Dec 17 2010

Give the Gift

• Give the Gift of Listening – Really listen.  No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response.  Just listening.
  • Give the Gift of Affection – Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds.  Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.
  • Give the Gift of Laughter – Clip cartoons, share articles, funny stories, and a good joke.  Your gift will say, “I love to laugh with you.”
  • Give the Gift of a Written Note – It can be a simple “Thanks for the help” note or an “I appreciate you” note.  A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.
  • Give the Gift of a Compliment – Everyone needs encouragement.  Mark Twain said, “One compliment can keep me going for a whole month.”
  • Give the Gift of a Favor – Go out of your way to do something kind for someone.
  • Give the Gift of Solitude – There are times when we want nothing more than to have some peace and quiet.  Be sensitive to those times, and give the gift of solitude to others.
  • Give the Gift of a Cheerful Disposition – The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone.  It’s not hard to be polite and courteous, to say “hello” or “thank you.”
  • Tags: ,
    Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (16) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/17/2009 3:14:02 AM
    Liz Forbes United States
    Liz Forbes
    how can i ever thank all of you enough? two months ago Christ came barreling back into my life and i found this station on the radio. i have severe depressive disorder and it's been because of listening to this radio station 24 hrs. a day literally and all the good this entails that i haven't fallen back into the pit. thank you Jesus and thank you K-Love for all you do.
    12/17/2009 4:50:14 AM
    KN United States
    KN
    You've been talking abt notes & giving that type of gift to others by sharing your feelings of love & appreciation. I recently came across "The Note" movie & really enjoyed it, and so I'm passing this to you Smile You can learn more abt it at www.hallmarkchannel.com/.../...ult_CustomPage.aspx
    There is also a 2nd movie, and you can hear the Christian author (Angie Hunt) whose books were the basis for the movies at hallmarkchannel.com/Microsites.aspx   I've done my "note" (aka email) to the author to tell her my appreciation for the movie, the positive message of God's love for us, her interview on the special features & now I'm reading her books. I've been in comm. w/her quite a bit talking abt the bk vs the movie & she's been gracious enough to respond. I've also written my "note" of thankfulness for Genie Francis (the actress who plays the main char) in order to tell her how I've appreciated her wonderful acting talent in these movies. You can watch some interviews w/her about the note films & learn abt how she is seeking to find more "spiritual" parts to do & how she thinks everyone likes to watch stories of hope & how God DOES have a plan.
    12/17/2009 6:26:09 AM
    Dorothy United States
    Dorothy
    I wish you my friends and family all a Blessed Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May Our Heavenly Father bless you and your family, as well as this nation and those who protect us!
    I pray that your heart be open, as well as your mind and eyes to receive the greatest gift that you could ever receive, the gift of salvation. Remembering that we are celebrating Christ Jesus’ birth, I’m reminded of the new birth of my soul. I want to give everything instead of going through the motions as “Matthew West” says in his song “The Motions”. I can’t help but want all my friends and family ready to receive the same gift of everlasting life. Be fearless this Christmas; encourage one another, love one another and help one another. I will strive to be a better person, sister, friend, daughter, mother, grandmother, and child of God. This has been a year of many challenges, hurts, losses and hopelessness, but there is hope in Christ “Cry Out for Jesus” (Third Day).
    Love,
    Dorothy
    12/17/2009 6:48:29 AM
    Tamara and Chris Golden United States
    Tamara and Chris Golden
    Hi thanks for the encouragement this morning! With faith nothing is impossible! I have a prayer request for our friends' child Evie who will have a major operation on Tuesday next week. It is one of the very last steps in helping her heal from a life-threatening disorder.
    Please pray for her healing and peace and comfort for her and her family. Thank you! Peace be with you!!
    12/17/2009 7:28:06 AM
    Ann LaGrange United States
    Ann LaGrange
    Give the Gift of Time.  Lots of people may not be able to financially afford presents for their families.  But the gift of spending time with grandparents or parents is awesome. My sister was saying that what she wanted from my daughter and her husband was the gift of yard work in the spring. Help clearing brush and over growth in the back yard.  Actions speak louder than money ever will.
    God Bless you all.
    12/17/2009 7:30:41 AM
    Ruth Pinchi Peru
    Ruth Pinchi
    awesome!!!! thank you all!!!
    12/17/2009 8:28:24 AM
    Pastor Karen T. Bryan United States
    Pastor Karen T. Bryan
    I listened this morning to the show as I typically do. (I listen to K-LOVE all day and night long, even have my friends listening to it also.) I was so excited to share this Christmas miracle that I have fervently prayed for. About a year and half ago, I began working at a university in Oklahoma. I met a professor who has become a very dear friend to me. He was very open and sound standing about his beliefs, which was atheism. My heart just broke every time he claimed it. I felt very sorry for him. I began praying, as did my local church for his salvation. I wanted him to know the awesome Father that I have. After many long discussions between he and I, and lots of praying, he approached me yesterday stating that he is ready to accept Christ into his heart as his personal Savior!!! We go tonight to the altar so that he can do this, and he will be baptized this Sunday!!! What a Christmas miracle!!!! Praise to God who sent His son to forgive and save each of us, no matter where we are!!!
    12/17/2009 9:07:16 AM
    Tammy United States
    Tammy
    I would like to make a comment about "priceless gifts" I have a number of friends who are incarcerated and God laid it on my heart to drop them and note or card to remind them to hope in Jesus and that He loves them. Often I have thought " Lord I want to do something BIG" and He let me know that this is BIG! So Yes encourage someone today and all year through with a note or card. It will make a difference! Gods blessings to all.
    12/19/2009 4:34:31 AM
    Ernest Froelich United States
    Ernest Froelich
    I believe that God will take care of my son and family members who need Jesus in their lives. It is well beyond my control! In fact I have done things to discourge them from Christ rather than for them to accept Him. I ask for help in praying for change this Christmas. God Bless Prayer Warriors!
    12/19/2009 4:05:40 PM
    Pat United States
    Pat
    Thank you for the reminder that the most important gifts are those intended for the best of the receiver.  It reminds me of Ephesians 5:29 where we are to "not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."  I'm slowly learning to really listen for those ways I can truly love those around me.
    12/17/2010 8:08:51 AM
    Caleb J. LeJune United States
    Caleb J. LeJune
      God has been  teaching me this scripture BE SLOW TO SPEACH, SLOW TO ANGER AND QUICK TO LISTEN.    I am going to do my best to obey God because he is  alwayss listens to me, speaks slowly so that I can understand  him and fell what he is saying and he is slow to get angry with me.  His grace is amazing thing!!!  So let us open our ears to others, let us  be slow to get angry, and let us be slow to speak.  God Bless and I pray that you all have a great year because every day with Jesus is a great day!!!
    12/17/2010 6:49:22 PM
    Caroline Waite United States
    Caroline Waite
    I appreciated what you wrote today. If everyone practice this everyday the world would be a better place... I enjoy your show in the morning..with eric and yourself.. God will give you the strength to have patience with your sons...they will grow up. thankyou for and inspiring day of music
    12/19/2010 1:43:17 PM
    Olivia United States
    Olivia
    These are things everyone needs to know,but also do.
    12/22/2010 6:23:06 AM
    LK Shinneman (Just LK) United States
    LK Shinneman (Just LK)
    I made a copy of these and added Give the Gift of your time (from Ann LaGrange) to the list. This is like the best list for everyone for Christmas. It is in giving that we receive. I'm putting all my friends on this Christmas wish list and sharing these with all of them. I have to admit though the one that said you have to be silent is one that is really hard for me to do. I'll have to work extra hard to give that one away. To all you K-Love listeners, may His peace be with you and yours, now and forever...LK
    12/22/2010 11:49:54 AM
    Marqu Lewis United States
    Marqu Lewis
    I try to give the gift of love year round. Undertanding is NOT always easy for me but it is geeing better by the grace of God. I listen to your radio show sometimes if I am in the car of a morning. Am in the car more of an afternoon MOST of the time.   Our radio in the house don't pick up any station very well, so we listen to Christian CD'S. Thank God for K-Love. God bless you for all you do. Have a Merry Chrismas and Blessed New Year. Jesus is the Reason for the Season.
    2/10/2011 9:49:53 AM