May 02 2011

Lisa's Panama trip with Operation Christmas Child

Here's a picture of Panamanian kids with Emily and Matthew West, cheering after all the Operation Christmas Child Boxes were passed out in what was like a big Jesus party for kids:)

Check out this link to some beautiful pictures taken by our interpreter Lucy Ann De La Guardia.  She was a blessing to me - helping me talk to the children.  She and her sister live in Panama and listen to klove.com all the time.

Now here's a pic with Matthew West with Amy Lowrey from Samaritan's Purse and sweaty me - getting ready for a distribution of shoe boxes with Operation Christmas Child.

In the remote hills of Panama, this clown reminded us of Jesus SO MUCH.  He loved the children and had them laughing and singing.  Here's the pic of me (Lisa) with JB from Air1 Radio (who got over his clown phobia on this trip) and the wonderful clown.

Now here's a picture of Matthew and Emily West with our team on a boat, leaving a Samaritan's Purse "Operation Christmas Child" distribution in Panama.  So you can see what God is doing there, I'll be uploading more pics for you throughout the morning - or click here for some great pics on my friend Joey's facebook page.

Okay, this little girl stole my heart.  Her sister, mother and father were at the gift distribution.  They heard of God's love.  They saw the love of Jesus in action.  They recieved a booklet that shares the story of God's redeeming love through Jesus, and this little cutie took home a tangible gift of love.  Yea God for Operation Christmas Chile and Samaritan's Purse!

Here's a link to a lot of great pics from K-LOVE's Jen in Denver.  Enjoy...

5/2/2011 4:01:49 AM
belinda phelps United States
belinda phelps
Glad your back and safe and sound was praying and keep the pics coming please  matthew west your lucky  lol
5/2/2011 5:30:50 AM
Jonhattan Constante Ecuador
Jonhattan Constante
Amazing pictures! You pleople from K-Love did so great in these OCC distributions.  These pictures bring to mind great memories.  Appreciate you so much!  Romans 10:15 says "And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”."
5/2/2011 7:09:49 AM
Lucyann De La Guardia Panama
Lucyann De La Guardia
thank you for comming to Panama, you did an amazing work in our country and you guys impacted so many lives. thank you for this great week, i have to many memories. this OCC Crew is in my heart. love you <3 and thank you for everything.
5/2/2011 7:46:45 AM
Susan Campbell United States
Susan Campbell
My family was intruduced to Operation Christmas Child 3 years ago by our church in Chesapeake, VA. I love filling them and praying over them for the unknow jurney they will make, and pray that they will brighten a childs day and that the child will know that it was heaven sent by God. It is so awsome to hear about your distribution trip!!!  MANY THAKS TO YOU AND THE BLESSINGS YOU DELIVERED!!!!
5/2/2011 7:51:48 AM
Johnny Batten United States
Johnny Batten
Lisa, looks like you had a great time and you provided God's love to those who need it most.  Matthew West was definately and added blessing to your trip and I am glad that Christ was proclaimed and God was glorified.  May the Holy Spirit guide these people and show them the true meaning of love from the One, True God.
5/3/2011 6:00:29 AM
manoah sosa United States
manoah sosa
i love the insperational music that comes on just in the right moment on the incuraging word u guys give when one need it. i can say that God greatly knows what one needs more than one them selfs know. God bless u and  may he keep using u for his doings
5/4/2011 7:02:28 AM
Elizabeth (Austin) Straughn Panama
Elizabeth (Austin) Straughn
Having been born in the Panama Canal Zone I was thrilled to hear that you took boxes there recently (I now live in NC, USA). Thank you! I just wish I had been able to go as well.  : ) Yes, it is a beautiful country, with beautiful people. Thank you, again, for going there and welcome back to the US. God bless you and all you do.
5/4/2011 7:19:31 AM
Pamela Swackhamer United States
Pamela Swackhamer
This is from an email that was sent to me and I just wanted to share it with you because I thought it was very appropriate. Thanks.
Food for thought....

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee...
-- You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.--

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying A word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl.

Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see."  "Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma the daughter then asked, "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its insides became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough faith in God to keep you going, enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

The happiest of people don ' t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can ' t go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.

Live your life so at the end, you ' re the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

5/4/2011 9:27:52 AM
Carrie United States
Carrie
Just wanted to let you know, God has provided again for me :What I needed, when I needed it.
I am supposed to take a lifeguard class this weekend, but I normally teach Sat mornings, so I needed a sub.  God has provided two great teachers to cover my classes while I learn how to save and guard the pool at the Y.

Praise be to God!
Thanks for sharing Lisa how God gives you the little things (like wipes) and big things like his son JESUS!

Carrie Niggemann
Milwaukee WI
5/4/2011 5:47:53 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Yay! I love Operation Christmas Child! Matthew West is so cool!! Laughing
5/4/2011 5:48:11 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Smile Smile Smile Smile
5/7/2011 4:24:15 PM
Christine Feick United States
Christine Feick
Dear Miss Lisa & Mr. Eric, I heard you on Wed. morning about the wipes. Boy, did I need to hear this. On the way to taking my son to school, a skunk ran in front of our car. Instead of slamming on the brakes, I just screamed. Not good.  By the grace of God we missed the skunk. I was praising God and letting my son know he takes care of even the little things. On the way home from school, I heard you talking about how Jesus meets our needs when the need arises. I have been saying it many times every day since.
On April 6 my husband was fired along with 22 other people from the local TV station.  We knew with new ownership, there would be changes.
we never thought they would fire the weekend anchor(my husband) and the 6&ll anchor who have been number one in ratings for 27 and 34 years. Thank you so much for your words and your ministry you have no idea how many people you touch.

Fondly Christine Feick

P.S.
My son is in fourth grade and I still have to buy wipes for the classroom!
5/8/2011 2:49:26 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Okay, the picture of Lisa, JB, and the clown is just wierd.

Glad to hear JB got over his clown phobia. I still haven't gotten over mine yet LOL SmileSmileSmileSmile
5/8/2011 3:14:40 PM
What to Invest In United States
What to Invest In
Great pictures! It is so good to see the love and mercy that others can give.