Dec 15 2010

Michael Jr.

Praying before one of his shows, comedian Michael Jr. said God revealed to him a new way to look at his comedy - don't look to get laughs, but rather look to give people an opportunity to laugh

It was a pivotal moment in his life, where it began a journey of Michael taking his comedy to an areas where there is often very little laughter - prisons, homeless shelters, homes for abused children ... all documented in a DVD called "Comedy: The Road Less Traveled"

Tags: ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/15/2010 5:27:50 AM
Emily United States
Emily
I usually do not listen to comedians but I truly love listening to Michael Jr. I saw his show briefly when he came to Shoreline Christian Center in Austin, Texas.. I don't live there anymore, but I hope to have another opportunity to hear him again.... I love the laughs!!!
12/15/2010 5:30:00 AM
Jeremiah Pierce United States
Jeremiah Pierce
hi this is jeremiah im only eleven i live in troy OHIO i just wanted to say hi and i like pie   GOD bless.
12/15/2010 5:40:22 AM
Kathy Castle United States
Kathy Castle
I just heard Michael Jr. say that he wishes people a "Merry Jesus' Birthday". Being Greek I thought to myself how we wish in Greece and translated it means the same thing! We say "Kala Xristougena"  "kala" means merry or good "Xristo" is Christ & "gena" means birth.

So... Merry Jesus' Birthday to Michael Jr. & everybody!
12/15/2010 6:07:46 AM
Heather United States
Heather
I just learned about Michael Jr on Friday when my high school daughter and friends came back to our house after the  school Christmas dance and watched a Michael Jr DVD. I was glad about their choice of post-dance entertainment. It speaks to the quality of Michael's humor. But this morning he was a huge blessing AGAIN to my kids on the way to school to take exams. (stress!) It was priceless to see my son doubled over laughing about Moses at the prison show.
12/15/2010 6:40:21 AM
Lee United States
Lee
That was genuinely funny interview with Michael Jr. this morning.  Do you have a link to that video he mentioned about the kid who was having a birthday and no one was telling him?
12/15/2010 7:15:39 AM
Brian United States
Brian
I would like to have a link to the kid having a birthday as well.
12/15/2010 9:24:09 AM
Margaret Koontz United States
Margaret Koontz
On the way in to school (I teach at Grand Canyon University) I heard the interview with Michael, Jr. where he talked about the Mark's Birthday video.  As soon as I got to class (I start every day at 7 am -- so you get me to work in the right frame of mind) I had one of my students send the link to my school email so I could open it on the classroom computer.  I'm showing it to every class today and tomorrow before we finish up our final projects.   When I flip the lights back on the room is quiter than it's been all semester.  Thanks for getting the link up so quickly.  What a blessing.  Happy Birthday Jesus!
12/15/2010 11:44:05 AM
John Volkman United States
John Volkman
Just ordered Michael Jr's DVD, CD, Book combo for my church library after hearing him this AM on your show. What a great ministry. Thanks for sharing him with us.
12/15/2010 12:08:16 PM
Lee United States
Lee
Ooops, you had a link to "Mark's Birthday."  Thanks -- that video "preaches."
12/15/2010 11:10:54 PM
cheap elton john tickets United States
cheap elton john tickets
I’d actually twitter this specific thing yesterday All though you wrote it.<a href="www.101tickets.com/.../Elton-John.php">cheap elton john tickets</a> I will link your blog.
12/16/2010 5:05:16 AM
LK Shinneman (Just LK) United States
LK Shinneman (Just LK)
I just watched the video. I caught a little bit of Michael Jr. on K-Love and he is very funny. I'm ordering the video for sure to show to my family gathering for our Christmas party. Growing up and I guess all my life (I'm 60 now) I considered myself a comedian. I was always tryin to come up with something to make you laugh. Usually it was making fun of myself which was pretty easy to do. I'm in advertising and my favorite type of commercial is one based on humor. My mom (God rest her soul) used to say to me "LK there are 250,000 comedians out of work and you're tryin gto be funny?" I am launching another website that is like my others as far as content is concerned. It is what I call DGA (Double Grandson Approved). If my two grandsons Luke who is 7 & Jack who is 3 can't see or hear your content then it won't be allowed to post. Micheal Jr. and his unique clean style of humor would fit right in. I believe we have tons of content that is DGA. Remeber Bill Cosby? We don't need all the junk that is out there to make us laugh. Thank you Michael Jr. for proving that in spades. As always, I end with... May His peace be with you and yours, now and forever...LK
12/16/2010 5:12:29 AM
LK Shinneman (Just LK) United States
LK Shinneman (Just LK)
Sorry I also wanted to say how the Birthday Video of Michael Jr. is so true and how many Christmas birthdays went by in my life (remember I'm 60) where Jesus had to feel like the boy in this video as far as how I treated Him for His birthday. I'm happy to say that it has changed and this year Jesus will get to blow out His candles and get the present He really wants which is our love at the celebration of His birth and all year long. As Always, may His peace be with you and yours, especially during this holiday season...LK
12/16/2010 5:12:35 AM
LK Shinneman (Just LK)
LK Shinneman (Just LK)
12/16/2010 5:12:49 AM
LK Shinneman (Just LK)
LK Shinneman (Just LK)
12/17/2010 2:02:45 AM
shelly vanderburg United States
shelly vanderburg
how do i post this to my facebook page for all of my friends to see, please?
shelly