Feb 10 2011

Help the Homeless

Help the homeless in your community!  To find a local rescue mission, check out the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/10/2011 12:57:14 PM
Jamie United States
Jamie
I have such a passion in my heart for the homeless. Praise the Lord for the blessings in my life such as a warm bed, roof over my head, food in my tummy. Especially during the recent snow storms. Can't even imagine what some of these people go thru!
Let's not forget the pets of the homeless people. They need help and prayers also!!
Jamie in Oklahoma!
2/10/2011 2:14:21 PM
John United States
John
I am wiping a lot of tears after seeing this. Such an amazing story of God!! I will continue to pray for you Russel.
2/10/2011 7:03:58 PM
Diane United States
Diane
This is such an important ministry!!! I can't say enough about getting involved with a shelter.  Our family has been involved with a shelter for 3 years now on a weekly basis and it has changed our lives.  We use to go thinking we were going to help other people out by being the "hands and feet of Jesus" and we were/are but what we found was we were walking away such much more blessed ~ richer ~ if you will, having spent time with these people, week after week letting them "know" the love the JESUS!  It does make a difference..not only to them but to us as well.  God uses us right where we are.  We just have to be willing.
2/11/2011 4:40:26 AM
number 4 United States
number 4
2/14/2011 4:44:58 AM
Sue United States
Sue
Thank you to everyone who helps the homeless.  I have a brother who is likely on the streets somewhere, we haven't heard from him in over two years now.  Please remember to pray for those that won't go to a shelter because of the rules that most shelters have that you must be clean and sober to stay there.  That's the biggest reason my brother gave me once for staying away from shelters.  Many people on the streets have drug and alchohol problems, like my brother.  It's hard to take, but he hasn't hit rock bottom yet.  He still wasn't ready to come home after another brother of mine offered him a bus ticket and a place to stay.  That was the last time we heard from him.  So, please remember that some people are on the streets by their own choice, poor choices definitely and they are in such need of help they can't even see it.
2/17/2011 5:03:46 AM
Sherri Owens United States
Sherri Owens
There is a place in Iredell County that is a food pantry an crisis center it is Iredell christian ministries they have been a blessing for my family they also bless alot of others check them out at diector@iredellcm.org they are looking for a bigger building hopefully we can get that word out an aplace can be found so they can contuine to touch Gods children If someone can call klove for a million dollars the right person can help a place of Blessings
2/17/2011 3:58:33 PM
Diaana United States
Diaana
My mom wrote earlier but from a kids point of view. The shelter we have been going to for the past 3 years is an awesome experience. The men there are sooo nice, kind, and thankful. I have had fun there ever since I was going. Since I was about 11 I belive. This place is amazing. I think we have changed some of their lives as well ass ours. I can't really describe how I feel about this place. We have very *special* friends there and it is so... special.
2/17/2011 3:59:15 PM
Dana United States
Dana
2/17/2011 5:01:34 PM
Dana United States
Dana
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to swear. It came out wrong. I type fast and didn't read it over and I need to work on that. SO SORRRRRYYYYYYY.Frown