May 11 2011

"Wow God" I got so much more than a million dollars

Survivor's Julie Wolfe was on K-LOVE with us Wednesday morning. She is on CBS this Sunday night as part of the jury for the finale.  She went to Survivor for the million dollars. She left with something more valuable - a relationship with God.

Hear her story now - PART ONE and PART TWO of her interview for you to listen to and also to share with your Survivor-lovin' friendsLaughing

AND, if YOU have a "Wow, God" story of a time when you wanted one thing - but got something much more valuable, share it here in the comments section.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (21) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/11/2011 5:31:26 AM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
I was going through a very deep depression in 2005 when I was considering killing myself.

One day I had some items that I needed at Kmart.  While I was there I decided to look at the book section since I love to read.  Rather than stopping at the fiction book I normally read, I ended up father down in front of some Christian books.  Immediately 2 books caught my attention - "How to Hear from God" and "In Pursuit of Peace", both by Joyce Meyer.

I bought the books & while reading "How to Hear from God", I gave my life to Jesus.  It was only through Him that I was able to survive the depression and continue on in my life.
5/11/2011 5:48:16 AM
Kim United States
Kim
In 2009 I was struggling in my relationship with a secular man knowing that I was missing something. I had always believed in God, but had not been following Jesus for quite some time.  I began to go the a local church, left that relationship, joined the choir, and met my future husband.  He and I had a lot in common except he had been walking with Jesus for 9 years.  We dated for 6 months, were engaged for three months thereafter and married on August 29, 2010.  It has been difficult at times being the first marriage for both of us, but God wowed me in late 2009 and He just keeps on wowing me. Wow God.
5/11/2011 7:06:54 AM
Julee Wolf United States
Julee Wolf
Julie,
Your story is awesome and inspiring. Your name is pretty cool too. Smile May our Lord bless you greatly.

-Julee Wolf
5/11/2011 7:33:40 AM
Emily Hill United States
Emily Hill
God has spoken to me several times.Once was when he held my face in his hands and said to me..When I send you the man I have for you..You will have this feeling...Wow..I met my husband on FACEBOOK July 8.2010..We got married 12.12.2010..And yes I continue to have that feeling over and over again..GOD is so good...I was single for eleven years..We actually met at a steakhouse and we go there a lot now...I said to him...You are an amazing man..I can't wait to see what God is gonna do with you...I love him so much...How blessed we are really are...Our Father which art in heaven...Hallowed be thy name....Julie..Blessings to you and yours.....
5/11/2011 7:38:14 AM
Carol Vaci United States
Carol Vaci
Thank you for having Julie on your program. I have been praying for her ever since the show where she was voted off and said that she wanted to go home and get involved with a church. It was an answer to prayer to hear her testimony!

5/11/2011 8:00:38 AM
Ginger B United States
Ginger B
I just don't think that the name of the show, "Redemption Island", is a coincidence. God has His hand all over it! Praise to our Redeemer!
5/11/2011 8:01:15 AM
Meghan S. United States
Meghan S.
"And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated."
Doctrine and Covenants 130:21 ('Mormon' Scripture)
5/11/2011 8:08:48 AM
James United States
James
This is a little long, but if you can follow this you will see how BIG God is.

On Sept. 11, 2001 when our country was attacked I decided to join the military.  During the processing period, I saw a training post in Monterey, California.  It was close to my home at the time and I decided that is where I wanted to go.  I was told that I needed to take special tests to qualify for this training, which I took and passed with high scores.  I went to Monterey with the intention of studying Chinese language, but was directed to study Korean.  After graduation, I had a delay in my Top Secret Security Clearance, and was re-trained as an infantry soldier.  Once I finished my infantry training I went to Ft. Campbell and was immediately (24 hours after arriving at my unit)deployed to Iraq.  When I returned, I wanted to continue my Korean language studies, so I went to a Korean-American church where I studied and read the bible, but never really committed myself.  After Ft. Campbell I was reassigned to Ft. Wainwright, Alaska.  Wanting to continue my language studies I found a good church, with a spiritual pastor and elder who gave me a deeper understanding of God and gave me a hope for my future that I never had before.  I had to go back to Iraq for 16 months, during this deployment I studied the Bible with a sense of purpose, and read every book I could find.  When I returned back to Alaska, through the encouragement of our pastor I finished my schooling in Religious studies through Global Univeristy with a focus on Missions, and am now looking at going back to school to expand my foreign language skills so as to open more doors of opportunity for me to move forward and do the Lord's work in this world.  So, as you can see, God worked in my life nearly 10 years ago to put me on a path of service for Him, and I have never been more fulfilled as a person.  I give thanks and praise to Him every day for His unfailing faithfulness to His children.
5/11/2011 8:16:15 AM
Darla United States
Darla
Redeemed on Redeemtion Island?

Hmmmmmmmm...

I am sure that that the show had no idea what God had in store this season.  We serve and AWESOME God!

Thank you for sharing your testimony, Julie
5/11/2011 1:56:10 PM
Amanda United States
Amanda
I know God placed all of those cast memebers there for a reason and I'm hoping and praying every night someone watches they are desiring to know the joy these cast memebers have found.

I literally did a fist pump when Julie proclaimed her desire for salvation and to restore her faith. Yay Julie!!!

This show is also showing the dynamics of the world's view of Christians. You have the seekers who take the message to heart and come out with salvation and then you have the scoffers and the unsaved who think we're all looney's and over the top, but they come out with nothing. Pray for them.
5/11/2011 2:14:22 PM
jennifer miller United States
jennifer miller
Wash supposed to go to disneyland with a friend she bailed on me and i decided to go visit family instead wash talking to my uncle on how if benefit searching and feel empty he tool me a testimony of his own struggle and brought a profet who role meGod had great things for me and my vacation wash his purpose the giy or my family didn't know i wash suppose d to go to california hot rocked by God and benefit serving him since
5/11/2011 3:24:52 PM
KENNETH BLAIR United States
KENNETH BLAIR
I AM 57 YEARS OLD AND BEEN A CHRISTAN MOST OF MY LIFE BUT SAT ON MY HANDS AND DID NOTHING FOR THE LORD. I ASK GOD TO PUT ME WHERE HE NEEDED ME AND WITH IN TWO WEEKS OUT OF THE BLUE I WAS ASK TO SERVE IN KAIROS PRISON MINISTRY. I WENT THROUGH THE CLASS TO PREPAIR ME FOR THIS MINISTRY AND WHEN THE THREE DAY WEEK END CAME FOR WHAT SMALL EFFORT I PUT OUT I RECIEVED MORE BLESSING THAN WORDS CAN TELL. WE HAVE NOW STARTED OUR MONTHLY REUNIONS AND I FIND MORE GOD AND MORE HOPE IN SIDE THE PRISON THAN I FIND ON THE OUTSIDE. MY GOD HASE GIVING ME SO MUCH THROUGH THESE MEN THEY HAVE MINISTERED TO ME.
YEA GOD KENNETH
5/11/2011 8:49:49 PM
Vickee Widbin United States
Vickee Widbin
I have been a Survivor fan for years....I have watched every season except the very first season. I have been so blessed to see Matt's vulnerability with his struggle to where God has placed him in this Survivor season, yet submit to it....and how God has used him for His purposes. When Julie lost the final challenge and made her comment about being excited to go back home and find a church....we knew something had happened....some conversation had occurred. So to turn on K-LOVE for my drive into work today and hear the very tail-end of Julie's interview....I was SOOO excited. I called my husband to share....and then my daughter as we get together every Wednesday to watch Survivor. I hung up my cell phone and was praising God for how He has used Matt and this season to be glorified and for eternal purposes and happened to glance in my rearview mirror...only to see lights flashing!!! Bummer.....I was so lost in Survivor, I forgot to watch my speed and ended up with a speeding ticket!!!! The policeman asked me if I was in a hurry....and I just said, "No, I was just talking to my daughter and was in another world." I couldn't tell him I was in reality TV world. Smile So I am still a totally pumped about this Survivor season and how God is working....and I praise God for His drawing Julie.....Bummer about the ticket!!! Oh well!
5/12/2011 9:26:00 AM
Kara S. United States
Kara S.
Julie!! The family and I had been rooting for Matt, and loved his testimony that was being broadcast all over the world. My husband and I were just talking about how God IS using him by allowing him to have one on one time with a lot of the people before they get the boot. Smile We were sharing with the family how sometimes you may not see the reason God has you somewhere..sometimes you don't understand. But, when you exited that day, I cried for you! I was beyond happy that you had made a life changing decision, and looked at the kids and said, "THAT'S why God has Matt on this show, and banished to Redemption Island!" Pretty ironic it's called "Redemption," isn't it? I'm sure a lot of people are changing and going to be changed as a result of what God is doing on Survivor!! Amen! God bless you and your family. You were a joy to watch! LOVED the shorts fiasco. I hadn't laughed so hard at a tribal council in all of Survivor history! Too bad you told him where they were. LOL!!
5/12/2011 9:33:37 AM
Kara S. United States
Kara S.
OH! And my husband is a firefighter here in Chicago, so we were pulling for you! Smile Maybe they'll invite you back, would you go?
5/12/2011 3:09:43 PM
Dallas United States
Dallas
I go to Christian school, but there is still so much perscution there, but during one of the chapel services I saw so many turn to God and that was my wow God moment
5/13/2011 6:44:57 AM
Marla United States
Marla
I cant find any other way to get a hold of you this morning, Im at work and cant get on facebook. I heard Lisa's airport story and just wanted to share that my husband and I were recently delayed over and over again,then the flight was canceled. We managed to get a converted flight from the chicago to washington trying to get on syracuse and to make a long story short, we offerd some comfort to a lady getting sick next to us on the plane and she ended up offering us a place to stay for the night when we didnt make our conneting flight.  My husband has a heart condition and I just thought how funny the lord works we thought we were ministering to her durring the whole flight I was asking the lord to please help us catch our flight. we didnt but all our needs ended up being met.
5/13/2011 10:01:08 AM
nanny2lk United States
nanny2lk
You can go to Survivor web's site and vote for either Matt or Julie to win Player of the Season.
5/15/2011 4:34:00 PM
Terri Benton United States
Terri Benton
About 8 years ago I struggles with awful depression.  It was the most horrible existance one could imagin.  I saw a Dr.  He diagnosed me, he said I indeed was depressed but he wouldnt treat me because I never actually tried suicide. I was terrified at the thought that this feeling could get progressively worse.  I came home and just cried hysterically for hours. I was so scared.  I had my two year old son in the home with me and I didnt want him to see me like this.  I believe that God spoke to me at that moment...he said "find something that you love and take your strength from it".  I really dont even remember walking into my sons room, laying him down on the bed and just tickeling him until he wet himself.  The more he laughed..the more I laughed.  From that day on I have felt God in my heart and He will never allow me to experience that again.
5/16/2011 7:29:07 AM
Meghan United States
Meghan
Right now i am 20 years old, and God has allowed me to live to this age. At 10 days old i was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis. My mother felt me getting increasingly hotter, my parents rushed me to 2 hospitals where they both turned me away, saying that my doctor was not affiliated with them. At this point i had a 105 temperature, and my parents were unsure if i was going to make it. Finally they made it to the 3rd hospital very far away from where the other hospitals were. Thankfully the doctors quickly took care of me, and were specialist concerning this kind of illness. but sadly due to the amount of time that had passed, the doctors were unsure if i would survive. My mother had the priests at our catholic church at the time come in where i received my baptismal rights, my anointing of the sick, and my last rights before death. miraculously though, i recovered with no side effects of the illness. Now being 20 years old, and a fully grown young woman i understand how lucky i am, and how much god has blessed me. Looking at the statistics of those that have meningitis, only 60% of ADULTS survive, and only 30% of those that survive live normal lives, with out brain problems, and lifelong ailments. I was 10 days old and i live completely free of everything that i could have gotten. God has truly blessed me, and because of that, I have lead 4 people to Christ in the years that i have turned my life to God and become saved by his grace. I thank him everyday for my life.
5/16/2011 8:01:53 AM
Valerie Rowe United States
Valerie Rowe
On November 23, 2005, My 15 year old son, Jared, was hit by a truck and killed.This also happened to be my 42nd birthday.I was devasted to say the least. My oldest son Joey had left in 2004 to join the Marine Corps and my other son, Johnatan, had left for college in August 2005. I was definitely experiencing the "empty nest" syndrome. In August of 2006, my husband and I decided to adopt a baby. We wanted a baby girl. We went through a private adoption agency and after almost 2 years and lots of disappointments, we still did not have a baby.On June 29, 2008 after being told that we had a baby girl waiting for us in memphis and driving there just to find out the mother had changed her mind, I was beyond heartbroken. I cried and prayed and basically told God that I was giving up. If he wanted me to have a baby, then he was just going to have to drop it in my lap.
In July 2008, I felt that God was telling us to switch churches. After much prayer, we decided on a local church, and the first day we were there,the youth minister began telling us about an
organization "The CALL"(Children of Arkansas loved for a lifetime). His friends were the organizers of the local chapter of The CALL and they had just told him about a sibling group of four who had been in foster care for 18 months and were up for adoption.We made contact and met those four children for the first time on Sep 12, 2008. They were placed in our home for foster care on October 17,2008, and we adopted them on April 23,2009.We wanted one baby and God gave us four Beautiful children, Jasmine , Robert, Jaden and Isabella.God is so good! Everytime we hear the song"That's What Faith Can Do" we sing at the top of our lungs and praise God.