Jun 06 2011

Dress a Girl Around the World - Make a Difference

dressagirlaroundtheworld.com - Imagine a world where every little girl had at least one dress...

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/6/2011 5:39:48 AM
Cathi-lee DeLorto United States
Cathi-lee DeLorto
what an awesome task! these girls look so pretty in their dresses and the fact that they know its Jesus's LOVE FOR EVERYONE is the best gift ever.

Hugggggggs

Cathi-lee
6/6/2011 6:09:08 AM
Ruth Ann Bowen United States
Ruth Ann Bowen
What a wonderful way to make a difference! And what a great idea, too. What little girl wouldn't love to have a pretty new dress to twirl around and play in? Smile

Our way of making a difference is through our blog Nurturing Naturally. We are two moms on a mission daring to change America's mindset concerning food...one pantry at a time. (www.nurturing-naturally.com). We established it based on the verse that says, "Whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Blessings!

Ruth Ann Bowen
Co-founder, Nurturing Naturally
6/6/2011 7:40:29 AM
Kay United States
Kay
Beautiful little dresses!  I can only imagine how wonderful this makes those little girls feel!  Good job...
6/6/2011 7:47:46 AM
Ginni United States
Ginni
Just heard Lisa talking about this site, God Bless the woman who thought of this, the girls look so cute...the little guy in from looks like he saying.."what's this all about, where's my dress?"  How cute...take care & keep us the good work, wouldn't know what to do without my KLove, it's my refuge from everyday life into a life of peace, contentment and love of Jesus Christ.
6/6/2011 7:54:08 AM
Jan Morgan United States
Jan Morgan
What a wonderful example of Christ's love, being the hands & feet of our Lord in so many ways to bring JOY to others.
Remember my Mom making dresses for me when I was a child & how happy I was when I put it on but I had several dresses so can't imagine how these girls feel to have one new dress.
May you blessed as you have blessed so many others.
6/6/2011 8:09:22 AM
holli stegner United States
holli stegner
I love this!!! My daughter Karli is graduating this year and going on an 8 day trip to Haiti to visit three orphanages. She has been making these dresses for months and cannot wait to give them to some beautiful Haitian girls!! Who knows maybe she will join forces with this organization too!
6/6/2011 10:51:36 AM
Jean United States
Jean
Is there a pattern for making these? I would love to make some for them to give the girls. I have time during the day to sew and did for a long time. Please let me know how I can help. Thanks, Jean
6/6/2011 11:03:19 AM
Margie United States
Margie
A lady in our Church makes these dresses.  She has a group of yound girls that help her. They meet on Sunday afternoon.  They love it!  The dresses are beautiful.
6/6/2011 1:15:35 PM
Pamela United States
Pamela
The song on the video moved me. Just hearing the name of Jesus being sung in such a beautiful melody. Wonderful!
6/6/2011 8:03:15 PM
Rachel Eggum Cinader United States
Rachel Eggum Cinader
Thank you for posting this! I'm the founder of Dress a Girl Around the World and I LOVE K-LOVE and it has been a wonderful day--hearing from K-LOVE listeners. God bless you!
6/7/2011 2:47:38 AM
Therese United States
Therese
What a wonderful opportunity to get the word out about Dress a Girl.  I'm the Wisconsin State Rep for Dress a Girl and my daughter, Olivia is the Youth Rep.  We're here to help you host sewing bees, coordinate pick-up and distribution of dresses and promote Dress a Girl in WI!

Please visit us on FB www.facebook.com/.../225770040782794?ref=ts
6/8/2011 8:58:58 PM
Lisa Ward United States
Lisa Ward
My friend Dana is the one who called about me. I didn't get to hear it, but it has brought in so many emails with encouraging words and so many women wanting to help. So excited about how God is using this to spread the word about DAG. Thanks for posting their website on your page. You can find patterns to sew dresses on the DAG website and instructions on where to mail them there also. Thanks again!http://www.dressagirlaroundtheworld.com/
6/8/2011 9:00:41 PM
Lisa Ward United States
Lisa Ward
If you are in NC, you can find me at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dress-A-Girl-Around-the-World-North-Carolina/117166798366859
I would love to have your help!