Mar 23 2011

The Buzz About Coach Buzz Williams

If your team has been knocked out or you're looking for a team to root for in the NCAA tournament (March Madness!), how about Marquette University from Milwaukee, Wisconsin?  We were surprised when Marquette Coach Buzz Williams called the request line to talk the day after his team's big 3rd round win vs. Syracuse moving them into the Sweet Sixteen!  Marquette takes on one of the top teams in the country - North Carolina - on Friday night.

Buzz loves God and enjoys listening to K-LOVE with his kids.  He also seemed to get a kick out of our March Madness conversations.  To hear his call, click here.

He also has some impressive "dance moves" ...

Tags: ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/25/2011 6:21:24 AM
Corey Held United States
Corey Held
I am a big Marquette fan and was thrilled to hear Coach Williams on KLove this morning.  Go Marquette and Go KLOVE!!!
3/25/2011 6:30:52 AM
Dawn Schweitzer United States
Dawn Schweitzer
I heard Coach Williams on the phone this morning. What an inspiring conversation! I love how he lives out his faith in his life and invests in his players' lives. He is a true leader and a humble, godly example for the young men not only on his team, but in our city, state and country. I pray that God will use this time in the national spotlight to impact many lives. Go Marquette! ~A fan from the Milwaukee area
3/25/2011 6:47:11 AM
Jodi United States
Jodi
This video is hysterical and inspiring at the same time.  Someone that excited is also full of energy and humility at the same time...you just know it.  I missed the on-air conversation, but it's so neat to hear about it.  I love routing for Cinderella teams anyway, so to route for a godly coach with one of those teams...well, how cool is that?
3/25/2011 7:41:02 AM
lori United States
lori
hey coach   williams   i live in   nc   but i dont like tar heels    my team is out   im  pulling for you guys   go   marquette  beat unc
3/25/2011 8:33:28 AM
John Stevens United States
John Stevens
Go Buzz!  The real deal!
3/25/2011 6:47:05 PM
Sue United States
Sue
My family and I bleed blue and gold -- driving to work on Monday, I was feeling down -- rainy day, tired, etc.  I was listening to KLOVE and there was quite a bit of static.  I stuck it out and was thrilled to hear Buzz call in...static cleared, my mind cleared, and I was ready to Make-a-Difference... Just watched 'our boys' against UNC -- very sad but still very proud to be Marquette.  Thanks Buzz for keeping the faith...
3/30/2011 10:33:51 AM
Tony United States
Tony
I was so blessed to hear his call and the depth of his faith in God.  He sounds like such a fine, upstanding man.  As an Oklahoma Sooner basketball fan, let me say I'm praying that our athletic director can convince him to come coach our team.  His name keeps coming up in media discussions and I think he is absolutley loyal to Marquette, but there has been no statement from him saying he is rejecting the offer OU is extending to him.  I hope that's not looked at as wrong or directing the focus from God to sports.  I just know he would be a great coach for the university and set a great example for the young men who play on the team. Whatever he decides is surely in God's hands and according to HIS will in Coach Williams life.  God bless him....and all of you.