Apr 19 2011

Jesus Death and Resurrection

This weekend we celebrate God's greatest gift - the sacrifice of His one and only son Jesus.  Three days later He rose from the dead, changing our lives forever!  It was truly a week that changed history and the world.  To read the eye witness accounts of what happened, check out these different passages from the New Testament ...

Matthew 26

Mark 14

Luke 22

John 16-20

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/19/2011 4:58:26 AM
Vallerie Hackett United States
Vallerie Hackett
Thank you so much Eric for posting this.  I am so thankful every day for what Jesus did for me.  I praise him everyday and worship his name.  Happy Easter to you, your family, and to Lisa and her family .  May God wrap his loving arms around you and Lisa and Bless you during this time.  Love your station and all you do for us.  God Bless, Vallerie from Greenwood, IN.  Also my son Justin is going on his 3rd mission trip in July to South America. Please pray for him and Emmanuel Church in Greenwood.
4/19/2011 6:33:07 AM
Tomas marrufo United States
Tomas marrufo
Have you ever considered, that the events that transpired in the Garden of Gethsemane, runs parallel with the second coming of Christ? For example: the heaviness that Jesus felt, should be the heaviness we should feel about spreading the gospel before his coming.
4/19/2011 7:26:45 AM
Eddie Pinto United States
Eddie Pinto
Easter mathamatical odds of anyone fulfilling the prophecies!
1 person fulfilling 8 prophecies: 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000
1 person fulfilling 48 prophecies: 1 chance in 10 to the 157th power
1 person fulfilling 300+ prophecies: Only Jesus!
Happy Easter KLOVE!
4/19/2011 9:25:05 AM
Trisha United States
Trisha
Oh to have been one of those women who went to the tomb to see that Jesus had risen!!
4/22/2011 6:03:24 AM
Scott M. United States
Scott M.
I listen to your program every day at work.  I love it!  Just a thought here....  in light of the Sandi Patty tribute at the recent Dove Awards, I wonder if you could play her duet with Larnelle Harris "I've Just Seen Jesus."  That would be awesome to hear!  Thanks!
4/22/2011 6:57:13 AM
andy h United States
andy h
Lisa,

I just wanted to encourage you on your trip to Panama.  I have been there twice on mission trips.  The second time I went we took a bunch of shoes to give to the children.  First we built a school in the jungle then when we were finished we took four or five kids at a time and washed their feet and gave them a new pair of shoes.  That was extremely humbling!!!  When we were finished all of the kids had taken their shoes off.  We asked one child and he said he did not want to get them dirty.  Good luck, I know you will enjoy the trip.
4/22/2011 9:11:45 PM
Jessica Meade United States
Jessica Meade
I was listening today when the lady called in to ask you where the name Easter came from and so I was doing our Church Bulletin and I include a Kid's corner and thought I would share with you some Fun Eater Facts from the Bible Activity Sheets for Special Days by Betty De Bries and Mary Loeks.  All reproducible for churches and such.
1. The date of Easter varies from year to year. It falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 21st (the vernal equinox).  So Easter could be any date between March 22nd and April 25th.
2. Early Christian of Mesopotamia were the first to use colored eggs for Easter.In some European countries people colored eggs red to represent the joy of the resurrection.
3. The lamb is on of the symbols of Easter. The symbol comes from the Jewish Pesah (Passover) holiday.The Jewish Passover celebration is a partial re-enactment of the events of the Exodus when Jewish families killed a lamb and sprinkled its blood on their doorsteps.
4. The first Nicene Council (325 A.D.) determined the method for setting the date to observe Easter.
5. Eggs represent the new life that returns to nature around Easter time.
6. The Spanish word for Easter: Pascua. The Italian word for Easter: Pasqua. The French word for Easter: Paques… all come from the Hebrew, Pesah.
7. The 40 days before Easter are known as Lent. Many people use this as a time of fasting and prayer, a reminder of Christ’s 40-day fast in the wilderness.
8. The word “Easter” is not found in the Bible.
9. The English word, “Easter”, may have come from Eostre, the Teutonic (ancient German) goddess of spring, or from the Teutonic festival of spring called Eostur.

I thought you would really like #9.
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter.
4/23/2011 9:39:42 AM