Mar 04 2011

Stefano Sings to His God on TV's Biggest Show

An amazing moment happened on American Idol Thursday night ... contestant Stefano Langone sings to stay on the show.  And what a song and performance it was ...

Tags: ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (27) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/4/2011 6:58:52 AM
Pam United States
Pam
As I started my car in my garage this morning to leave for work, you were playing Stefano's song --- I'm guessing I caught it right in the middle because I didn't know who it was.  I actually sat there and thought - WOW - this is a new Brooklyn Tab song ... I've got to go find that CD!  I was stunned to hear you say it was an American Idol at the end of his song.  I will definitely start watching American Idol now and vote my heart out for Stefano!
3/4/2011 7:09:27 AM
Tania Mead United States
Tania Mead
OMG, that is all i can say. he has been blessed by the Lord with such a wonderful voice and to use it for the world to hear is awesome. I hope he wins. and shows the world that he is number 2 as his bracelet says. God Bless you Stefano.
3/4/2011 7:09:38 AM
Jeremy United States
Jeremy
Very cool, awesome vocals.
3/4/2011 7:15:19 AM
Traci United States
Traci
Thank you God for such an amazing voice You have given Stefanoa and that he is using it in such a way as this.  Please use it to glorify Your name to the world.  Your will be done, but please let him win and bring the name of Jesus to those who do not know Him, and draw the ones whom have rejected Him into Your Kingdom.
In Jesus' Name ~ Amen and Amen
3/4/2011 7:19:27 AM
Bev Palmer United States
Bev Palmer
So wonderful hearing his beautiful voice and such a blessing watching and knowing he meant every word he sang. God Bless you Stefano
3/4/2011 7:20:15 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
I watched this last night and didn't really pay attention to what he was singing, I just know that he sang from his heart. I watched it just now and this boy was definately singing to the lord and that's what saved him from going home. I'm so glad he got to stay!!
3/4/2011 7:33:56 AM
Edward United States
Edward
Praise God!
3/4/2011 7:36:59 AM
gilbert United States
gilbert
I had to look up smokie norful on youtube and saw the live and album version, WOW, Praise be to God!
Thanks for turning me on to this guy, Stefano. I may turn on the show this year.
3/4/2011 8:00:46 AM
Robin United States
Robin
One of my favorite songs!!!! I am so glad that you played that it, kinda wish more soulful songs were being mixed in with the already awesome praise & worship KLOVE is known to play! Smokie Norful is an amazing artist!! (a more diverse KLOVE would be AWESOME!!)
3/4/2011 9:28:15 AM
kimberly United States
kimberly
I heard you talking about Stefano in the car and had to see the video!!  Wow...he has quite a gift in that voice and the song was so beautiful!  How true it is...we all need Him now.
3/4/2011 9:52:27 AM
Deborah Hauser United States
Deborah Hauser
Win or lose Stefano has the makings of a great Christian contemporary vocalist.  Someone better snatch him up quickly!  I believe God is watching.
3/4/2011 9:57:43 AM
Emily United States
Emily
I was on my way home from work this morning and I heard you talking about Stefano singing this on Idol. I come on to listen to it. And it lifted me up to hear this song. I have been thought so much in my life and to be able to hear this. I am pleased to know that God is always there for me, through thick and thin. I love Klove. Driving though Springfield Ohio where I live I have all the channels to Klove that work in my city programmed on my stereo so when I lose one station all I have to do is hit a button to bring in another station. Thank you Klove for being then when no one else can
3/4/2011 10:52:01 AM
mary henderson United States
mary henderson
wow. Just when you think that your life could not possibly get any worse, God sends this beautiful person to touch your heart and let you know that he is right here beside you all the way. My husband called me from work yesterday, he was on the way to the e.r.-he had some severe chest pain.....had a bad heart attack. I am facing a 3rd surgery on a hip replacement that was done 2 1/2 years ago, with a 95% possibility that I will lose my leg.....But, this young man who has been truly blessed by the hand of god, let me know that I am truly, truly, not alone in all of this. My husband and I are all we have-each other is all we have in this world. If I lose that, I just don't know how I would go on. I am not a fan of American Idol, but, thank you Miss Lisa and Mr. Eric for posting that on your webpage. It gave me a little bit more strength to go on. I will never, ever lose my faith, but, sometimes, I just get a little lost.
God Bless You both. Again, thank you. Mary Henderson
3/4/2011 11:06:48 AM
robert tillman United States
robert tillman
If he doesn't make the idol card, he may have a real shot at a gospel career.  I had tears in my eyes at the end of this performance. What a voice.
3/4/2011 11:22:49 AM
Katie S. United States
Katie S.
Mary Henderson: I just scrolled down and read what you wrote and it brought tears to my eyes.  I'm sorry for what you are going through, but don't lose hope. The Lord has a plan and you can trust in that. I said a prayer for you and your husband, and hopefully everyone who reads about the health problems you and your husband are going through will stop for a minute and pray for you both.
I just heard KLOVE talking about the song this morning and I'm glad I looked it up. I think I'll watch the show for the first time ever. We can all vote and maybe a Christian singer can become the next American Idol...
3/4/2011 12:57:57 PM
Ally United States
Ally
What a bLessing and who would  have thought it would be on American Idol. Stefano, the Lord used your voice of praise to give this program a totally different meaning last night.  Continue to be bless and good luck.
3/4/2011 2:15:36 PM
Lorriane United States
Lorriane
I heard him sing and it was lovely but the original song is just as touching.   I love KLove but I really wish you guys would play more songs from gospel singer as they are just as annointed and full of praise.  I'm glad he sang this song to hopefully open eyes of brothers and sisters in Christ to support Gospel artist like Smokie Norful.   My favorite song from this artist is actually Thank You.  Please consider making KLove more diverse to include such beautiful songs.
3/4/2011 7:44:00 PM
Samantha United States
Samantha
Oh thank you God for this young man. I pray Hollywood will know and understand this is what encourages lives. This man is such a blessing and I pray you will continue to use him to inspire the world with his voice and love for YOU!! In Jesus name. Amen!
3/4/2011 8:32:50 PM
Anita Sheffey United States
Anita Sheffey
As always God has a way of reaching me through music, which I have always loved and even more so since I have been listening to KLove the past year. The words to the song hit me to the core. I have heard it many times before and love it but today I needed to hear it at just that moment. Thank you God for allowing Eric to hear Stefano sing it and put it on the radio. This is why I support KLove. Blessings.
3/4/2011 9:11:10 PM
pam United States
pam
I was watching American Idol last night but during the time Stefano was singing I was talking to my daughter on the phone (who was also watching). I wasn't really paying attention to the song since I was concentrating on my conversation with my daugter but I noticed the cross necklace he was wearing. I just thought.."I wonder if he is a Christian."  When I heard Lisa and Eric talk about it this morning and heard the song I got all teary eyed and couldn't wait til I could view the tape this evening after work. God has certainly given Stefano a beautiful voice..I hope he will always use it for the Lord.
3/4/2011 9:12:53 PM
LuAnn United States
LuAnn
Wow!!  I sat in my car in the parking lot at my work this morning and had tears streaming down my face!  What an awesome song and voice.  I finally made the time to watch the video . . .AMEN!!
3/7/2011 5:58:01 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Beautiful.....
3/7/2011 7:06:14 AM
Rita Wagner United States
Rita Wagner
Praises, Praises, and so refreshing to see a young adult singing to the glory of God and in a place where many will be against him. Thank you for bringing his song to Klove as you touch so many people. I pray a hedge of protection over Stefano to be able to stay faithful to God in such an unfaithful arena.
3/7/2011 8:41:43 AM
yvette United States
yvette
AMAZING performance! Praise God!
3/10/2011 6:30:30 PM
Stefanie United States
Stefanie
Wow, that was awesome! God bless him and show his favor on him. I pray that this song ministered to all who heard.
3/15/2011 7:18:38 PM
Darlene United States
Darlene
Beautiful song!  He is a very talented, passionate singer.  For those of you who have not been fans of American Idol, you really ought to watch it.  Last year's winner, Kris Allen, is a Christian.  I believe he was a youth minister about 40 minutes down the road from us.  And a few years ago, Mandisa, got her start on Idol.  Lots of wonderfully talented young people to listen to each week.
3/16/2011 2:59:29 PM
John United States
John
Wow what a song & voice 2. Been my favorite from the start. Could win it all has God`s power with him.....who could lose!