Feb 03 2011

Surprise!

Who doesn't like a great surprise!?  Especially when you get to surprise someone who is doing great things for others!  The K-LOVE team in Oklahoma City became aware of children's pastor who selfessly serves and helps others - and was able to surprise Bev Robertson, children's pastor at Bridge Assembly of God in Mustang, OK, with a bunch of gifts for her and her church (she won a Veggie Tales DVD Library and a $50 giftcard from Mardel Christian Bookstore!)!

Hear how the surprise went down - click here

Sherree Murray (K-LOVE in OKC), Bev Robertson, Lisa Leininger (K-LOVE in OKC)

The K-LOVE Crew outside of Bev's door waiting to surprise her ...

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/3/2011 7:15:13 AM
Crystal United States
Crystal
Hello Lisa, I just wanted to let you know the poem in that childrens book: Ill love you forever, Ill like you for always, as long as Im living my baby you'll be...... and at the end the son says "Ill love you forever, Ill like you for always, as long as Im living my mommy you'll me. God bless you (:
2/3/2011 7:37:09 AM
Pam United States
Pam
Hello Lisa, that was my favorite book for my kids who are now 18 & 20.  I try to give that book to any first time moms at the baby shower.  Love it!!
2/3/2011 8:22:31 AM
Billie Ann United States
Billie Ann
That book brings back so many memories - my daughter's high school indoor guard group did a weekly performance to that book - there was background music and one of the mothers narrated it beautifully...it never failed to bring us to tears because we would think of how our children were growing up and would someday be our caretakers...awesome!!
2/3/2011 10:48:03 AM
Kimberly United States
Kimberly
Lisa & Eric, one morning here recently, you talked about how what you eat can tell alot about who you are. It seemed to hit Eric head on.  Do you have that info still? I can't find it on your webpage.  Thanks for your help.  My girls (8 & 11) and I listen to you two every morning. The minute they get in the car and before the door is shut they say, "Can we listen to K-Love." Nearly every morning I say, "Not before I can start the car." LOL
2/6/2011 12:28:25 PM
Vernon United States
Vernon
I have been thinking a lot about what my one word would be for 2011, ane we even talked about it in our bible study this morning. My one word I believe God has given me this year is sacrifice. When I think about the sacrifice Jesus made for us there is no way I can come close to that, but I know I can sacrifice my time for the young people on my school bus, I can sacrifice my time for hurting people, couples having marriage problems, and people who are just having a hard time financially. Whatever God lays on my heart I will sacrfice in that area.
2/7/2011 7:05:36 AM
Carol Salers United States
Carol Salers
I saw a preview of the "Darth Vader" Volkswagon commercial on the Today show last week. I already loved it and was excited when it came on-making everyone in our group stop and listen to it! Then this morning on the Today show, they had the little boy who is Darth Vader in the spot. He is  very young and was born with a heart defect and has a pace maker. What a touching story it was. I heard the tail end of the KLove DJ's (7:30am CST) comments this morning when I got into my car to drive to work. They talked about how much they loved the commercial and I just had to send my FIRST EVER comment to you to tell you, if you haven't already heard, the wonderful story behind the story of this commercial.
2/7/2011 2:08:46 PM
Kim Horton United States
Kim Horton
Hi! I love listening to you guys, thanks so much for sharing everyday...and inspiring us. I wanted to say a big THANK YOU for choosing our REV BEV...she really is awesome...the kids have learned so much about being a christian and caring about others. Rev. Bev really has given so much to our kids and we are so blessed that God gave her to us. She has also trained so many of us to be in there working with her..she inspires everyone she comes in contact with. She also helps starting churches to grow. I missed seeing that you had this contest but I am so delighted that you picked the very best. Thank you so much for your ministry. I love starting my day with you guys! Kim
2/11/2011 4:40:32 AM
number 4 United States
number 4
3/14/2011 9:09:03 PM
Bleach costumes United States
Bleach costumes
I choose k-love, 88.9FM``

hope you have a nice day