Oct 05 2010

Brave Questions Women Ask God ... Angela Thomas

Have you ever found yourself saying ...

I'm afraid to dream big ...

I am invisible ...

I am worn out ...

I am lonely ...

I am broken ...

I am disappointed ...

... if you have, you are not alone.  Angela Thomas (who was with us on Tuesday) has a book called do you know who i am - and other brave questions women ask.  Angela wants you to know that God has a response to what you've been feeling and thinking.  For His answers, click here.

10/5/2010 5:04:44 AM
Sue United States
Sue
Yes to all the above and more, it's hard to believe someone as lovely and young as you ever has.  I feel old and passed by and wonder what you could possibly know about how invisible I feel, not as a teenage with glasses and braces but as a 55 year old woman with just another day to get through in front of her.  Have a teensy bit of hope though as I've been talking to God about things lately and wonder if hearing about this book this morning is Him really hearing me.
10/5/2010 5:16:40 AM
bob United States
bob
Where's the diversity?  All I see are pretty clean Caucasians.....One problem with the church today.
10/5/2010 6:12:35 AM
Connie Delancy United States
Connie Delancy
This touches my heart! I have had these thoughts myself many times but right now I can see and feel my two teenage girls suffering through them. I just posted my morning prayer on facebook before I read this. For some reason God gave me these words for my children today:

To: Bethany, Alexis, Joshua, & Laura,

As I wake up from my sleep,
Please don't let my children weep.
Keep them safe, Oh Lord I pray,
As they face another day.

Help them see you are enough,
When roads are long and sometimes tough.
Lift their hearts and ease their minds,
Keep them oh so thoughtful and kind.

Help them find within their self,
The grace, Oh God, to spread your wealth.
In every person, challenge, and woe,
Please show them the beauty of the RAINBOW! ~ Mom

~Connie Delancy, Williamstown, WV

10/5/2010 7:44:08 AM
Ava United States
Ava
Thank you.... so much...I have been feeling just what she said..Oh my goodness...I can't believe she is saying...what I am feeling...I have been feeling like no one see's me..I have felt so lonely...Thank you...I just Love K-love for being there..Thank you...thank you!!
10/5/2010 7:53:23 AM
Patty Skaggs United States
Patty Skaggs
I am really enjoying Angela's interview this morning. I have seen her twice, met her in person at Central Baptist Church in Collierville, TN last month. I have done three of her studies and read the accompanying books. They are so life changing. Our "sisters-in-study" at church have been greatly blessed in these studies. I am so excited to begin reading this new book. Also, I am planning to be in Tupleo, MS to see Angela again at the E-Women' Conference. Keep up the good work for us and our dear Lord! You are awesome! Thanks for having Angela on the air! Love KLove!
10/5/2010 7:54:03 AM
Tharna United States
Tharna
Hey! Listening online at work (like every other day). Smile
Sometimes, it's just really awesome to know that someone knows how you're thinking/feeling and kinda what you're going through.
Please tell Ms. Thomas thanks.
10/5/2010 8:06:35 AM
Leslie United States
Leslie
I accidentally just deleted my comments, so I am writing again. I am typically unmoved when I hear how your station played just the right song at just the right time... Or Maybe bitter because it's never happened for me? Well, it just happened for me! I am a single mom who was feeling acutely lonely today. I felt like no one cared for me. In my head, i knew that wasn't true, but in my heart it felt so true. So. Very. True. I travel all morning for my job and Just got in the car right before you brought Angela on. Lisa, you were taking about feeling lonely and lies. And I just felt like it was for me and then angela came on and talked. There were SO many variables that affected when I got in the car! From when I got up, to how long I spent with a client, to how long I spent doing my now washed away by tears make up! ( and I'm not a crier!) it just felt like " God orchestrated THis moment for me to hear these words and this song. He. Cares. That. Much" wow. I'm so touched. To everyone out there who feels the same, keep pressing into Jesus. Look for Him. He IS at work on your behalf. Thank you, Lisa, Eric, and angela and Klove for being His instrument today! And, if you are a single mom, angela's book was great! Can't wait to read the next one! Blessings, leslie
10/5/2010 8:29:56 AM
Susan United States
Susan
To Bob, I'm tired of feeling "less than" because I'm white. Don't you hear what this white woman is saying?  She has problems with feeling like she's important. We are all HUMAN! We are all tired and worn out. We all need God's love!
10/5/2010 9:15:14 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
Where can I listen to the interview?  Their interviews and show is on SOOOO early, I am not awake yet to listen to them.
10/5/2010 10:22:16 AM
Veronica Towne United States
Veronica Towne
Angela just last night my youngest sister and I were say these very words that were spoke on K-love: morning show....The two of use Bernda and I are numberd 15th child and 18th child out of the 20 brothers and sisters.... there are 10 boys and 10 girls..Brenda 45 and is the youngest girl and 3rd to youngest child, Im 49 years old and 6th youngst child and the 3rd youngest girl...I felt/feel the very things said this morning: Afraid to dream at all not just big,Invisible:worn out:Lonely:broken:and disappointed: And I know God has a plan for my life...but I have a hard time applying Gods word in my life...I would like to get my hands on your book that was talked about on the morning show this morning...Not sure if I have the right name of your book or just where to look for it ..This book will be a great gift from me to me as well as a great Christmas gift for Brenda she live in Wis...and for the time being Im living in NY state...We need this healing....can you help us sisters out.( Please )Im tired of being Invisible: Im not an number or a what one are you or are you so and so's sister....Lord Who I,DO YOU KNOW ? Your Daughters Veronica and Brenda:
10/5/2010 11:10:51 AM
Kaylynn United States
Kaylynn
I enjoyed Angela Thomas this morning while driving to work. Lately my heart has been so heavy. I lost my mom about 6 weeks ago and I'm deeply concerned about choices someone very dear to me is making. I sometimes just feel too overwhelmed to pray. The quote, "Do you know who I am?" touched my heart and I felt a wave of peace flow over and through me. Tears began to flow as I realized, it is all in His hands. He knows my concerns, my heart, and He has the wide angle lens and sees the big picture. Thank you for your broadcast, for Angela Thomas, and your ministry to all of us.
10/5/2010 11:55:20 AM
tonia bowman United States
tonia bowman
SO, is she a author and what is the name of this book??
10/5/2010 5:46:47 PM
Shaunna Edwards United States
Shaunna Edwards
I am all of the above due to a bad experience when I was young. I have been Raped by my step brothers more than i can count and it is hard to think that i am not the one to blame. I am always looking for a way to blend in and really i should just live my life as the real me. I am always second guessing myself and i have started turning things to God now that i have found that he is their and always doing things for a reason, he has a plan.
10/6/2010 5:20:21 AM
Kathy United States
Kathy
I only heard a piece of encouragement from Angela this morning about not making decisions out of loneliness and I have to wholeheartedly agree.  I have been a single mom of two teenagers for 7 years. In my adult life I have moved and traveled the United States a great deal but getting to that place of realizing that God wants more for me than what the world offers was one of the most challenging journeys I have ever taken. It has been a journey of the heart and mind and in looking back at what God has done for me along the way strengthens my faith and hope for the future regardless of what it may bring.  7 years ago I read Psalm 27:13-14 "I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!" I lived the next 5 years not believing the promise. Then I realized that my way was not working and my children were being affected by my decisions.  One day I read Jeremiah 29:10-11 and knew I had to make a choice.  Either stay in captivity or follow as the Lord led me out and walk with Him in the plan He had made for me giving me a future and a hope.  My life is still by no means easy and I still get lonely but knowing that God sacrificed His Son for me in order to give me the hope of eternity with Him, gives me the strength to walk according to His plan and not make decisions out of my own weakness. I encourage not only women but men as well to seek after God's will because His way will keep us from destroying ourselves. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share.
10/6/2010 8:20:41 AM
Mary United States
Mary
Thanks, Lisa for replaying the clip this morning about single moms! I was running late to work this morning and heard it! The Lord knows when we need encouragement and this was one of those times!
10/6/2010 2:15:21 PM
Hannah Olsen United States
Hannah Olsen
I heard what Angela Thomas had to say this morning when I was getting ready for school. My whole life I've struggled with being alone and not having many close friends (partly because I've moved around a lot) but over the past year or so I have been talking with God about it and He told me that the reason for it is because He wants me to spend more time with Him and find my identity in Him and not in how many friends I have. I just want to let people who have struggled with this or have children who struggle with being lonely that through it God wants us to spend more time with Him and through that He draws people to you.
10/6/2010 6:47:43 PM
Karen Passmore United States
Karen Passmore
The past year has been one of the most difficult of my life.  Praise be to God when I heard the interview with Angela Thomas.  I have been learning about my relational stronghold recently.  I felt great healing when she reminded the listeners of Hagar calling God, "The God Who Sees Me."  From the past 2-3 weeks of feeling alone, I was lifted to the place where I know God sees me.

Thank you to Angela and the morning show crew
10/8/2010 11:08:23 AM
Stephanie Snow United States
Stephanie Snow
I am soooo disappointed I missed her interview. Where i attend church our women's bible study is doing "When Wallflowers Dance" by Angela nad I have learned so much from this study. I am definitley going to pick up the new book ASAP
10/9/2010 4:38:04 AM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
I woke up and turned on KLOVE not kowing what the Lord wanted to show me this morning, but, as always, He wanted to take me further into His heart this morning. Lisa came across the air introducing Angela's new book "Who Am I". Then Angela spoke "The Lord said it is about ME". He wants people to know WHO HE IS. I began to weep uncontrollably. The anointing is so strong on this book. I will purhase this book and I will tell others the truth about who He is. Thank you Angela for having ears to hear and a heart to receive what the Lord is doing.Thank you Klove for stepping outside the world and being set apart. Thank you Lord for loving!!!
10/10/2010 5:29:46 PM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
I haven't read this book yet but it has already spoken to me.  I have felt invisible my whole life.  I am so encouraged to know more about my God that loves me and cares about the lonlieness I carry with me everyday.  I was like Wow this book is about me.  Someone is thinking of me. Jesus is thinking of me.  I am loved. Can't wait to get the book.
10/12/2010 7:09:36 AM
Beth United States
Beth
I heard you guys talking to Angela last week on the way to work. When I heard her say "Do You know I am tired? Do You know I feel inadequate? Do You I feel defeated...", I just wept. Someone had read my thoughts and put them in a book. Then I realized it wasn't someone, it was THE someone...God was using Angela Thomas, & Lisa and Eric, to speak to my heart that morning. I sat in my car and wept. I bought this book last weekend and have not gotten past the first two chapters, because I keep going back and reading the same passages over and over, and seeking the Scripture references and just letting the warmth wash over my heart. I could go on and on, but I'll leave you with this: "I thank my God every time I remember you..." Philippians 1:3