Dec 02 2010

Mary Had The Little Lamb

Mary Had The Little Lamb

Mary had the little Lamb, who lived before His birth;
Self-existent Son of God, from Heaven He came to Earth.
Micah 5:2

Mary had the little Lamb; see Him in yonder stall --
Virgin-born Son of God, to save man from the Fall.
Isaiah 7:14

Mary had the little Lamb, obedient Son of God;
Everywhere the Father led, His feet were sure to trod.
John 6:38

Mary had the little Lamb, crucified on the tree
The rejected Son of God, He died to set men free.
1 Peter 1:18

Mary had the little Lamb -- men placed Him in the grave,
Thinking they were done with Him; to death He was no slave!
Matthew 28:6

Mary had the little Lamb, ascended now is He;
All work on Earth is ended, our Advocate to be.
Hebrews 4:14-16

Mary had the little Lamb -- mystery to behold!
From the Lamb of Calvary, a Lion will unfold.
Revelation 5: 5,6

When the Day Star comes again, of this be very sure:
It won't be Lamb-like silence, but with the Lion's roar.
Psalm 2:12
Revelation 19:11-16

- Marv & Marbeth Rosenthal

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (23) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/2/2009 5:18:34 AM
Lisa Elliott
Lisa Elliott
Wow that was cool story thank you loved it my son is crying over this one he loves it as well what a cool thing to do open each door till christmas good job Eric and Lisa
12/2/2009 6:45:16 AM
Jean Bennett United States
Jean Bennett
I truly am enjoying the advent calendar.  What a blessing you all are.  Have a safe and blessed Christmas and God Bless Klove.  Oh and Lisa I enjoyed hearing about your 2 year old this morning and the Christmas lights.  I am with you and Eric every morning on my way to work and while I am at work Klove is on my computer.  Smile
12/2/2009 9:12:27 AM
Heather Lee United States
Heather Lee
Merry CHRISTmas to all!  I just wanted to say what a blesssing KLove is. I also listen to Lisa and Eric in the morning on my way to work and had to giggle when Lisa spoke about her son being bossy and sweet this morning. I don't know how much you all hear this, but I wanted to tell all of the deejays here Thank you all for your time and continuous joy for Jesus. It is such a blessing to a lot of people!!!
12/2/2009 9:31:27 AM
Sandra Strickler United States
Sandra Strickler
The advent calendar and Mary Had the Little Lamb are both so beautiful.  Thank you so much for blessing us with these.
12/2/2009 10:29:48 AM
Ana Siqueiros United States
Ana Siqueiros
That was a beutiful version of Mary Had a little Lamb. I sing that song every night to my kids ( I jazzed it up a bit) so now I can sing this one ( if its ok with you all)Until Christmas.
Thank You...and WE LOVE KLOVE.

Ana in El Paso, TX
12/2/2009 10:56:42 AM
Deborah Miller United States
Deborah Miller
Every year I get an advent calendar for my daughter, who is now a grown young woman. For some reason this year I forgot and then I heard you talking about your advent calendar on the radio and I just smiled. This is the best advent calendar ever! I'm glad I forgot to get the paper one because now my daughter and I can share this together!

God Bless you both!
12/2/2009 11:58:43 AM
Erin Honduras
Erin
My daughter said - wow mom - that was cool! Off to show it to her friends at her bilingual school!
12/2/2009 1:41:05 PM
Megan United States
Megan
Love the advent calender we did the 3 trees as an Easter play
12/2/2009 2:08:54 PM
Emmanuel Ellul United States
Emmanuel Ellul
Hi, lisa and Erick I love to hear u in the morning u are a blessing in the sky. Lisa i hear u moved. Well don,t feel bad I'am Moving to but God is in Control and he leads my path. Hope u and Erick have a Blessed Hollidays God Bles.
12/2/2009 4:19:09 PM
Heather United States
Heather
I love this Smile  Thank you!
But, you might want to fix the second to last stanza (Revelation 5) you misspelled "lamb" and I don't think you meant to!
12/2/2009 4:30:40 PM
Alyssa United States
Alyssa
What a cool story
12/2/2009 6:33:01 PM
chrissy United States
chrissy
That was beautiful! God Bless!
12/2/2009 8:32:05 PM
Tom United States
Tom
Hey I like the advent calendar, it's a cool idea.  But you should know advent starts 4 Sundays before Christmas (not necessarily Dec 1st) so this year your calendar should have begun Nov. 29th.  C'mon don't short us out of 2 days of adventy goodness!
12/2/2009 9:13:08 PM
Lisa Benton United States
Lisa Benton
I love this it just reminds us of all that God has done for us and how amazing he is. I do know that sometimes we do all lose our way but amazingly we always find our way back to Him. Iam so thankful that the Lord has brought me to y'all. Thank you for all that you do and may God bless you this Christmas season.
12/3/2009 7:54:38 AM
Kathy United States
Kathy
Awesome!!
12/4/2009 9:56:05 AM
Debbie Sanders United States
Debbie Sanders
Beautiful.  Thank you for posting.
12/8/2009 12:36:11 PM
Teresa Wells United States
Teresa Wells
What a neat way to change the nursery rhyme we all know. I plan to look up the verses cited. I just wish I had the knowledge of the Bible to be able to create such a tribute.
12/11/2009 7:57:27 AM
Pamela Zurawski United States
Pamela Zurawski
What an awesome story!  Thank you for the post!
12/2/2010 7:04:03 AM
LK Shinneman (Just LK) United States
LK Shinneman (Just LK)
I love this! I made a copy to take to my Christ Renews His Parish CHRP team 67 (The 12) at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish in Carmel IN. I listen while I work all day long. It keeps me Christ centered all day long. Also a temendous help driving away temptations from the Devil. The more you believe in Christ the more the Dvil wants you and will continue to be creative with the tempatations. I pray for all of you everday now and I can feel the grace from your prayers in return ( a hundred fold). Until the next time... May His peace be with you and yours, now and forever...LK
12/2/2010 7:36:39 AM
Cathy United States
Cathy
Awesome Post - Thank You
12/3/2010 7:30:02 AM
Teri Wood United States
Teri Wood
I think that your story is nice, but I have been taught to share without telling everyone what I have done.  I plan to get something for a child this year for Christmas, but I do not intend to tell everyone what I have done.  I do not want to embarass the child or her parents.  We are taught to go somewhere private to pray, not to tell everyone, "Hey I Prayed!", so, maybe you should apply the same to what you do.
12/3/2010 10:40:16 AM
LK United States
LK
Terri,

I wasn't trying to say hey look at me I'm praying. I am involved with a retreat group at my parish that brings scripture readings to each week's meetings and I just want to give them a plug in case there were any other parish folk reading at K-Love too. I do listen to K-Love everyday and I just wanted other folk to know that if they can it is a cool thing to do. The songs and their lyrics just keep me thinking of Christ all day long (and I get to do it while I'm working) which I think is really cool. As far as the devil and temptation goes I feel it is true that the more you are committed to God the more the devil wants to win you over to his side. So, the more you can be thinking of God the harder it is for him to get you. At least it works for me. Lastly, I like to share my experiences just in case it will help someone else who doesn't have anyone in their life to share things with. I know that when I see stuff others share it touches me and I say a prayer for them. I understand that there are lots of people that spend a great deal of time making sure that everyone sees them pray, go to church, put money in the basket etc. I spent 44 years of my life just going through the motions of faith and was no better than the scribes. I have changed and I'm a salesman by trade. I've made it my challenge to be a salesman for God. That means I have to step out there and if that means that I take some flack for it then so be it. God love you Teri. Please don't assume that you know someone or their purpose by what you read in a short passage. I assure you that you misunderstood mine...LK
12/19/2010 1:20:15 PM
Olivia United States
Olivia
This is one of the things I will remember forever. I never compared JESUS and Mary had a little lamb.This is some thing I will tell my family for years to come.---THANK YOU!