Dec 07 2010

Sara Groves

Sara Groves brought the Christmas spirit to a women's prison in Illinois last year.  It was unbelievable night of worship and hope for those women and Sara.  This special concert was recorded and now Sara is making available for FREE (click here).

12/7/2010 4:37:29 AM
Peter Holzhauer United States
Peter Holzhauer
I saw Sara last week in Hartland Wi. The night touched my soul and changed my view of many many "ghosts of christmas past" hoildays. I was inspired. Her music was great, her Faith and Spirituality was over powering! She is a true Artist not just another in a series of very talented musicians. Thank You Sara and Mr Sara too
12/7/2010 5:07:06 AM
Nita Conaway United States
Nita Conaway
I absolutely loved O Holy Night Sara, Melody and Ben sang and played this morning! Cannot wait to download the Christmas album and hear the rest. Thanks, Sara, and may the Lord bless you and your ministry!!
12/7/2010 7:42:36 AM
Susie United States
Susie
I have to tell you....when I heard the women in prison singing the Christmas carols....I sobbed.
You see, my daughter has been incarcerated for two years and was released about 5 weeks ago....and is finally going to be able to marry the man who has waited by her side.....this weekend! God's grace and mercy are extravagant!  As we listened to the women singing, we were both so overcome with emotion.... because of where she has been and where she is now....redeemed and released into the arms of the baby in the manger. Thank you for sharing with the women!
12/7/2010 8:00:50 AM
Angela United States
Angela
Just hearing the womens prison singing right now has moved me to tears! Praise God for wonder people like Sara for doing something so gracious for these women!!
12/7/2010 8:14:54 AM
Mary United States
Mary
Being a Kairos Prison Ministry volunteer, your carols with the residents at the Illinois women's prison really touched my heart.  We have seen so many lives touched through Kairos and know what a blessing your evening with the women in Illinois was to them.
12/7/2010 8:19:23 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
This just really touched me. And I'm not really sure why. My heart is just burning. Thank you so much.
   KLOVE's music, thoughts, and scriptures have really been a blessing in my life as a single mom and that of my kids.
  I have been out of work the last couple of months and have had KLOVE going nearly constantly. Thank you so much!!
12/7/2010 8:59:55 AM
Holly Vanessa United States
Holly Vanessa
Thank you, Sara. I downloaded the cd. Am listening @ work. Its so beautiful. Trying to choke back the tears in front of customers, but what a blessing to play Christian Christmas music in the work place. Thank you and your team and family for doing this concert for these women and for so graciously sharing it with us. It is truly a blessing and draws my heart and spirit close to Jesus Smile Its all about Him and this album is an amazing tool to remind us all of that. Praise God.
12/7/2010 10:48:50 AM
Vicki Cooper United States
Vicki Cooper
For some strange reason, I was unable to download the 'free' album...it said it 'timed out?'  I was wondering why it was taking so long to download.  Did I do something the wrong way?
12/7/2010 12:46:36 PM
Dawn Muir United States
Dawn Muir
I LOVE  Sara Groves!  I can't download the album either, never got an email about it.
12/7/2010 4:55:28 PM
Amanda K United States
Amanda K
Am listening to the free album right now.  I'm sure that God used Sara in a profound way to minister to the women in Illinois.  Praise God for all those He has called to minister to the incarcerated!  The church is alive behind prison walls!  Glory to God!  Thank you KLOVE for bringing this story to me on my way to work this morning.  My soul has been blessed and refreshed in my own ministry.
12/7/2010 8:03:30 PM
Dawn Oliver United States
Dawn Oliver
I really appreciated Sara's perspective and explanation of the line "Till He appeared and the soul felt it's worth" from O Holy Night. I would love to share this with my family for a special Christmas discussion as we enjoy the evening together, but I couldn't take notes at the time and I can't remember her words exactly. Can anyone help me put this together? And thank you to Sara and her crew...I look forward to sharing the message through your music!
12/8/2010 6:16:30 PM
Brodavid United States
Brodavid
If you download, the album and you can't find the email with the link in your inbox, check you spam box.