do what is best and healthiest for me and my family.

you see - every week, i make a workout schedule. i convince myself i'm going to eat right. and then each week i continue doing the same things i have been doing - and nothing is changing except a slow, creeping weight gain.

so i asked myself the question: what REALLY motivates you, Lisa Williams?  and i asked myself to be honest with me :)

the first response of my heart was:

money.

it's kept me at many a job:) it motivates because it's vital for living.  i thought - well maybe i could ask people to give me a dollar a pound for whatever i could lose in 3 months, and then i could buy a new wardrobe and vacation in Tahiti!

i laughed for 3 minutes.

then, i got more serious and asked myself - come on, Lis. what motivates you?

and my heart said: competition. mainly, competition with myself. i love, love, love. love, love, love, love a good challenge.

and THEN, it hit me like a ton of bricks...

Lisa!  you KNOW what motivates you the most!

it's doing good for things that matter!!!!

some of the best times in my life were in Orlando, working on off-air projects that dramatically changed lives and glorified God - so rewarding sometimes i felt like i'd just won the Superbowl.

so then i asked myself the logical next question:

how can i combine the 3 and motivate myself to lose 30 pounds?

and here's what came to me...

instead of eating my way through the next 3 holiday months, i could take October 1st to January 1st and challenge myself to lose 30 pounds (eating less and exercising).  then, there could be a Facebook page where my friends could say - yes, i'll give $1 for every pound lost by Lisa Williams from now until January 1st.  and then, to top it off with the ultimate in motivation, the money donated could go to a ministry that is changing lives, feeding orphans, reaching poor families - all with the love of Jesus Christ.

wow.  as i just typed it all out, i felt such a rush, lol.

if each pound meant that ministry to "the least of these" was going to happen in a profound, Christ-centered way...

it's $, self-competition, and doing good all in one.

so, what do you think?

will you Outlive Your Life with me?

the money you donate in January would not go to me, but straight to Compassion International.

click here if you want to motivate me.  Smile

blessings and much love in Christ,

Lisa

10/1/2010 6:38:15 AM
Candy Jupin United States
Candy Jupin
I'm with you.  How do I find that facebook page.
I have lost 25# and I still need to loose another 20 and it's hard.
10/1/2010 6:42:35 AM
lisa United States
lisa
10/1/2010 6:53:05 AM
Samuel the Christian DJ United States
Samuel the Christian DJ
I will most DEFINETLY support you... You WILL achieve your goal! Thanks again for having me at the studio today! I had the BEST TIME EVER!!! Thanks Eric and KC!
10/1/2010 6:56:15 AM
Esther United States
Esther
A few years ago like 1997 I was in a collage singing group for the summer. Just before we were to start our tour my most favorite uncle died suddenly at the age of 33 of an enlarged heart. I was devistated that I could not go and be with my family during this time of greaving. At one of our concerts I had to struggle to even pay attention while we were doing our singing and testimonies I so didnt want to be there. A few weeks later into our tour we got a note from our Music director that a man in that church we had attented had rededicated his life his wife had died earlier and for the past 5 or so  years he had given up totally on God. He blamed God for her death and didnt continue in the childrens ministry that they had been doing together. That service that I was struggling to even stay attentive he dedicated his life back to God and it was because of something I said or did that cought his attention. I dont even remember this man or what I said so I know it was only the moving of God that caused him to rededicate his life. I havent heard from him since either. As far as I know though he is still serving God in the Childrens ministry his wife and Him started.
I hope all that made since It shows us that no matter where we are or what we are doing God is using us.!! Thanks for K love I now have a wonderful Husband and 3 wonderful children. So during Dora and Diego I listen to Klove!! Smile) Thanks again God Bless
Esther Shultz
10/1/2010 9:41:24 AM
Melody United States
Melody
After reading Max's book, I felt an overwhelming need to organize a ROCKIN THE BLOCK WITH HOPE rally.  It has been a little over a week and this thing is getting bigger and bigger.  I do prison ministry but have NEVER done anything like this before but God is good and He is working out every detail.  It will be 1-1-11 at 1 p.m.  - easy to remember for everybody.  It will include christian rock, refreshments and ordinary people with extraordinary stories of hope from all different sources.  The goal is to leave "HOPELESS NO MORE" and I'm going to try really hard to have bracelets and/or t-shirts to give out to everyone who participates.  Smile
10/2/2010 5:15:13 AM
Susan United States
Susan
I'll go $2 ... 3 if I don't match you pound for pound.... ;) how cool is this ... I'm motivated by "helping"...
10/2/2010 5:23:47 AM
gina mcknight United States
gina mcknight
I'm just taking a quick opportunity to tell you (lisa) that just the sound of your voice soothes my soul.you are real! And that little southern twang is cute. I know I'm weird but who cares Jesus does! Thank you for beeing someone I admire love and look up to.
10/2/2010 12:09:41 PM
Heather Turner United States
Heather Turner
Great Job Lisa! You can do it! I'm a mom of three ages 5 weeks, 2, and 5 and have lost 38 lbs so far since last winter. I am 230 lbs., so I still have a ways. I'm running on a "no excuse" policy for my workouts. It can only help your testimony and give you more energy for your family and God's work. God bless you on this journey!
10/2/2010 2:53:45 PM
Deanne United States
Deanne
Wow! I'm so amazed and inspired with your openness about your struggles with weight...I too have been struggling with my weight for a while, and was really trying to get to the root of why I'm not motivated to change it either.  We women have so much to deal with don't we?!  I love your approach and idea! You really are an inspiration to me and my 4 daughters...we love listening to you every morning!  We're cheering for you, and we know you can do this with God's help!!
10/2/2010 4:20:47 PM
Charlotte W. United States
Charlotte W.
I love your idea and I will commit to your $1 a pound challenge! I have lost over 20 lbs since June. I wanted to recommend a book that helped me "greater Health Gods Way". The principles in this book are easy to follow and God has helped me to view this as obedience to Him. I'm with you on this!
10/2/2010 4:26:48 PM
Kathy United States
Kathy
God Bless You Lisa for being so open and honest. I have always struggled with my weight, self loathing, lack of confidence; always putting everyone and everything before me and to throw a divorce in the mix only made things worse. I found God a year prior to my divorce and He helped me through it but then I started feeling "comfortable" and stopped my daily relationship with Him. Now things are happening in my life that I stop and ask if I'm being punished. I too come up with all kinds of plans for exercise (including doing a day or two then quiting), watching how I eat, etc... and find all the excuses in the world why I don't follow through. Two weeks ago I picked up the Max Lucado book Out Live Your Live because You and Eric talked about it on your morning show...I'm ashamed to say that I have yet to open it up. Once again, I blame my busy life and being so tired, turning on the television or getting on the computer as my excuses. I'm a single mom struggling to make ends meet and may not be able to help financially but I will join your journey. If I can pay the $1.00/pound, I will.  It is time and I want to make MY LIFE a priority. So, I am going to close, pick up the book and read the first chapter. I pray it will motivate me enough to help me outlive my life. Now I need to find the FB page. Please Lord help us through this, to stay on the right path. Amen
10/3/2010 2:42:27 AM
Margi United States
Margi
I jumping on board. A friend and I need to lose also so I will donate a $1 for every pound we lose also. Niether one of us is very motivated so I am hoping this will do the trick. I am also going to try to get more of us to jump on also.
10/3/2010 10:13:19 PM
Donna United States
Donna
What a great idea Lisa... thanks for the challenge.  Last week I joined Weight Watchers (for the millionth time) but this time I want my weight loss to be about something more than food. I want this to be about me becoming all that God wants me to be. I want to begin TODAY to outlive my life.  KLOVE offers encouragement in so many different ways, and this is just another outpouring of God's work through the ministry of KLOVE. I'll meet your challenge of $1 per pound, but will combine the total of my weight loss with yours. My goal is 50 pounds by Christmas.... let's do it.  We can do all things through Christ.... Peace!
10/3/2010 10:17:22 PM
Donna United States
Donna
10/4/2010 6:45:53 AM
Winnie JOnes United States
Winnie JOnes
You are such an inspiration to others. I am overweight. I got to the fitness center for days a week at my school. But it is still hard because i go by myself and i get really discouraged! i have a thyroid problem. My doctor just got it back right. I have lost 8 pounds but then i fall out of my excerising routine and just go back to my regular way. I have to look at God for my strength in this time. He helps me get through it. This is a new week and i am going start eating right and keep up with my exercise routine. thank you for sharing
10/5/2010 6:26:36 AM
Sherri United States
Sherri
Lisa,

While I totally agree with what everyone else has said I have to say that what struck me the most is this....You just told everyone your weight!! My husband doesn't even know mine...isn't that like breaking the female code or something?? Smile

I will do my best to remember to pray for you. It will not be a cake walk (ha ha...no pun intended) but with God's help you will certainly get there.

Sherri
10/11/2010 7:21:46 AM
heather whitehead United States
heather whitehead
Lisa I am on board with you. I will lose wieght and give a dollar for every pound I loose. I know I am starting late but at least I am starting. I have been heavy all my life but this is the biggest I have been ever. 277lbs. I cant stand the fat clothes any longer. I am with you 100%.
11/1/2010 1:38:22 PM
Pete Gibson United States
Pete Gibson
We are among the millions that struggle to lose weight, keep it off or lack motivation. I have started my weight loss with Advocare's 24 Day Challenge and it worked great! I feel better than I have in 1o years, have more energy, losing weight. I would encourage everyone to start on it. Advocare is Platinum Sponsor's of Women of Faith, and Michael W. Smith and Kuless are NON paid endorsers, so you can' t go wrong. In fact, you only have inches and pounds to lose. Keep up the great work Lisa!
11/30/2010 6:26:20 AM
Jill United States
Jill
Joined through the FB page!
Think of each pound you lose as a meal a child gains....