Dec 04 2010

One Solitary Life

He was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in still another village, where he worked in a  carpenter shop until he was thirty. Then for three years he was an itinerant preacher.

He never wrote a book.

He never held an office.

He never had a family or owned a house.

He didn't go to college.

He never traveled 200 miles from the place where he was born.

He did none of these things one usually associates with greatness.

He had no credentials but Himself.

He was only 33 when public opinion turned against him. His friends ran away. He was turned over to his enemies and went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed to a cross between two thieves.  When he was dying, his executioners gambled for his clothing, the only property he had on earth. When he was dead, he was laid in a borrowed grave through the pity of a friend.

Nineteen centuries have come and gone, and today he is the central figure of the human race, the leader of mankind's progress.

All the armies that ever marched, all the navies that ever sailed, all the parliaments that ever sat, all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man on earth as much as that One Solitary Life.

- adapted from a 1926 sermon by Dr James Allan Francis

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/4/2009 7:21:38 AM
Betty Flinchum United States
Betty Flinchum
My son and I just love K Love I listen every day all day at work. I recently gave birth to my second son. He was born very sick and spent a month in the hospital. The doctors were not very optimistic but my family and friends all prayed and when he turned from bad to worse the staff called it a miracle. One of the doctors even praised God after we told her about all of our prayers. I remember sitting at his bed and crying out to God to take me insead and that if he healed my son I and my family would go back to church. So we did after he came home with us. I was saved a couple months ago and will be babtised this Sunday. Both of my boys have been dedicated to the Lord. I just want everyone to know that God is real and if you call on Jesus he will hear you and miracles can happen. MY family and I are grateful this year to have Hunter home with us. He is 6 months old now and doing great. So Merry Christmas and remember it's CHRIST mas.
12/4/2009 7:23:26 AM
Betty Flinchum United States
Betty Flinchum
My family and I are thankful this Christmas for forgiveness and our new addition Hunter who was born sick. He is well and growing now thanks to God answering our prayers. Miracles can happen everyday. My son is living proof.
12/4/2009 7:23:34 AM
Betty Flinchum
Betty Flinchum
12/4/2009 9:59:53 AM
Debbie Sanders United States
Debbie Sanders
I am thankful he saved a wretch like me.  Thanks for posting this.
12/4/2009 12:02:33 PM
Douggy United States
Douggy
12/4/2009 12:15:20 PM
Steve United States
Steve
Thank you Jesus for the gift of eternal life to those who believe.  Give me the courage to share this promise with someone today.  Amen.

"Is it any wonder that I love Him....when you consider all He's done for me.....and is it any wonder that I've given Him my life....when Jesus freely gave his life for me."
12/4/2009 4:02:36 PM
Kyle Hallmark United States
Kyle Hallmark
Ahhh!I cant wait to open the next door i just love reading the poem and i love the christmas light!!!
12/4/2009 4:46:34 PM
jeana United States
jeana
Halleluiah To Almighty ABBA!:]
12/4/2009 5:06:26 PM
Kelly Steele United States
Kelly Steele
this is a really awesome way to share the stroy of our Lord and Savior. Thanks K Love for all you do.
12/5/2010 8:30:09 AM
LK United States
LK
What a beautiful story of the life of Jesus. It points out that all the thngs we are told are important really don't matter at all. His example of following His Father's will is all we need to know how we should live. Nothing in this world matters more than Him. Don't get caught up in the specifics of religion. Don't get caught up in human terms and evaluations of life. He said, "They will know that you are my deciples by the way you love one another." K-Love... I've been reading the stories of the lives of your listeners. God is working through you and you are His deciples. Thank you and may His peace be with you and yours, now and forever...LK