Jan 11 2011

Made to Crave - Day 7

Day 7: Finding My Beautiful

Based on Chapter 8 of Made to Crave by Lysa TerKheurst

Thought for the Day: “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”—Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don’t know a woman alive who is completely happy with her body. No woman I’ve met has ever said, “I eat healthy, I exercise, and I love the way I look 100 percent.” Not me, and I doubt you do either. Some perceived flaws are related to weight. But just as often, we find imperfections that exercise can’t cure, such as body shape, height, genetics, or signs of aging.

We tend to focus on what we see wrong with our bodies, including negative impressions and comments that stick with us from childhood. In middle school, weight wasn’t my biggest concern, but rather my ankles … yes, my ankles! A boy I liked once called them “tankles.” You bet that left a scar.

I will always have cellulite, stand 5′7″, and have a low waistline. In the grand scheme of life, I know these are shallow concerns. But if I allow my brain to park in a place of dissatisfaction about my body, it gives Satan room to strip me of motivation by whispering, “Your body is never going to look the way you want it to look, so why sacrifice so much? Everyone eventually falls apart. Your discipline is in vain.” That’s why I have to seek the Lord’s perspective, such as the reminder in Psalms:

Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name … and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. (Psalm 103:1–5)

I’ve learned through God’s Word that the body He gave me is good. It’s not perfect, nor will it ever be on this side of eternity. But my body is a gift, a good gift for which I can be thankful. Being faithful in taking care of this gift and walking according to God’s plan gives me renewed strength to keep a healthy view of my body.

God didn’t curse my body with tankles and cellulite, and He has not cursed you. When I chose to view my body is as a good gift from God, I thanked Him for making me just the way I am. He revealed some benefits of my larger ankles, such as: I can hike with my husband, stand cheering for my kids at multiple sporting events, chase my dog through the yard, and never have a sprained ankle. Oh, what freedom! What redemption! What a sweet gift! I am able to look at those airbrushed, skinny-ankled women on TV or on the magazine covers and be happy for them without loathing myself.

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” I’ve found my beautiful. And I like my beautiful. I don’t have to hold my beautiful up to other people’s bodies with a critical eye of judgment. I pray that you see your beautiful today and enjoy the blessings of the body that God gave you.

For more information about Lysa TerKeurst and her book Made to Crave, please visit: www.MadetoCrave.org

1/11/2011 4:18:41 AM
Mardi United States
Mardi
1 Cor 6:19-20 tells us our bodies are our temples.  We spend our lives 'offering' ourselves junk in the form of treats instead of gifts.  We need to focus our thoughts on the ever-lasting satisfaction of God rather then the temporary stimulation of a treat that will leave us still hungry and still craving something more.
1/11/2011 4:26:08 AM
Donna United States
Donna
Thank you for reminding me that God designed this temple and not man. While it's up to me to do the upkeep, He is the one who knew exactly what storms of life this temple would need to withstand and who would come in contact with it. Today I pray that this temple would shine with His glory and instead of my flaws, I choose to see His workmanship. I will remind myself, He knows what He's doing!
Donna
anotherbattlewon.blogspot.com
1/11/2011 4:36:14 AM
Eve United States
Eve
The first time someone had said I was ugly was in the 6th grade.I was very hurt and for years I believed that word untill I met my husband. He would say I was beautiful and my resond would always be "your just saying that." Then one day he said to be the very same words you guys just said, God made me beautiful and perfect, I should not call Gods creation ugly because he made everything good,perfect and beautiful. In that moment I asked God to forgive me for allowing myself and other put me down. Now my husband reminds me everydsay of how beautiful I am and I believe it everyday.
1/11/2011 4:37:09 AM
Nicole United States
Nicole
Hi, I was reading this book Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren. 2nd chapter it said You Are Not an Accident.

God prescribe every single detail of your body. He deliberately chose your race, the color of your skin, your hair, and every other feature. He custom-made your body just the way he wanted it. He also determined the natural talents you would possess and the uniqueness of your personality. God left no reason to chance. Nothing in your life is Arbitrary. So to say you don't like something about your self is like a slap in Gods face because he created every bone in your body, you were made for his purpose to god like.
1/11/2011 4:47:30 AM
Nicole United States
Nicole
This poem by Russell Kelfer sums it up:

You are who you are for a reason.
You're part of a intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.

You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you togather within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.

The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's Seal.
No, that TRAUMA you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness you'd GROW.

You are who you are for a REASON,
You've been formed by the Master's Rod.
You are who you are, BELOVED,
Because There Is A GOD!!
1/11/2011 4:51:55 AM
Laurie United States
Laurie
This topic is so close to my heart right now. I am seeing guy who struggles with accepting his physical appearance. He lets it hold him back and it is holding back our relationship. The difficult part for me is that the things he hates about himself physically are the things that have attracted me to him. May I remember that I am fearfully and wonderfully made through this season. Thank you for the encouragement this morning.
1/11/2011 4:53:45 AM
Michelle United States
Michelle
Growing up I was a tom-boy and proud to be so.  I never thought about being beautiful and actually just plain hated myself. Late into my 20's God began telling me on a daily basis "you are so beautiful" and eventually after a couple of weeks it sunk in.  For the first time in my life I felt beautiful and wanted to be beautiful.  Pink became my favorite color and now I drive my Mom nuts asking "does this look pretty?".  If God hadn't patiently spoken it over me I never would have been able to receive such a wonderful word.

Thank you Lisa and Eric for spreading the word that we are all beautiful. It is so trure!
1/11/2011 4:55:57 AM
Maryann United States
Maryann
I was picked on in junior high school for having a big nose.   I have always hated my nose and have always looked at it as a curse.  I'm 45 and that thought is still with me.  Yes I've always looked at my nose with hatred and wished for something different, the perfect nose.  I am going through an especially difficult time and it has come up again for me.  My boyfriend of 2 years is working overseas and has not communicated with me in over 3 weeks.  This has never happened before.  I started to think that if I were prettier maybe he would want to stay with me.  Thank you so much for your piece this morning.  It was helped me more than you can imagine!  I love K-Love and all your topics seem to come at the perfect time.  Thank You!!!!
1/11/2011 4:57:00 AM
Sue United States
Sue
I just chose my One Word yesterday and guess what - it's Beautiful.  What an amazing confirmation that was the right word for me when I woke up to you two talking about beauty and the struggle we all have with not being satisfied with our appearance - ever.  I chose Beautiful as my One Word because in the coming year I want to really see myself as God sees me.  The real me, the true me that He created, not just outer covering that only the world and I see and judge - I want to clothe myself in the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit (1 Peter 3:4).
1/11/2011 4:59:05 AM
Dana H. United States
Dana H.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for exposing the enemy's deception, perpetuated excessively through our mass media, about how humans "should" look.  As a teenager I fell into the cleverly laid trap of believing I was ugly, set by the Teen magazines I used to read and taunting classmates. This low self esteem haunted me for years. Twelve years ago, at the age of 24, I became a Christian, and through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit, I continue to heal and increase in self acceptance. To God be the glory! Praise God that each of us is fearfully and wonderfully made in His image!
1/11/2011 5:46:04 AM
Denise Romo United States
Denise Romo
Yes, thank you for the truth.  I always see the ugly and need to realize that is part of the the "stealing, killing and destroying" that John 10:10 talks about.  Once again, a layer is peeled off.
His truth is my light, my "abundant life".
1/11/2011 5:54:51 AM
d fowler haines United States
d fowler haines
Lysa, Just wanted to share an acronym with you on Beauty.  I called in to the station with it this morning, but wanted to send it on to you as well.  B.E.A.U.T.Y.
our Best
Expressions
of Adoration
given Unconditionally
To
Yaweh

Blessings on your efforts!
d fowler haines
1/11/2011 7:06:22 AM
Lisa Ramsey United States
Lisa Ramsey
BEAUTY a word most love but never think about themselves. Have you noticed how many songs are out right now talking about how beautiful we are? I love it. Think back to the song "Shackles" the way we think is a shackle that we have placed on ourselves. Let's celebrate the Beauty that God created with in us. It's not about what others think of us, it's about what God thinks of us. (yes, I am preaching to myself too). Just know God counts you worthy and He sees a princess, His child, BEAUTIFUL for who you are!!!!!
1/11/2011 7:32:55 AM
Jeanenne United States
Jeanenne
I always believed I was the ugly duckling because of what my mom told me, because my sister and her were so beautiful. My mom asked me one time, what happen to you. I was told I was selfish. I spent my life buying and giving to everyone to prove I wasn't, this truth came to me this past year after 37 years of lies.I was told in school I had buck teeth and I was ugly.
It has just been very recently, God telling me I am beautiful, I am giving and caring person.
Thank you K-love for helping this truth be affirmed for me.
May God Bless you
Jeanenne

You know jeanenne means God is Gracious and he has been in so many ways in my life.
1/11/2011 7:33:19 AM
Klea Gallegos United States
Klea Gallegos
I just had a "flashback" to 10th grade. The assignment was to describe your classmate as a type of car.  One classmate said that I reminded him of a Pacer, because they were wide.  I have never forgotten that.  Well today is that day. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I have 3 beautiful children and a husband who loves me "no matter what".  It's time to release myself from this ugly lie.  Thank you Jesus.
1/11/2011 7:34:35 AM
Jennifer McGregor United States
Jennifer McGregor
I suffered from annorexia and bulima from age 14 to 18.  I entered college a very thin but unhealthy woman.  I had a very unhealthy relationship with a man who encouraged the habbits said image is everything.  It made me realize after A LONG TIME that to this man I will never be good enough.  After dropping another pound here and there, he wanted more.  Finally moving past the relationship I met a man in my second year of college who thought I was beautiful just the way I was, and this was after I put on 20lbs.  Four years later we're married, have two wonderful boys, and I started exercising and dieting again at Gold's Gym, and dropping the baby weight.  This time I really do feel beautiful inside and out because I have the support of my wonderful husband and most of all my God who created me which was not a mistake and as his creation I have no flaws only beauty.  Thank you KLOVE.
Jennifer McGregor
Fort Hood TX
1/11/2011 7:34:41 AM
Jazmine United States
Jazmine
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

This quote saids it all. God created you in his image let no one tell you anything other.
1/11/2011 7:38:50 AM
Joleen United States
Joleen
As I sit here there are tears running down my face, you don't know how I needed to hear that I am beautiful to God today. Its something that I know in my mind but sometimes believing it in my heart it not always easy. About a month ago I was rejected by someone I cared deeply about and his main reason was the color of my skin. He had been the first man to tell me I was beautiful just the way I am so when he told me that my race was an issue it cut like a knife. So thank you for reminding me that God finds me beautiful!
1/11/2011 7:39:52 AM
Lori Howe United States
Lori Howe
Wow, as a child I was told by my mother -"you're the smart one, your sister is pretty, we all have to have something"  So what did that tell me?  I'm almost 49 and I can hear that message so clearly.  My husband tells me all the time I'm his gorgeous wife and I finally believe him.
  Lori,
Los Lunas, NM
1/11/2011 7:41:24 AM
lucy Australia
lucy
I gasped when I heard Lisa talking about embracing beauty, because beauty was one of the sour subject for me. Since I was a child I was ashamed about my fingers and toes because my fingers are shorter and chubbier not like my mum and sister. They often told me how fat my fingers are, "They looked like bananas" they said. My sister even said that when I get married my ring is going to be bigger than my husband ring's. I was very ashamed, I never wore nail polish or ring because I thought my fingers are massive, but 3 years ago God change me. He made me realise that I am beautiful and there's nothing wrong with my fingers and toes. I have started wearing nail polished and rings since 2 years ago.
I really thank God for showing me that what matter the most are God view towards me
1/11/2011 7:41:57 AM
Karen United States
Karen
My ex-husband would tell me, I was not good enough all the time.  When I weighed 116, I still had a stomache, I have two children.  When I was in a size 14, he told me I had 12 strikes against me because I was so fat.  He had an affair and left the family, blamed me for being a size 14.  I am crying at work right now as I type this.  I gained 100 lbs after the divorce and I have been divorced for 16 years.  I am tired of hating my body and myself, I want to be free, so I am laying all this down at the altar of God.  Jesus, thank you for loving me and help me to love me too.
1/11/2011 7:46:50 AM
Ann United States
Ann
This finding my beautiful is difficult for me. It isn't my outward beautiful I struggle with...its my inward beautiful. My mind knows perfection is impossible but my self talk kinda beats me up for not being a good enough neighbor, daughter, mom, sister, teacher, Christian....Its my inside beautiful I can't seem to find.
1/11/2011 7:46:56 AM
Misti United States
Misti
I have always battled with my weight, trying to rid my body of my hips and thighs. They have caused so much pain and even caused trouble in my first marriage! To call me "pear shaped" would be a gigantic understatement! Needless to say, I have never been able to accept the shape of my body. And NO matter what crazy diet I was on or HOW much excercise I did, that area of my body is unchangeable. I have finally came to accept that fact! It will never be easy to find clothing that actually fits, in a flattering way....but I KNOW how special I am. No matter how wide I am! I know God loves me and so does my husband! The music K Love playsis SO inspiring!! And Lisa, you are absolutely correct, it's about being HEALTHY!!
1/11/2011 7:49:42 AM
Lutisha United States
Lutisha
I cannot help but Praise God for all of the names people called me and for the torment. Name calling for my skin, teeth, clothes, hair,and anything they could tease me.  I was thinking about all of the times feeling so alone with no where to turn and no one who could understand.  For many many years I have kept this with me, kept it hidden in my heart with only a smile covering my hurt.  All of the glory goes to God, it wasn't until just this year I actually feel Him telling me how beautiful I am.  I look in the mirror and feel worthy, I look in the mirror and feel like He acutally cares for me.  I look into the mirror and a sense of Love begins bursting from my heart.  My mission is to share with everyone just how much Jesus loves us.  This is the first year I realized Jesus died for me and for every person individually.  What a beautiful blessing!  Thank you, Lord for your Love and Compassion on us! Thank you for telling us just how beautiful we are!
1/11/2011 7:52:08 AM
Jennifer O'Keefe United States
Jennifer O'Keefe
Hi Lisa and Eric!
I was born with CHD (congenital heart disease) and as a kid was sick and weak.  I was teased relentlessly especially from 5th to about 9th grade. Kids would call me "Heart Failure"  I was always ashamed and embarrassed of my inadequacies as I couldn’t keep up physically and sometimes even academically (I missed a lot of school)with the other kids.  I carried this embarrassment and shame into my adulthood.  When I found Christ and began my spiritual journey I started to recognize that this CHD was actually the conduit to showing me how He was always with me…carrying me, loving me, faithful with his grace and mercy…and His miracles.  He used my weakness to show me His strength.  I was not expected to live past childhood and here I am a 44 yr old wife of 20 years and mother of three amazing boys.  How great is our God!!
1/11/2011 7:52:44 AM
Dawn Marie United States
Dawn Marie
I hated being a woman, period. I was raised to believe that women were too emotional, only cared about surface issues, and would stab you in the back if you didn't watch yourself. These were things that I was told by my mother as I was just coming into womanhood (puberty) and into my 20s. How can a girl possibly like herself as a female if her own mother hated the fact that she was a girl? But God being who He is, is delivering me from the curse of hating being who I am and teaching me to fully enjoy it. He had a purpose in creating me the way He did and what Satan meant for evil God will use for good. Oh what a wonderful God we serve!!!!
1/11/2011 7:58:35 AM
Danell Case United States
Danell Case
I always have people say to me"your pretty or your beautiful"! somehow I can NEVER see it! I don't know why! I think its because I'm afraid that if I think of myself that way, that I will start getting ALL high &mighty! you know! the old bible saying" pride goes before the fall", I'm a somewhat timid, clumsy &shy person! I DON'T want to "fall!" plus I always have &always will NEVER think of myself as beautiful! if other people want to believe or think that of me? so be it! thats there choice like "the eyes of the beholder"! I DON'T think anything will change me thinking this way! and I'm 24 in thinking this! I'm sure GOD'll use something to change it! yes I'm a little over weight! but thats not why I think this way! part of my weight is I've severe scoliosis! so because of my back I look like I'm somewhat pregnant! which I'm NOT! SO... TRY THAT OUT FOR SIZE GUYS! LOL!
1/11/2011 8:08:32 AM
Keri United States
Keri
My thoughts right now are not about my own body, but the body of one of my unborn twins. A few days before Christmas, one of my twins (due in May) was diagnosed with Anencephaly, a condition that is "incompatible with life." I understand how people could become bitter toward God during a time like this, but only if we buy into the lies satan tries to feed us. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that cruelty and selfishness are the exact opposite of God's very character. I don't have the words to describe how much we're hurting, or how much we love our babies. However, I KNOW that because GOD IS LOVE, we can trust in His plans for us. We know that in ALL things, God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). Through our pain, we also see beauty in the way God is working in and around us. It amazes me how it is possible to have peace and joy even during times of such intense suffering.
1/11/2011 8:16:18 AM
Mary United States
Mary
I was so touched by the woman who said God had shown her that she was beautiful - as beautiful to Him as a sunset on a beach, where the water reflected the beauty of the sky.  Two things came to me - first that on an actual beach there is no perfection.  A stone out of place, a piece of seaweed - and that I've been spending my life looking at those imperfections which don't even begin to count in the big picture.  Second, that the real beauty of a beach sunset is the reflection of greater beauty from above.  I pray that I may find my real beauty in a true reflection of Him, the source of all real loveliness, and stop spending my heart looking at imperfections that just keep me from seeing the truth about me as He does.
1/11/2011 8:32:13 AM
Lynndie United States
Lynndie
I remember in grade school a boy told me I had a mustache and that I was to hairy for a girl. He insisted in front of everyone that I should have been a boy. That "nickname mustache" stuck with me all thru school. It was damaging and I have carried that with me. There have been times when someone I dated would make a comment that I have a mustache and all I could hear were all those kids making fun of me. I took the comment as them making fun of me and would shy away and eventually not talk to them anymore. Thank you for reminding me that it is not the eyes of men or boys that I want to be pleasing in but in God's. My heart is what God sees and what gives the truth to who I am not the hair on my body. So I give this to God and ask him to let me always see what is in my heart more than what I see in the mirror. I know that because of God I am beautiful in every way inside and out no matter what flaw is pointed out to me.
1/11/2011 8:52:28 AM
Katie United States
Katie
Last night I was reading Psalm 139 "You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb. I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works!" The Lord made us with infinite care, designing every detail. Genesis 1:31 "God looked at everything he had made, and he found it very good."
But it's always a struggle to believe that and know that fully. When I was in junior high and high school, all of the other girls had straight, blonde hair. Mine was brown and curly. Everyone had braces and perfectly straight teeth. Mine are crooked. In college, friends would constantly tell me how beautiful my hair was and how beautiful my smile was. It's amazing how even when no one makes fun of you, you still don't believe that you are beautiful. I felt like I was never enough. And yet I knew that I was supposed to be different, so I never straightened or dyed my hair, and I never got braces. I knew that God made me this way for a reason, even if I fought that in my heart sometimes.
These things might seem shallow, but they can still build up inside you and make you feel like you are not worthy of love. It's so easy to listen to the lies that the world tells us. But with God's grace, we know that we are enough for Him, and He loves us with infinite love and mercy. Praise Him!
1/11/2011 9:13:09 AM
shelley United States
shelley
Thanks so much for the "Finding your beautiful" segment this morning.  I was driving my 7th grade daughter to school when it came on.  It touched on some things that she has faced at school over the last few years that has led to insecurities about her apperance and worth. She felt like you were talking to her and to her life.  She loves the Lisa & Eric show and K-LOVE.  Thanks Again!
1/11/2011 9:18:50 AM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I cannot honestly remember a time when I was not told I was ugly. In school if we did a play i would be cast as the ugly witch. Kids called me Madusa and would comment their inability to see upfront because of my bushy hair. In college a guy told me I looked like the bride of chucky while another said my breath stank. I have been told by men that I am ugly to ugly to sleep with unless I have a bag over my head. Men look at me as if I am the most hideous thing they have ever seen. I just about hate every aspect of my physical appearance. I often tell God that I suffer enough because I am so ugly. While he may think I am beautiful all of his creation finds me ugly. I wish most of all that he would give others his eyes to see what beauty I and other have. I am not in any way over weight, bathe regularly and brush my teeth yet I still feel as if nothing I do will ever satisfy anyone. I just don't know what to do. I wish I could see the beauty that God sees in me but it is so hard. I really don't think I am that ugly probably closer to cute or plain but it seems others only see ugly. When I feel anger toward God not just about my looks but my troubles I try my best to ask him to let me see what is purpose is for all this pain I feel. I wish he would give me his eyes to see what he sees so I can see what good I am to him or anyone else. My insecurities stem to every aspect of myself. I don't think I am pretty enough, strong enough, smart enough, or good enough to do him any good.
1/11/2011 9:42:22 AM
Paula J. United States
Paula J.
My Husband used to sing to me---The song she don't know she's beautiful ---- He said I was so busy trying to help children to understand that they are beautiful and special that I didn't notice my own beauty-- Thank You for confirmation we are all beautifully designed by God---Keep up the Good work by God
1/11/2011 9:57:31 AM
Diane United States
Diane
I have been told all my growing up life that I was ugly, too fat, and stupid.  I have to remember to put on my armor not forgetting my belt of truth:  1 Cor. 1:26-31 I am in Christ, Ps. 139 I am fearfully and wonderfully made,and  Jer. 29:11 God has good plans for me and plans to succeed to name just a few.  I am reading this book.  I don't have a problem with food, but it is going to help me with the area that I do have problems.  Thank you so much for letting Lysa share her book.
1/11/2011 10:00:30 AM
Mary Miller United States
Mary Miller
My one word for this year is healthy! God has worked with me for several years to understand that I am beautiful. A few years ago, my teenage daughter put a post-it-note on my bathroom mirror that says "You are beautiful. Don't forget that." The note is still there today. Today He is reminding me that understanding that I am beautiful is one step in being healthy.
1/11/2011 12:25:19 PM
Rebekah Madonia United States
Rebekah Madonia
I have always struggled with the way I look. Unfortunately its not as easy as "an" issue. If only I were thinner, if only I were a couple inches taller, if only I were smarter, funnier, better. This mole, that hair, those stretch marks, these veins... and im only 25.
Its a daily and constant battle. Sometimes I work really hard to think positive, tell myself im beautiful, tell myself im perfect the way i am, and the sad thing is in my mind when I really start to believe it, ill catch a reflection of myself and ill hear that voice in my head that laughs at my reflection and tells me to stop lying to myself. Its encouraging to hear everyone else's stories. It makes me feel like there is hope. Thank you for your encouraging stories!
1/11/2011 2:35:39 PM
sikiş Turkey
sikiş
<a href="http://www.videosikisizle.net"; title="sikiş" rel="nofollow">sikiş</a>
1/11/2011 6:18:07 PM
Barbara Thompson United States
Barbara Thompson
Love that we are beautiful and made in God's image.     The problem that I have with this is that when does pride enter into this picture.

Ps139 is so special to me.   Then I read in Proverbs that pride leads to a fall.

I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength!!    He is so special but I don't want to not receive His strength because of pride!!

You guys are so very special to me!!    Thanks for being my partners in life;   I'm a widow and I love Indy.   We lived there in 1960-1962.
1/11/2011 6:28:05 PM
Donna Swisher United States
Donna Swisher
My beautiful is that today 37 years ago at 10:24 am the Lord breathed life into me. I listened to you guys this morning while traveling in my car and wanted to share but was driving and can't  text while driving. On my way home this afternoon a beautiful orange sunset was gleaming in my mirros and I just thought God was saying to me how beautiful I have made you.
I have listened to you guys daily for the past 3 years while going through an unwanted unexpected divorce. SO many days this station has also been my Beautiful. Thanks for giving Gods love, forgiveness, joy, and grace through the airwaves.
1/12/2011 12:45:45 AM
Becky Kliewer United States
Becky Kliewer
Hi Lisa - You were asking Tues. morning if there was a part of our body that we've struggled with -there was a comment made about noses.  I instantly recalled one of my all-time favorite Rich Mullen's songs, "The Maker of Noses".  The lyrics read, "Boy you just follow your heart, but my heart just lead me into my chest. They said follow your nose, but the direction changed everytime I turned my head. They said boy you just follow your dreams, but my dreams were only misty notions. BUT THE FATHER OF HEARTS AND THE MAKER OF NOSES AND THE GIVER OF DREAMS, HE'S THE ONE I HAVE CHOSEN AND I WILL FOLLOW HIM".
God made your nose, He knows your heart and He is your dream giver!  Don't listen to the world!
"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think. Then you will learn peronally how His way will really safisfy you." Romans 12:2
Funny - this was the verse that was on my daily callender yesterday! (Daily Meditations for Women at Work).
Thanks for letting me share today. Love you guys!
1/12/2011 9:02:05 AM
Angelina United States
Angelina
Thank you for introducing me to this book.  It is transforming my thought process about food as well as other false idols.  Thanks!
3/17/2011 3:13:30 PM
Turizam Korea
Turizam
Interesantan Blog ne kao i drugi!