May 25 2011

Wow, God ... Brought the Dance to Me

17-year-old Brittany Bettag was diagnosed with Leukemia in March. So when she wasn't able to attend her high school prom, her hospital did something special for her - they brought the prom to her!

Hear Brittany's mom share their story - segment 1 & segment 2

Check out this video, too ...

Tags: ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/25/2011 6:44:41 AM
jane United States
jane
WOW. that was so sweet. I'm crying.
5/25/2011 7:30:39 AM
Val United States
Val
WOW GOD and a YEAH GOD indeed!
5/25/2011 9:31:53 AM
Julie Duffy United States
Julie Duffy
This story is just so touching, can't stop crying!!!
My best friend lost her daughter, 19,to a rare childhood cancer at the end of summer, so understand deeply how important this is for a teen.
Bless, bless those folks who made this happen for Brittany. While the prom is a big deal, beyond that, you all made her feel so, so special...she'll keep the love and support she's been shown for always! And Brittany and family, we'll be praying for you!
5/25/2011 4:47:18 PM
Kariny Starritt United States
Kariny Starritt
Sweet ,awesome God  .Can you guys send to me the name the organization help organize the prom ?
5/25/2011 4:50:25 PM
Brittany Bettag United States
Brittany Bettag
Thank you all so much for the prayers and support. It means so much to me. Without the love and support of people like you, and my friends and family, and of course God, I wouldn't be handling this like I'm able to now.
Please, though, when you pray for me, pray for those at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics who don't have people praying for them, because they need it just as bad, or worse, than I do. Think of the young children who may not be as fortunate as me, going through this same treatment at such young ages. Not just at my hospital, but around the world.
Again, thank you all so much for your prayers and support.
5/25/2011 4:53:29 PM
Brittany Bettag United States
Brittany Bettag
Kariny, the name of the organization is Dance Marathon. They're from University of Iowa, originally, but have recently become more spread out. You can visit their website, dancemarathon.com and sign up to be a part of it. It also gives you more information on what they do and how you can help.
5/26/2011 5:33:34 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
So sweet.
Brittany I'll be praying for you, and your family. Smile
5/26/2011 8:35:43 AM
Tim Ritchie United States
Tim Ritchie
You was wanting to know what the C was in Nicole C. Mullen was? Her real name is Alleen Nicole Coleman-Mullen. So, it's Coleman.