Nov 16 2010

The Pieces Fit ... Stephanie's Story

If you ever had doubts about how much God loves you ... or if God is in the details ... and if God can really heal and transform ... read Stephanie's amazing story of hope and restoration ...

Here is my awesome WOW story in which GOD truly spoke to me about my marriage. This happened about a year ago:

My husband and I were going through a very rough moment in our marriage. He hurt me in a way that I never expected, and I was questioning our future. So much that I had him go stay at his brothers so I could get my thoughts together. I have always believed in God, but am closer to him now more than ever, thanks to my church. So I decided to give it to God. (Which is a new concept for me, I tend to try to control everything myself and be strong willed) But I realized this was much bigger than I could handle on my own, so I gave up control of the situation and just prayed and waited.

On Saturday I went to church at 5:15 at Toledo campus, and it was a service in which each person was given a piece of a puzzle, which related to the message that week. (Which, by the way, spoke to me immensely). Well my husband, decided to go on Sunday to the Perrysburg campus at 10:45.

Sunday afternoon, he came home briefly to cut the grass, and to talk. I had set my puzzle piece on my dresser. In passing by my room later that day, I noticed another puzzle piece attached to mine. It fit together!! I was so shocked! I must have stared at it for about a half hour in amazement. It turns out it was his piece that he had gotten from the service he went to.

Later, during one of our many discussions, I asked him about it. We were both in such awe! I told him that was definitely a sign from God that spoke so loudly, that we just "fit" together and we would be OK. I've held on to that through all of this and we are taking the steps to building our marriage stronger than ever now. It is still a daily battle, but I have forgiven him, and now it is framed in our house as a constant reminder to our covenant to each other, what God promised us! (That if we lean on Him, and if it is HIS will, all will work out for the better, in HIS time)

I was later told that they had purchased 3 of the same puzzle. totaling 4,500 pieces!! We had gone to two separate service on two different days, two different times and two different campuses. What are the odds?

Stephanie would later share with us that even though they've had some ups and downs the past year, God has done some incredible things in their lives and marriage - including blessing them with them a baby girl in the past couple of weeks, Alayna Grace .

11/16/2010 4:18:51 AM
Kendra United States
Kendra
Wow! That is such a miracle from God Smile God is soooo good. I'm 16 years old and this is exactly what I needed to hear this morning! Thank you so much
11/16/2010 4:25:10 AM
Ashley Duran United States
Ashley Duran
Thanks for sharing your powerful story! My husband and I are also walking through a rough fire in our marriage right now. Its a daily battle and if I dont give it to the Lord then I could really get bitter from the situation and thats not what I want. My heart has been broken into a million pieces but the Lord is giving me a new and beautiful heart through it and has also used the situation to burn the yuckiness out of my heart and my husbands. "For then they will know that I am the Lord" "They will be my people and I will be their God"... promises that I cling to!
11/16/2010 4:41:26 AM
Griselda United States
Griselda
Im a baby Christian and knowing about this stories like the bible stories makes my faith grow immensely!It's truely inpiring to hold on to God's promises! Thank you so much for shating your Amazing story!
11/16/2010 6:32:06 AM
Muriel United States
Muriel
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story.  It's so hard to give up the hurts and struggles in my life to God, but hearing this helps me to see that's exactly what I need to do.
11/16/2010 7:08:54 AM
JB United States
JB
the odds of their puzzle pieces fitting were 3/4500 or  1/1500 so .067% WOW!!!  Such a great God Story!  He is so Good!
11/16/2010 7:11:44 AM
Kristie @ Gracefully Saving United States
Kristie @ Gracefully Saving
What an awesome story! It's a great reminder to me that HE is in control and that HIS plans are so much more than what we can only imagine!
11/16/2010 7:12:00 AM
Beverly United States
Beverly
God is good all the time!  Thank you for sharing, and may God continue to bless you and your family. Your baby girl is beautiful!
11/16/2010 7:12:02 AM
Shelley United States
Shelley
WOW!  Thank you for sharing this amazing story!  God has used your experience to speak to me and I'm sure so many others.  OH HOW HE LOVES US!
11/16/2010 7:13:12 AM
Liz United States
Liz
I had been wanting to hear Stephanie's story as I am a newlywed and creating harmony in my home now that we (my husband and children and I) are living together is proving challenging. I was amazed to learn that Stephanie is in the same city I am in AND goes to the same church. I could SO relate to her when she talked about liking to be in control and learning to give things over to God. I was encouraged by her mention of God's words to us about trusting His plans for us and how He has our best interest in mind. Today I am encouraged and I am going to 'be still' and 'let God'. Thanks Stephanie for sharing your story (a hugh blessing to me this morning)! And thanks Klove for facilitating it. I will be sharing this story with my husband as well.
11/16/2010 7:13:12 AM
Ashley United States
Ashley
That is so from God i'm happy for you
11/16/2010 7:14:06 AM
Mandi United States
Mandi
WOW GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!! I am struggling right now with my personal relationship with both myself and others, But something that I keep telling myself is that God is in Control...God will heal...God will provide,I just continue to pray...This story just says something to me. God is Good
11/16/2010 7:23:43 AM
Serena United States
Serena
Wow! I am speechless! I don't know what to say other than, Wow. God is SOOOOO good!
11/16/2010 7:26:28 AM
Mikayla United States
Mikayla
I am at school right now and I was on the compuer listening in computer discovery and I'm 13 years old and this just makes today good for me! I am really dreading going to my next class because our teacher has gotten mean lately but I hear that story and remember all I have to do is pray and trust in God and everything will be wonderful! Smile I love listening to klove and all the stories and the music!
11/16/2010 7:27:36 AM
L Philpot United States
L Philpot
Does anyone remember the Bible verse that went with this story on this morning's show?  I really need it in my life right now. Thanks
11/16/2010 7:28:58 AM
Valerie Graves United States
Valerie Graves
Through your touching story I will now learn to "let go and let GOD ".  God surely knew you were going to be alright and that your story would touch so many of us that need to learn the same thing.  May GOD keep you strong and continue to bless your marriage and your precious little girl.
11/16/2010 7:30:17 AM
Caleb J. LeJune United States
Caleb J. LeJune
submit to God and resist the Devil and he must flee!  But We must submit which means to come under God's hand!   If we do not do it God's way then we can resist Satan over and over again and he will still be there but if we will listen to God's voice in every day life descisions and stugles and obey it then we  can ressit the devil and he must then flee!!!    God has a way that is only ment for us for our situations!   That is why we must trust God wich is a nother  way to submit to him.  That is why we must  not only listen  from our natural ears but from the ears of our heart!     God Bless you all! I  declare that God  has made your marriages and relationships whole right now!! Amen
11/16/2010 7:30:45 AM
Audra McClung United States
Audra McClung
I'm in the exact same position you were in right at this very moment.  I am so glad it worked out for you and your family, and I'm now reminded and encouraged to just let God handle this for me...it's not in my control.
11/16/2010 8:03:00 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
Thanks for sharing your WOW God story, it is amazing and just what I needed to hear. May God continue to bless your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/16/2010 8:07:50 AM
CMerrill United States
CMerrill
WOW... love the puzzle peices fitting togather! Our GOD is an awesome GOD indeed! Heard the part of the story on the way to work & couldnt wait to read the rest of it on KLOVE page!!~ To L Philpot comment above I believe the verse Stephanie was refering to when she was talking to Lisa & Eric this morning is *  Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ♥

11/16/2010 8:09:07 AM
Adrienne United States
Adrienne
Absolutely beautiful! I have lived with God in control of my life for a few years now, and am patiently waiting for my husband to do the same.  It's amazing how easy it is to let go of this world when you let God handle things for you.  Your baby girl is truly adorable. I pray she grows surrounded by your family's love always!
11/16/2010 8:58:50 AM
Stephanie Ferguson
Stephanie Ferguson
Thank all of you so much for your comments! It was a very hard story for me to share, but I knew that if my story could help even just one person, then God's will be done! The biggest message I can share for everyone who might even be close to my situation is to learn about forgiveness and put it to practice immediately. I knew that was my biggest struggle when this happened,so I read alot about it in the bible. Remembering that to forgive is not to forget, but it is the beginning of the healing process. And to let God go to work on the situation, you have to let go of the offense and start to rebuild. To be able to continue to love someone whole-heartedly after being betrayed is a huge thing, and trust me, it is so much easier said than done, but if you can really LET GO AND LET GOD, that's when the magic happens! And even if it doesn't go the way you want or planned, you have to Trust that God has even bigger, better plans for your life that you may not see at that moment!

God Bless you all! HE IS SO GOOD!
11/16/2010 11:00:05 AM
Caleb Ogilvie United States
Caleb Ogilvie
This is just a great example of how God has everything under control if we just get our earthly knowledge out of the way. As far as the odds, I believe that when we let God have control of every aspect of our lives the odds are very good that things will always work out for the best. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
11/16/2010 2:03:20 PM
Brenda Lenz United States
Brenda Lenz
What an awesome story!  Thank you so much for sharing.  Your baby is absolutely beautiful!  What a blessing!
11/16/2010 3:54:02 PM
Anissa Salsbury United States
Anissa Salsbury
I heard part of this story on my way into work this morning, With tears streaming down my face I went into work.  I came home and went straight to the computer to read Stephaine's story.  It is wonderful that she would share this with us and it is a total incredible story to tell.  My husband and I split up 3 years ago on this day.  He came back home in August and it has not been an easy walk.  This story this morning reminded me to just let go and let God.  The scripture for me confirmed alot of things as God gave me this scripture when my husband first left.  This is the scripture I live by.  Jerm. 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, Saith the Lord, plans for Good and not evil to give you a future and a hope. God Bless you and your family Stephanie.
11/16/2010 4:30:56 PM
kris United States
kris
I was totally amazaed by the story this morning. I just shared it with my husband and it really encouraged him. Just the chances of two pieces of the same puzzle fitting together is almost nil. I am having a rough day as I struggle with Anxiety and Bipolar disorder and it really encouraged me. Thanks and God Bless! Jer: 29:11 is my life verse.
11/16/2010 4:39:48 PM
Maria Jordan United States
Maria Jordan
Have you noticed that there are 3 crosses in the picture of these 2 puzzle pieces?
11/16/2010 4:59:54 PM
phaithful in Phoenix United States
phaithful in Phoenix
Thank you for sharing; I'm standing, waiting for a miracle too  Smile  confident in my God.
11/16/2010 7:16:56 PM
Stacey United States
Stacey
this is such an amazing story and very emotional and inspiring no doubt. My husband and I have struggled on and off over the years and there is no question that we both love each other. I think without a question that our faith in God has kept us together through the many storms. thank you so much for sharing.
11/16/2010 8:47:53 PM
Misael United States
Misael
Thanks for sharing your story! My wife and I are also going through a tough time in our marriage. After a rough 3 weeks, I've given my marriage and my wife to the Lord. I've come to realize as well that this is too big for me to handle. We had dinner tonight to talk and she mentioned this story to me. I had to come and read it and it's filled me with a hope that, in God, all things are possible!
11/17/2010 6:01:11 AM
Tami Stout United States
Tami Stout
I have now been married for almost 22 years.  It has been quite a roller coaster ride!  Love, Trust, Pain, Mistrust, Restoration, Forgiveness, Mess up, Mistrust, Restoration, Trust etc.  There is no perfect marriage.  We must be responsible for our own actions, lean on our awesome God and pray for our spouses.  We are still learning how to be each others best friends and when we struggle with life to go to God and to each other for support.  Those of us who have a relationship with Christ need to be sure to fight for our marriages each and every day.  The walk with my husband has been tough at times, but well worth every laugh, hug and tear.
11/17/2010 4:49:37 PM
Mike United States
Mike
It was a couple of weeks ago that I wrote about the problems that I have been having in my marriage.  I have the same type personallity that you have and keep trying to do things my way to get through this. I was driving to work when I heard you on the radio and your story gave me the boost that I needed that day.  Things were ok for a while but here lately I have been wandering if this is what I really want.  I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter what I want.  What matters is what God wants and if I do that then things will get better.  My trust has been damaged so bad this year it is just hard to trust in anything although I know that God can handle it.  I wish you and your family the best.
11/18/2010 8:15:09 AM
Debra Wilson United States
Debra Wilson
I'm at work at a school district in Texas where I listen to KLOVE on my computer.  I missed hearing Steph's story and happen to be looking on the website when I stumbled upon it.
Today is mine and my husband's 17th anniversary.  We have been through so much during our marriage; sometimes I think it just wasn't going to make it.
As I sat at my desk and read the story, huge tears just started falling from my eyes.  Lately the pieces to our puzzle haven't fit together.  I have really been struggling with my own faith.  I am a believer and a worship leader at my church.  But things just don't fit.  I know God is missing and I feel like it's just too far gone.
But this story let me know that God has never left me and He is standing and waiting with His arms wide open calling to me.  All I have to do is run to Him.  I pray that my marriage will find harmony again.  Thanks so much for sharing your story.  God bless!
12/15/2010 5:37:28 AM
suzanne United States
suzanne
Dear Stephanie,
I work for the 700 Club Interactive Show and heard and read your story that you did for K-Love and we would love to talk with you. If you that is something that you would consider would you contact my by the e-mail address?
Thank you Stephanie!