Feb 16 2011

Teen Takes Stand for Purity

We were inspired this week by an Indianapolis high school senior who took a stand for purity.  This was Caleb Beaverson's response to his school's newspaper article on safe sex ...

Re: Approaches to Sex Fail                   Caleb Beaverson

After reading Hannah’s article in the January 21st N the Red, many of my fellow students and I would like to point out that her opinions on sexual education (and sex itself) are not equally shared across our student body. Therefore, I would like to provide some equilibrium to Hannah’s article, trusting you will be willing to print this point of view shared by many of my fellow students.

According to Hannah, we should “…get information to the masses so that our generation can improve and move past this time of excessive discretion.” What I understand her to be saying is that by more broadly and formally presenting the knowledge to teens of how to lose their virginity “safely” before they get married, we are somehow improving society. How is this an improvement to society? Since when is taking the path of least resistance in this aspect of our lives an improvement to society? Furthermore, it is irrational to state, as Hannah’s article does, that “more education” is the solution. What she’s saying is that there are teens in our midst, having pre-marital sex, who are unaware of the concept that condoms, diaphragms, and pills exist as a method of decreasing their odds of becoming pregnant. (Let’s not be so ignorant.) These methods can help reduce teen pregnancies; however it has, in fact, been proven that teens not having sex have a zero percent pregnancy rate, and no STDs. Imagine that!

According to the article, simply because we encourage young men and women to abstain from sex until they are married, we are now, as a society, in a time of excessive discretion. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, discretion is “the quality of having or showing discernment or good judgment”. The question to be answered then is this: How is it possible to have too much good judgment?

Hannah says, “With 22 percent of births in our country occurring in teens between the ages of 13 and 18, there seems to be some sort of lack of education as to how these teens could have prevented unplanned pregnancies.” What should be stated here is that, “With 22 percent of births in our country occurring in teens between the ages of 13 and 18, there seems to be some sort of lack of self control.” As has been the case for many children in our generation, we have been denied very little of whatever it is we wanted since a young age. Even if the decision to have ill advised sexual relationships may hurt others, or even ourselves, our desire is to run straight ahead anyway; for that is what we most desire at the time. Even if our physical intimacy doesn’t result in an unplanned pregnancy or other health-related, physically detrimental repercussion, many of the psychological outcomes of these decisions do not manifest themselves until some number of years down the road by way of destructive thoughts and emotions with our future spouse as we attempt to assemble a successful marriage. By giving in to the cultural assumption that “headstrong teens” are given to have uncontrollable sex as the default assumption, we are literally embracing the statistically proven fact that by doing so, we are putting a damper on the odds of having a successful, long lasting marriage – because of our inability to possess appropriate discretion.

According to livestrong.com, teenage mothers are more likely to drop out of high school, be and remain single parents, and score lower in math and reading into adolescence. The most certain way of keeping this entire scenario from happening is to abide by the one surefire solution to this dilemma - stay away from sex until marriage. But the best part is that it’s doable! I’ll be a virgin when I’m married. It’s a gift I’ll give away to one very special woman – no regrets. My mom and dad managed to accomplish this “unavoidable”, natural act until they were married. My three uncles and their wives all made it to their marriage vows with their virginity intact. And, it’s not like they were social misfits without opportunity for their own lack of discretion. Rather, they were all teens who were active and popular students participating in and leading their way through high school and college as cheerleaders, drum majors for state championship marching bands, cross country & track team members, starting varsity baseball players, high school basketball players, collegiate baseball Team Captains, highly achieving academic students, and the list goes on. And from the evidence of what I’ve seen around me all my life, it is evident that abstinence also provides for more trusting relationships and provides for true intimacy between spouses.

Again, what we need is less societal endorsement on promiscuous, detrimental behavior and more self control. Let’s become the generation that bucks the trends, uses our minds before our hormones, and is known for honoring rather than using one another.

Ultimately, the decision on whether or not to have premarital sex is one that is up to each individual, regardless of what is taught in school. The root of the problem with teenage pregnancy stems not from a lack of education about alternative methods of preventing teen pregnancies given the “unavoidable” sexual escapades of teens, but rather from a lack of education in the time tested concept of thoughtful analysis of what is in our own best interest.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (57) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/16/2011 3:43:50 AM
Gina United States
Gina
One word, Caleb--BRAVO
2/16/2011 3:46:57 AM
Ben United States
Ben
WOW! What an awesome statement! You Rock.
2/16/2011 3:49:49 AM
Hillary nevins United States
Hillary nevins
I am from fishers, IN and am really excited to know there are still teens who know the truth. I can't wait to share this with students in the youth group at my church! My husband and I made the same commitment and I am so grateful!
2/16/2011 3:49:56 AM
Esther United States
Esther
Hi Caleb. Thank you for your response to that article. It is great that you had the courage to respond as you did. I am 25 years old now and made a committement to purity when I was 13 in Junior High and have kept that committment and have many friends who also share those values - waiting until marriage, so it is definately doable. Thank you for speaking up!
Esther
2/16/2011 3:50:54 AM
Kenzie United States
Kenzie
This is amazing Caleb. It really encourages me because I as well stand up for this in my high school when peers talk about having sex. It's so nice to know there are other Christian teens out there who feel the same way. Thank you!!
2/16/2011 3:51:07 AM
Brian United States
Brian
Awesome story! Caleb, you are awesome! Know that you have people standing behind you and are praying for you!
2/16/2011 3:54:22 AM
Karin United States
Karin
Very good! Smile
2/16/2011 3:56:16 AM
Sheryl United States
Sheryl
Superb job at communicating information so many people do not know is true for a lot of people despite what mainstream media tries to present as the norm.  Caleb, you have so much to offer to other teens (and adults) in this regard...have you thought about a blog or writing helpful articles for teens?  You have a way with words and could even reach unsaved people with your sensible and readable approach.  May the Lord continue to richly bless your commitment to honor Him.
2/16/2011 4:02:26 AM
Kim United States
Kim
Awesome stand for abstinence! As a mother of a teen and pre-teen it’s encouraging to know all teens are not giving in to sex. Our prayers are with you. Stay strong in Christ.
2/16/2011 4:03:48 AM
Lori United States
Lori
Caleb -
Your parents must be so proud of you. I work in a
high school in Cincinnati and what I see and hear on a daily basis is so frightening. Thank you for stating what I hope and pray many other high school students really feel. Thank you for being brave enough to take this stand. I only wish we could somehow get to all the high school students. Thank you and may God be with you always.
2/16/2011 4:05:20 AM
katrina United States
katrina
Hey Caleb I'm a teenager myself and  my church and I are doing a purity pledge right now.. and after reading this it keeps me even more inspired!!!! And I hope it does the same for others because this is what needs to be brought up! .... your a blessing Smile
2/16/2011 4:06:49 AM
Eric Johnson United States
Eric Johnson
Caleb! I was so glad to hear this on the radio as I was driving to school this morning! I am a student teacher currently and I am going to share your story with my high school classes today.
2/16/2011 4:07:15 AM
Crystal United States
Crystal
I just took my 11 year old out of a growth and development class where they were talking about penis and vagina. A persons private area is called private for a reason. I think the schools are telling kids that sex parts and sex is ok to talk about with anyone, and it is not. I have talked to my childrern about sex, I do not need the school to do it for me. I am so encouraged that a young person is standing up for what is right and I do pray that young people every where will do the same. Way to let Christ use you Caleb. Keep up the good work.
2/16/2011 4:14:31 AM
Veronica Ramsey United States
Veronica Ramsey
So many times we hear how the young persons of today have no direction or guidance.  As a parent of 6 I have to disagree.  My children are taking a stand for Christ and their Christian values.  Thank you for being willing to do the same, thanks to your parents and family for teaching you and guiding you in Christ teachings and love.  Through you others will come to know the true meaning of the unconditional love that comes from Jesus Christ.
2/16/2011 4:35:27 AM
Kevin United States
Kevin
I could not agree more that the path of least resistance is being taken by teaching how to have safe sex.  If people are really concerned with education, then we should be educating people on how to deal with the temptations, how to deal with the curiosity, and how to deal with peer pressure.  Without the proper education on how to handle the pressures that go along with staying pure, it is very easy to fall into the path of least resistance.
2/16/2011 4:41:29 AM
shannon United States
shannon
Caleb, great job!!   I am involved in working with our children and pre teens at church.  We r taking them to a Love, Sex, and Dating conference this weekend. I can't wait to share this with them.  Is there a way u can post the other article that u responded to?
2/16/2011 5:54:14 AM
Lauren Young United States
Lauren Young
Fabulous! That takes guts in today's mainstream culture and to advocate "good judgment" in a world saturated with sexual sins and images. That was so refreshing! As a kid of the 80s and 90s, this should have been written long ago.
2/16/2011 6:01:24 AM
Mary United States
Mary
Awesome!  I'm reading this letter to my students today since we are talking about the sacredness of marriage.  They are more apt to listen to a young person.
2/16/2011 6:15:41 AM
Greg Beaverson United States
Greg Beaverson
No words can express the courage it takes to stand up in a school of 2,000 students with this message. The evidence of the Holy Spirit in your life is evident. I'm praying for your future and the plans God has for you. Be BOLD and courageous. Joshua 1:9! NEVER LOOK BACK.
2/16/2011 6:25:52 AM
Liza United States
Liza
Wow!  Way to go Caleb. I have a ton of family in Fishers, IN...what is going on there?  So many wonderful things coming out of Fishers, you all give us hope for the future!! We are all praying for you to continue to spread the word and be a voice for those who may not have the courage to speak out.  May God bless you and your family!
2/16/2011 6:55:21 AM
Rick Davis United States
Rick Davis
Caleb, it appears you are grounded in Christ and the Way he teaches us to live.  I have taught children for 30 years.  Twenty-five years in a 7-12 school, then four in a 6-8 middle school.  I am now an Assistant Principal at an elementary.  All these schools are in the county where I was raised.  I know many of these students as a result.  I feel a great tug at my heart for my middle and high schoolers.  These children are much like the ones at your school, in that self-control is not valued much.  I thank you for being a young man of God that stands for values and principles that will guide you a lifetime.  I pray we will have one to stand for that at our high school and become a positive example for the others.
2/16/2011 6:55:38 AM
Alfonso Nava United States
Alfonso Nava
here is more info about toronto Toronto, Illinois, located south of Springfield, Illinois and to the west of Lake Springfield
Toronto, Indiana
Toronto, Iowa
Toronto, Kansas
Toronto, Missouri
Toronto, Ohio
Toronto, South Dakota

by the way love you guys God bless
2/16/2011 7:29:18 AM
Susie Johnson United States
Susie Johnson
Caleb Im sure your parents are proud but even more God is proud of you! Bravo!
2/16/2011 7:53:18 AM
Erika Evans United States
Erika Evans
Caleb, you made a very insightful comment about children of your generation often being given everything they want.  They are lead to believe that life is about meeting every bodily and fleshly desire.  What a lie!  Self-control and respect for human dignity as God designed us is the true way to see this subject.  I will share your article with my 5 teenage girls.  You are the kind of young man of God I'm praying for my daughters to someday marry.
2/16/2011 7:56:52 AM
Isabel United States
Isabel
You are a great example of what AMERICAN KIDS are.  May God Bless you.  Continue to be an instrument of God to guide and life a with Jesus your guide.
2/16/2011 8:01:27 AM
Amy Huff United States
Amy Huff
Caleb, thank you for doing your part to share the truth with your peers and society in general.  Living according the Lord's will is always the most direct path to true happiness, and you seem to have that figured out.  God bless!

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
1 Timothy 4:12
2/16/2011 8:14:36 AM
Erin United States
Erin
Way to go man!  Very eloquently stated while getting the point across.  A lot of times teens feel very alone when they choose to abstain from sex especially with all of the media and peer pressure influencing otherwise.  I'm sure your article has helped kids all around the country to stay strong and true to their values.

Keep up the good work, you are AWESOME!!
2/16/2011 9:13:58 AM
Uncle Mitch United States
Uncle Mitch
Caleb, my Brother in Christ -

I am very proud of you and the strength you have shown as you take a stand for what is right and true. You know this isn't over. And, your greatest strength will be found in the Lord as you walk humbly with your God.

I am proud of what I see Jesus doing in your life as you choose to live "ALL IN" and "ALL OUT" for our King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

As you continue to grow in independence of your parents, may your life continue to rest on the rock-solid foundation found in Christ alone who is so worthy! As you establish your own home some day, may you be one to declare like Joshua and your dad, "as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD!!!" Joshua 24:15
2/16/2011 9:14:38 AM
Jo Hawkins South Africa
Jo Hawkins
Please may I get your permission to re-blog this post, it is so good the whole world needs to see it?
Thanks, & keep up the awesome work.
2/16/2011 10:27:55 AM
Austine Vernon United States
Austine Vernon
WAY TO GO Caleb!!  I pray that when my two daughters (who are 1 and 3)are grown, they meet and marry a man of such quality and high standards such as yourself!  What a blessing you are to anyone and everyone that reads your article!  I was a virgin until my husband.  There is something to be said about those that stand strong in their faith.

"Blessed are they who maintain justice, who constantly do what is right."  Psalms 106:3

May God bless you in all that you do!
2/16/2011 11:12:00 AM
Melanie United States
Melanie
That was an amazing stand you took Caleb.  I am the mother of a sixteen year old boy and 2 daughters quickly approaching the teen years, and it is so incredibly reassuring to know that there really are young men and women that care about their purity.  Not only care, but are passionate about saving that precious gift for your future spouse.  I will pray for you, that you will have continued strength and that the Lord will bless you for your courage.
2/16/2011 12:18:58 PM
Michele Bondi Bottesi United States
Michele Bondi Bottesi
God is at work in you, Caleb! The truth is always worth telling. :>)
2/16/2011 1:27:17 PM
Vicki United States
Vicki
This is an excellent rebuttal, and very well written!!  Praise the Lord that there are still young people out there who still believe in purity.  My husband and I were both virgins when we married and we were 34 years old.  My children have both taken a vow to purity and are living it out.  God's way is the BEST way!!!
2/16/2011 3:50:19 PM
Christina United States
Christina
Thank you so much, Caleb, for writing this phenomenal article! I commend you for being so brave as to take a stand for what you and several others believe about this subject. I hope that many people, especially teens, were positively impacted by your writing, and I pray that many have come to Christ and have decided to stay pure. God bless you!
2/16/2011 6:16:19 PM
Crystal K. United States
Crystal K.
Amy Huff beat me to it, this is the exact verse that came to mind after reading your letter & some of the comments.

1 Timothy 4:12

Lisa, Eric & Caleb,
Thank you for sharing your faith, your thoughts & your heart with others & taking a stand for the intelleigence, integrity, honor & good moral values that not just your generation but all generations can have & faithfully keep if they were committed to it. I personally wish someone had educated me as to why I should wait other than " because I said so" from parents who weren't practicing what they preached. I got pregnant the 1st time I had sex at 16. I lost that baby early in my pregnancy, but was again pregnant 1 yr later & got married to his father right after high school. Yes, I graduated, but I wouldn't have if it weren't for our school's Maternity Leave program that allowed for a tutor to bring us assignments & to catch up on a computer by testing. I spent most of the school year on bed rest or in the hospital. My future dream of attending the Art Institute went up in smoke. Now 20 yrs later, 4 kids (the oldest 2 were adopted by their foster parents) & 3 failed marriages, I am teaching my  youngest 2 kids abstinence, AS I PRACTICE IT, & they have a solid reason for it, because GOD SAID SO. I believe it makes the world of difference to them. My children have been raised in the church as I have grown up spiritually right along with them. They have been warned of all the physical, financial, spiritual & emotional ramifications should they choose not to remain celibate. I'm open & honest to them & they share everything with me because of it. They have every I tension of remaining pure & faithful to their future spouses.

My 2nd oldest has made me a grandma. He became a father -to-be at 16 with a 21 yr old who had already lost 3 kids to the state.  My grandaughter is now living with the adoptive mom of one of her brothers until & if my son can get custody of her; if not they will adopt her. He's single & in the Army, due to be shipped out soon.... The cycle continues....all I can do now that I have changed my life, is to continue to pray for them & set the best example I can, by following God's Word.

Again, thank you. Sorry that was so long....just seems I can't tell one part without explaining a bit of the other that came with it. And that was the abbreviated version!
2/16/2011 7:37:59 PM
Anna United States
Anna
Awesome Caleb! We will pray for you! Continue to be a light shining brightly for others to see!
2/17/2011 7:06:05 AM
oneofakindaction United States
oneofakindaction
Directly in яблочко
2/17/2011 7:53:08 AM
Tammy United States
Tammy
My prayer is that this thought process spreads across the WORLD like wild fire!!! Way to go Caleb! Please continue to let God use you to change peoples lives.
2/17/2011 9:00:42 AM
Rosie United States
Rosie
Well said. Abstaining is the best choice any single person can make. God gives us the grace to do so. God Bless you for your boldness
2/18/2011 5:44:10 AM
Lindsey United States
Lindsey
WOOOO HOOO! go caleb im 20 years old and also waiting for marriage. you dont have to worry about the statistics if you dont put your self in them. so glad to know others are standing with me in my vow to god
2/18/2011 7:25:58 AM
Megan United States
Megan
Thank you! I used to feel like there was almost no teenage guy out there that could control his sexual desires! I honestly get annoyed when people call me a slut or whore when I've never ever been with a guy like that. I have promised myself to the guy I marry, even if I have to wait years before that happens, at least I can still proudly say in a class full of students that "I am a virgin!" Proud to admit it and sadly know that others cannot. I'm a Junior girl, cheerleader, cross country runner and involved in International Club, if I can do it, SO CAN YOU!!
2/18/2011 7:55:39 AM
Carole United States
Carole
I am 23 years old and a newlywed. We waited until our wedding night. I currently only have 1 other friend who plan to obstain from sex until they're married. Even my Christian friends are openly "proud" about having sex with their significant others. It is sickening that people think this should be the standard. I do not regret my decision at all. Caleb, keep strong and be proud about your purity. People may tease you or think you're strange because of it but it is so worth it in the end.
2/18/2011 10:33:45 AM
Mickey United States
Mickey
I think the danger here is assuming that everyone has the same set of beliefs.  From a public health perspective teen pregnancy is a serious issue and increases womens risks for diseases in the future.

Let me say that while I wholeheartedly agree that abstinence is the RIGHT way to go, it is not going to be the path that is followed.

Without sincere moral beliefs and convictions that having sex before marriage is wrong, there simply is not a big enough incentive NOT to have sex.  Let's also take in consideration that teenage brains are less mature than the adult brain, specifically the frontal lobe.  This is why teens often act out in aggression and have thrill seeking behavior, not always, just often.

It has been shown that education matters, and that those with higher education and better marks tend to not behave in suck a reckless manner.

It is important to give teens a sense of danger, not some far off chance such as pregnancy or an STD that will LIKELY not happen to them or that they at least will not THINK of in the heat of the moment.

Education as to the safe use of condoms and birth control is paramount, it is better to encourage sex in a healthy long term relationship (like marriage.) but that IF the time comes, you will be prepared.

So all in all, why not teach abstinence? but why not teach safe sex in conjunction.
2/18/2011 4:09:23 PM
Emily United States
Emily
I am so glad I've come across this. This was so encouraging to read. Thank you for your eloquent thoughts and for not being a coward! Your commitment to yourself and to our God reassures me that we're not the only ones. Praise be to Him for an opportunity taken to speak out like this.

Also I'd like to mention that much like with most who drink, sex is also happening because the people around you are doing it. Since when were we ever taught to give in? I think this way because if there were no pressure to do it, it wouldn't be happening as often as it is. I hope no one takes this the wrong way.. but giving up when you're at your weakest only makes you weaker.
2/18/2011 4:35:15 PM
Marc United States
Marc
Wish I had advise like this before I decided the way to live it my way. God bless you
2/20/2011 10:52:06 AM
Diana Abel United States
Diana Abel
I must say after reading about Teen Purity I didn't see any mention of a Christian Group called 3Union....Brandon, Shaun and Ryan. These young men are so about being Pure. They love and sing about Jesus, they have concerts and worship the Lord. You should check out their website and take a listen www.threeunion.com....I've had the pleasure of seeing them in concert and also keep in touch with them thru e-mail and FB. I think that it is so wonderful that they are saving themselves for marriage. There are not to many kids out there these days that care enough about themselves let alone God to be Pure. I pray for these young men every day and look forward to their next concert that I can go to in town. I say "God Bless all who believe!"
2/21/2011 7:44:54 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
Caleb,

You are to be applauded for your article!  I loved the part where you said that teens should practice "honoring" each other instead of "using" each other.  Unfortunately, in today's society nothing is held sacred anymore and everyone wants everything right NOW! However, there is so much to be said for "waiting."  Once purity is gone, it is gone forever and our youth are being caught in a terrible snare of lies by thinking that pre-marital sex is okay.  They have no idea of the future reprecussions it will cause them.  That is the message that needs to be taught to them - not which method of birth control is best!  I salute you for having the courage to convey this message and I pray your letter will touch some of these young souls and help them realize just how precious they are to God and to each other and how honoring each other will bring them so much more joy and happiness than any type of quick self-gratification ever could!
2/21/2011 3:51:16 PM
Cherry United States
Cherry
Im a teen myself and love this story. I am totally not for this, and find other things to do. Im taking my time and really excited about a missions trip im going on this summer!
2/22/2011 8:23:13 PM
Heidi United States
Heidi
Thank you for posting this article. I am 21 currently engaged and we have decided to wait until our wedding night. I have always pledged to be pure when I got married, that is just a personal belief of mine. It is highly encouraging to read that there are still people out there who believe in waiting until they are married. These days it seems like teens are "succombing" to their desires and not really taking the time to think about how their actions will affect their lives.
Thank you again for posting this. I applaud you for your courage to stand up and take a stand on this issue.
2/23/2011 7:32:05 AM
Kimberly United States
Kimberly
Way to go, Caleb!  I only pray that I can raise my boys to think the same way you do.  My husband and I saved ourselves for each other until we were married also!  It's refreshing to hear of young ones (well any age, really)  taking a stand for Christ!
2/24/2011 7:21:11 AM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I have been married for 20 years, and am still happy that I waited for my husband!  It was the ultimate gift I could give him, and I would do it the same way again if given the chance.
Bravo to Caleb for having the courage to stand up and express what needs to be said!
2/27/2011 7:50:59 PM
Kristin United States
Kristin
Caleb,

I'm a 19 year old college student in Indianapolis, and I get so tired of the way so many of my peers talk about sex.  I have been promised to my future husband, wherever he may be, since I knew what sex was, and it brings me joy that there are more people out there who still honor sex with the sacredness that God intended it to have.  Bravo and congratulations for doing what you did and are doing!  I pray that God will continue to give you the strength to be a soldier in purity for Christ.
2/28/2011 10:18:37 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
Caleb,I'm a 45 year old female who was a virgin until I went to college. Do I regret that. Absolutely! I wish I had kept it longer. I'm grateful I did not end up with any diseases. As much as I feel sex education is important. Accurate education is vital. How you feel and what your parents have taught you about sex is also vital. Bravo Caleb for your beliefs!!!! Bravo!!!!!!! Who ever the young lady is that you marry will be one lucky lady. Don't let any one tell you different. Lisa
3/3/2011 8:02:33 AM
Helen, Pastor's wife United States
Helen, Pastor's wife
I agree with Caleb, and I agree with educated our teens.  Not in the way the young lady originally wrote her article, but in the way Caleb challenged her.  Let's get Caleb and his peers who share his beliefs out to the masses to share this "new trend of SELF-CONTROL"!

Do I hear an AMEN?!
3/3/2011 10:20:01 AM
Sandra United States
Sandra
Caleb,

That is so awesome that you took such a bold stand for your faith and convictions.  Thank you for being a light to your generation!  I am a youth pastor in New Mexico, and we are trying to get this point across to our students.  I'm going to use this article in our discussions.  Thank you again...God Bless!
3/9/2011 9:02:41 AM
Tammy United States
Tammy
As a 53 yr young virgin myself I know how hard it is to not be tempted when it comes to dating and wanting to be with that one person.But it can be done with the one word that I have chosen to remember "RESPECT". My dad told my brothers and I that if we can wake up the next morning after being on a date and look in the mirror and "RESPECT" what is looking back at us then we have "RESPECTED"  the other person to whom we where with.
There are three gifts,the first gift is wrapped with care and consideration, God's love, for the person to whom it will be given, the second has a few bumps and bruises, and wrickles but has survived with a little help from God, family and friends. The third gift is well beaten up, kicked,bruised,torn and not presentable to anyone. However, by the grace of God this gift can be fixed up and presented to one who is caring and understanding, it will just take time adn love.Which gift would you want to present and be presented when the time is write (within marriage)? Don't let the army of satan win over who you are in Christ precious,forgiven, healed, LOVED.Take a stand against your friends that try to tell you that if you don't have sex by the end of the year you are weird,not worth having as a friend. Be true to God and yourself. Thanks Tammy
3/28/2011 9:11:58 AM
regina United States
regina
I was very encouraged by your response to Hannah's article.  I am the mother of three.  One of these is a step son who has made me the grandmother of 5 all with different mothers. Most of the time we hear girls talk about waiting while boys are told "go for it" as if it is a passage to manhood.  I know that in my step sons case not only has he distorted has it distorted his views of love,marriage and sex ,but for the kids he has created.  They know they have sister's and brothers out there but aren't getting to grow up together.