Dec 23 2010

Good news!!

Isaiah 9

To Us a Child Is Born

1 Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordan-

2 The people walking in darkness
       have seen a great light;
       on those living in the land of the shadow of death
       a light has dawned.

6 For to us a child is born,
       to us a son is given,
       and the government will be on his shoulders.
       And he will be called
       Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
       Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace
       there will be no end.
       He will reign on David's throne
       and over his kingdom,
       establishing and upholding it
       with justice and righteousness
       from that time on and forever.
       The zeal of the LORD Almighty
       will accomplish this.

Tags: ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/23/2009 6:56:54 AM
Patsy McIntyre United States
Patsy McIntyre
Where is your Indianapolis studio at?  I am so excited that you guys are here now!!! ; )
12/23/2009 7:33:56 AM
Rochelle United States
Rochelle
Lisa and Eric,

I just wanted to let you know how much joy KLove has given to me this Christmas. Not only is my attention focused *back to Jesus as I hear the beautiful Christmas music you have been playing, but the cookies, recipes and all the fun...have  made the Season so Special....I was saved through Christian radio when I was 16, and KLove is one of the best gifts I have been given.
Much Love in Christ,
Rochelle
12/23/2009 9:33:10 AM
Carol Lukas United States
Carol Lukas
Dear Lisa and Eric,
Thank you so much for posting this online Advent calendar.  When I was a kid, we always received a new paper advent calendar from Germany, usually from my paternal grandmother.  I still have many of them today and my own kids look forward every year to get them all out and hang them all around the house and take turns opening the little doors!  It was fun sharing this one with them and you guys too.  May your Christmas celebrations be blessed and I pray that the new year will hold much joy, hope and peace.  God bless your ministry on the radio...I'd be lost without it!
12/23/2009 4:31:14 PM
Christine United States
Christine
12/23/2010 5:19:48 AM
Tabitha McGuire United States
Tabitha McGuire
I live in close to Pittsburgh Pa and was always a fan of another station that plays sermons all day.I always looked forward to the weekend because they would play music. Imagine my delight when I found you guys! I am so thankful for you.  Now what brings me here I remember February of Last year when we got 47 and 1/2 feet of snow. That nightmare is still ever clear in my mind. When it started it dumped 3 feet over night.Naturally everyone was snowed in. I just wanted to share thanks for all you do peace ans joy to you and yours this Christmas.
12/23/2010 6:25:21 AM
Celia United States
Celia
One of my friends and her husband manage a local Chic fil a.  She told us in Bible Study that this month a person who was at the drive thru window paid for the person behind them.  She said that continued for 16 cars!!!

I also know someone who saw a grandmother and her two preteen grandchildren behind her at the checkout.  The grandkids were a bit antsy, and the grandmother looked tired and discouraged.  My friend got $50 back in cash, gave it back to the cashier and asked her to pay $50 worth of this family's grocery bill with it, anonymously. She never saw the transaction, but she was grateful for the nudge by our Lord and savior, Jesus the Christ.
12/23/2010 6:37:12 AM
Matt United States
Matt
Since I don't have a Facebook account (nor do I plan to) Ill put my fave Christmas song here...

Definitely Merry Christmas by Third Day. It reminds me that even if he's not here with me, my brother is still with God.
12/23/2010 7:51:07 AM
Susan United States
Susan
As far as tradition... it used to be a "regular".. though these days it is rather crowded to do the "official bus tour"...  is definitely is unique... and when the crowds are gone it is so peaceful.. the Luminaria Tour.... Christmas eve after church .... now it is nice to go late in the en.... New Mexico ... evening.. www.google.com/images    ;)
12/23/2010 8:18:05 AM
Tommy Watts United States
Tommy Watts
May we all see this great Light through the darkness that tries to keep us blind. In Christ, Tommy
12/23/2010 10:18:12 AM
Susan United States
Susan
Forgive me for adding more ... yet as I wrote a note to a litlle child after this post re: Luminarias I realized I failed to explain the significance... Here in New Mexico there is an old tradition on Christmas eve... people put Luminarias (Firelitos) outside their homes....  they are "little lanterns", usually a votive candle inside a paper bag, started by New World Hispanics. (The top of the bag is folded over on itself about 1-2 inches to keep the bag open /rigid if there is wind.) Then they are weighted down with a couple inches of sand (which also helps to keep them from burning up!). They are placed along the walkways to homes on Christmas eve... Just before dark the little candles are lit and put back in the bags; lighting the bag from within.  The tradition says the luminarias light the way for Spirit of the Christ child to come into one's home. It is very pretty and peaceful when you walk along seeing a whole neighborhood lit by these little lights.. it is like "Silent Night" awaiting the arrival of Jesus!

Even without little lanterns remembering the day Jesus came to be with us is very special time. I pray that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and know that Jesus loves you. He is "the Light of the World"! Like the little luminarias, when Jesus comes to live in our hearts He lights the light of His presence in us... He lights us up from within.... He lights our way by His Holy Spirit... His Love warms our hearts. Other people can see His Love in us - the "sparkle in our eyes"... when Jesus is in our hearts we know His joy! This is my prayer for you and your family this Christmas... to know the Joy of the Lord.... the warmth of His Presence. When I think of it, I want to sing!  May you sing this Christmas ~ yes, Joy to the World!!
12/23/2010 11:47:56 AM
Douglas Kincaid United States
Douglas Kincaid
I am so greatful for GOD and I found the KLOVE station about 6 months ago and it has changed the way I think. I only listen to christian music and mostly KLOVE unless I love the station while driving. I am having a terrible time right now because my marriage will be over in January but I still love my wife Dawn. I pray everyday that GOD save or fix my marriage because I truly love her and in love with her. She has a man in her life and he lives in my house and is around my children. I pray that he would leave and she would let me come home because I love her so much. God has changed me so much here lately and I cant get enough of church or even enough of reading the bible. I have been crying alot lately and I love KLOVE and what you stand for and you are a blessing to me. I just want to be married to Dawn and go to church with her and raise my children the way GOd wants me to raise them. I pray that GOD reconcile my marraige and makes our love for each other like it was once. I miss her so much and want her back to so bad. I would love it if you would have the listeners pray for me and my situation. I am still trying to do the right thing and listen to God. I really would appreciate it if you would tell the listeners to pray for me please.

Douglas Kincaid
listoftrustedcpc Chile
listoftrustedcpc
Rather amusing piece
3/8/2011 2:43:43 PM
Bill United States
Bill
I work at www.christiancreditcounselors.org and we listen to KLOVE all day during the work day and I have to thank you for your inspirational content and uplifting music. Really brings joy to my day that's for the most part very mundane and routine.