Jun 14 2011

Downhere is Here!

The boys from "up there" (Canada) Downhere are here!  Their new album "On The Altar of Love" comes out August 23. To hear parts of our interview, including two live songs, click the links below ...

Jason talks about their song "Here I Am", with live performance

Jason and Marc talk about their new song "Let Me Rediscover You", with live performance

Jeremy talks about his son Liam with Down's Syndrome

6/14/2011 5:33:11 AM
Jane Scott United States
Jane Scott
Your story this morning with one of the members from Downhere were my "own words" 23 years ago when my first child was born missing most of all four limbs...as I listened to him talking about mixing joy and grief...leaving my own dreams behind and taking on the new life that God had blessed us with...a new culture of raising a child with special needs and all the wonderful people that God placed in our lives because of him..and what I wanted to say to this family was that all the challenges just bring more and more blessings to your family and to those that pass through out lives!
6/14/2011 6:58:49 AM
jessica United States
jessica
I hope you have more and more blessings, through out everyday.
6/14/2011 8:00:31 AM
Melissa Canada
Melissa
Just wanted to say how proud I am of Downhere! Being from Montreal Canada its nice to know that we are being represented in this way.  Continued success!  May God continue to bless you.
6/14/2011 8:04:06 AM
renata United States
renata
I just wanted to thank you for "Here I Am".  I've been a Christian for 40 years now but a year ago when I was entering a painful time I heard "Here I Am" for the hundreth time on KLOVE and actually listened to it for the first time.  When I heard the words, "somehow my story, is a part of your plan" it changed my whole life.  I know now that all my past, even the mistakes are His and it's gonna be ok.  Words can't express how grateful I am to you.  Renata
6/14/2011 8:04:14 AM
Eva United States
Eva
Hearing Jeremy talk about his son this morning reminded me of an email I received a few weeks ago and I wanted to share it!

A Blue Rose...

Having four visiting family members, my wife was very busy, so I offered to go to the store for her to get some needed items, which included light bulbs, paper towels, trash bags, detergent and Clorox. So off I went.

I scurried around the store, gathered up my goodies and headed for the checkout counter, only to be blocked in the narrow aisle by a young man who appeared to be about sixteen-years-old. I wasn't in a hurry, so I patiently waited for the boy to realize that I was there. This was when he waved his hands excitedly in the air and declared in a loud voice, "Mommy, I'm over here."

It was obvious now, he was mentally challenged and also startled as he turned and saw me standing so close to him, waiting to squeeze by. His eyes widened and surprise exploded on his face as I said, "Hey Buddy, what's your name?"

"My name is Denny and I'm shopping with my mother," he responded proudly.

"Wow," I said, "that's a cool name; I wish my name was Denny, but my name is Steve."

"Steve, like Stevarino?" he asked.

"Yes," I answered. "How old are you Denny?"

"How old am I now, Mommy?" he asked his mother as she slowly came over from the next aisle.

"You're fifteen-years-old Denny; now be a good boy and let the man pass by."

I acknowledged her and continued to talk to Denny for several more minutes about summer, bicycles and school. I watched his brown eyes dance with excitement, because he was the center of someone's attention. He then abruptly turned and headed toward the toy section.

Denny's mom had a puzzled look on her face and thanked me for taking the time to talk with her son. She told me that most people wouldn't even look at him, much less talk to him.

I told her that it was my pleasure and then I said something I have no idea where it came from, other than by the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I told her that there are plenty of red, yellow, and pink roses in God's Garden; however, "Blue Roses" are very rare and should be appreciated for their beauty and distinctiveness. You see, Denny is a Blue Rose and if someone doesn't stop and smell that rose with their heart and touch that rose with their kindness, then they've missed a blessing from God.

She was silent for a second, then with a tear in her eye she asked, "Who are you?"

Without thinking I said, "Oh, I'm probably just a dandelion, but I sure love living in God's garden."

She reached out, squeezed my hand and said, "God bless you!" and then I had tears in my eyes.

May I suggest, the next time you see a BLUE ROSE, don't turn your head and walk off. Take the time to smile and say Hello. Why? Because, by the grace of GOD, this mother or father could be you. This could be your child, grandchild, niece or nephew. What a difference a moment can mean to that person or their family.

6/14/2011 8:37:54 AM
Charlotte Delbasty United States
Charlotte Delbasty
Thank you for sharing this.. That was beautiful and I truly believe that God used you in a mighty way.. Awesome story..
6/14/2011 10:19:21 AM
Michael Thomas Crumpler United States
Michael Thomas Crumpler
I wanted to say how much I love the group Downhere.  The song, "Here I AM" is my theme song.  I am studying for the Ministry and working full time.  This song speaks to me personally to always have a willingness to obey and follow the Lord's will.  Everytime I hear it it brings tears to my eyes as I am in awestruck wonder that my beautiful Lord would ever choose me as I can say I am likened as Paul and the chief among sinners.  But by His grace I am saved!  No where in my area sells Downhere albums.  It would be helpful to know who carries them as well.  Oh I am always posting downhere songs from youtube to my groups on facebook & they love it.  God bless and keep up the good work.
M. T. Crumpler.
6/14/2011 10:37:09 AM
Carolyn Williams United States
Carolyn Williams
I have a son who is Down Syndrome he is 23yr.  He loves Christian music and jams out with Newsboys, Third Day, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me and many more.  He loves drums and he can be see any time playing his air drums and guitar.  Sometimes a challenge..especially since his father introduced him to some things I don't like. But wouldn't trade him for anything
6/17/2011 6:13:49 AM
Stacy United States
Stacy
I haven't listened to K-Love all week...been a little overwhelmed by life, the seemingly never-ending consequences of divorce and the demands of being a single working mom.  This a.m. as I got dressed for work, my mind kept going back about 12 years to a letter I wrote to my sister who was going through some tough times. Apparently, I was living in condemnation because I wrote her something like this "I look at what you and (my other sister) have gone through and wonder when it will be my turn". I knew I had lived a no more perfect life than my sisters and was waiting for the axe to fall. Within just a few months of me writing that, it did.  My husband of 9 years had an affair, walked out on me & our 2 young sons. As I replayed this in my mind today, I thought once again, "Wow, Stacy, you pretty much waved the red flag like a bull-fighter, here I am, come get me". I imagined that when I wrote those words a meeting commenced in heaven b/t God and satan like the one regarding Job. But having grown in my faith tremendously since 1999, this a.m. I kept wanting to change the "come get me" to "send me". I have stood all these years, believing God for salvation of my husband and restoration of our marriage, yet wondered again, would He really "send me" into this. So after a week of silence in my car every day, this a.m. I turned the volume up and the words "Here I am, Lord send me, somehow my story is a part of your plan" boomed out.  I am still blown away. The Lord of creation knows my thoughts.  My go-to verse the past few weeks has been Psalm 38:9 "All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from You".  Then after that I heard Matt Hammett singing "All of Me" and was thinking of him singing it to his little boy but then heard Jesus singing it to me.  I am reeling this morning from the ever-present love and faithfulness God shows to me.  Thanks K-Love for your ministry.
6/19/2011 3:00:25 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
I didn't know Downhere was from Canada! I love Canadians!!!!! Laughing
6/20/2011 8:59:17 AM
Jessika Canada
Jessika
So awesome that they are from Canada!! I love Canadians too, cause i am one!! SmileSmileSmile