Mar 30 2011

Krista from "Survivor" was our guest!

We're thinking it was a very cool moment on prime time TV.  What do you think?  It's Krista and Matt on "Survivor" openly talking about their faith and the importance of the Bible in their lives.  Tonight on CBS, we can watch and see if Matt remains on Redemption Island.

If you missed our chat with Krista Klumpp, click the links below ...

Krista Part 1

Krista Part 2

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/30/2011 5:46:16 AM
Rebecca Canada
Rebecca
I'm cheering for Matt!

Remember back to Survivor China - when at the beginning of the show, they were partaking in this Chinese ceremony, and the Christian girl got up and walked out because they seemed to be bowing to an idol and she couldnt do it. I was proud of her. Unfortunately she didn't do too well in the show....
3/30/2011 5:51:41 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
I was so excited when I saw last weeks show.  It was just so refreshing to see that on Survivor.  I couldn't believe that CBS left it in but was so happy that they did.

I am praying that Matt will go all the way and win.  It would be awsome because I know he would give all the glory to God.

I have to record the show and watch it later because I go to church on Wednesday nights but I can't wait to see what happens tonight!!!
3/30/2011 6:06:01 AM
Alice Moore United States
Alice Moore
I don't watch the show myself, but I am so glad to have watched this clip,Not many shows will let us Christians give God any Glory anymore, and I am so glad that this one has. God deserves so much more Praise than we give him, I just pray that more TV shows will pick up from this one. Revelations is happening now and most of the world cannot even realize it. It scares me for all the lost. I pray that they will come to meet God before it is too late.
3/30/2011 6:10:07 AM
Jamie United States
Jamie
Lisa made a comment about storms being in the area last week and wasn't able to watch all of the show.  This week there are storms in my area as well.  God gave power over the weather to Satan and it goes to show that he is trying his best to stop this ministry.  There is no telling how many people will become interested in God because of Matt and Satan is trying his best to stop it.  With you guys mentioning this, it goes to show that nothing will stop God and getting the glorious News of His love for us out there.  I hope Matt goes on to win it and if the storms keep me from watching tonight, there is always the internet Smile
3/30/2011 6:19:32 AM
Anita McCants United States
Anita McCants
I do not watch "Survivor" and I would have totally missed this if I had not heard you guys talking last week on my drive home from work. I could not wait to share it with my husband. It was awesome to hear these guys being so open with their witnessing. I got a warm fuzzy feeling when Matt made the comment about "That book breathes life." It is encouraging to know it was aired on national TV. And you are SO right about "Redemption Island"...the name is so appropriate. Yeah! Go GOD!
3/30/2011 7:11:02 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
I don't watch Survivor. My husband and I don't even have basic cable. I listen to KLove most mornings and heard about this particular episode. I'm glad that I did. It was really refreshing. So often, I hear about someone trying to get any mention of God or Christianity or prayer out of society...schools, work places, whatever. This story was uplifting. I loved how Matt and Krista bonded. There was nothing inappropriate. It was a sweet, respectable children of God connection. And I loved how it ended. They both did their best at the competition and were good sports. If there was more of that on TV, I might start to miss being able to watch.
3/30/2011 8:07:18 AM
Holly United States
Holly
Wow! I lovd this clip. I havent seen Survivor often though I have friends who occasionally keep me updated. I was surprised to see CBS allow this on the air- what a blessing! It just illistruates how we as Christians may be on opposite teams at times in life but we have a common goal, a common bond, a common source of strength. It is great to see these two, seemingly opponents (but in reality working together) to promote Kingdom stuff. Wow God! What a joy!
3/30/2011 10:31:03 AM
Andrew Vickers United States
Andrew Vickers
These days God is left out of soo much. Its just so wonderfull to see it when a television network as big as CBS allow this to be shown on prime time TV. You know that that is all God's doing and that he is working to get others to see his beauty. I pray Matt goes all the way because I know he will give it all to God. We as Christians need to witness, to let them know he is real and through him we can have eternal life. God has changed my life and blessed me in soo many ways and all my praise goes to him.
3/30/2011 10:37:41 AM
polly United States
polly
I missed last week's episode because we have broadcast only and it did not come in that night! I would have really liked to see the whole episode. I love this show and have never seen anything like this. I am so very happy that they aired that part and it did not get put on the cutting block. Our God is an awesome God and there were two really awesome players  this time Too bad one of them had to leave. I hope Matt wins it. I feel if he gets to the last two he will. Bless him.
3/30/2011 1:45:56 PM
Holly United States
Holly
I used to watch Suvivor all the time. It was so great to see this clip and watch Matt and Krista giving God glory on TV. I'll have to watch Survivor tonight and see how Matt does! Smile
3/30/2011 4:23:32 PM
Teri United States
Teri
Thank-you to the "Survivor" show for not editing out the comments by Krista and Matt.  I have never been a big fan of the show but I applaud them for letting their comment(s) to be aired on the show.  Thank-you Krista and Matt for being a light unto a dark world.
3/30/2011 4:40:25 PM
Mike Geiger United States
Mike Geiger
I was emotionally touched by this because when I was in Sudan 10 years ago I was asked to leave my Bible and did not. It would have helped teach English to the Sudanese but I was to attached to it. I was so glad this occured on national television, and really showed their faith no matter what occured. Krista, thanks for showing who is leading our lives
3/30/2011 5:30:53 PM
Elaine United States
Elaine
I'm not a follower of the tv show, but thanks to hearing today's radio program, I was able to enjoy the clip here on your web page. Refreshing to hear the importance of God's Word on a main stream tv show.  Glad CBS did not cut it from the show! I'll watch tonight to see if Matt makes it.
3/30/2011 10:14:08 PM
Toni Harvey United States
Toni Harvey
I watch Survivor every week and I can't tell you how awesome that entire show was to watch.  Always seeing how Matt makes references to the Lord and they don't cut them out, then to see this episode where they were praying over their little meal of rice together and then the bible gift and the her comments about their being believers, so fabulous!
3/31/2011 7:56:42 AM
Melissa United States
Melissa
We DVR Survivor and watch it on Thursdays at our house. When I heard this on Thursday morning, I was so excited. I've been so proud of Matt this season. He even shook hands with the opposing team when they beat his. It's what got him sent to Redemption Island, actually. However, that action, and all his actions and words since, have shown his faith. I'm so proud of him. Krista blew me away with her generosity in giving her bible to him. She may have just given him the strength to hang in there. Smile