Jun 21 2011

Peter Furler is Back and "On Fire"!

Best known as the former lead singer of Newsboys, Peter Furler is back with his first solo album On Fire!  Peter joins us to talk about his decision to leave the Newsboys and the exciting new journey God is now taking him on.

6/21/2011 7:44:53 AM
Helen United States
Helen
Lisa and Eric, I have just heard your interview with Peter Furler where he talks about being 'safe' and moving out from a part of our lives in peace onto new adventures. Wow, God soooo spoke through Peter at this moment! Agh, dying inside, yup!! Thank you for speaking God's truths through K-LoveSmile Blessings.
6/21/2011 8:02:20 AM
Toni Halstad United States
Toni Halstad
Lisa & Eric,

I can't express how thrilled I am that Peter Furler is on your show today.  The Newsboys were always my favorite group.  I loved their fun, upbeat songs and sometimes silly lyrics (Yet they always made a godly point).

The song SHINE was my son's favorite song.  I remember when the song first came out he would run around our youth center yelling "SHINE!" and whever that song came on he would get so excited.  Sometimes, when we were playing CDs in the Youth Center, he would ask the director to play that song over and over again.  But he didn't just love the song... HE LIVED it.

Our son DeWayne was an extraordinary young man who loved the Lord with all of his heart.  He often shared with his friends about Christ and was a very positive influence on many of their lives.

In October of 2008, our belived son was tragedy (for us) taken home to be with His Savior in a drowning accident on the Oregon coast.  He was only 23 years old.  It wasn't until his memorial service that we realized what an impact he made on people's lives when as one by one people stood up to tell how he withnessed to them, not only with words, but with his life.

Though it hurt to lose him, we rejoice that he is in Heaven with Jesus.  And everytime that song comes on the radio, I can't help but smile and say "Hi son".  Thanks for playing the old songs as well the new and keeping his precious memory alive in hearts.

And Peter, you rock!  Love your song Reach!  God Bless You for your ministry through music, both then and now!

Toni Halstad
6/21/2011 11:45:29 AM
Angela Jones United States
Angela Jones
I am so glad that Peter is still making music. I am thankful for the times I got to see him in concert when he was with the Newsboys. He has a gift from God when it comes to his music. He is annointed. I had to get his new solo CD but to my surprise my husband surprised me with it for our anniversary. When the interview with Peter came on my husband was listening to it in the company truck (semi truck) and called me to let me know. However my husband wants one of his paintings. Maybe someday I hope.
6/21/2011 9:30:32 PM
Kim W United States
Kim W
Thanks  for your show w/ Peter Furler today.  He spoke of taking a leap of faith, letting Him lead you and leaving our safety/comfort for peace not realizing sometimes we are dying inside. 18 wks ago I left my 24 yr marriage due to his alcohol and cocaine abuse in addition to lying and cheating. God was PUSHING me to move and it took a huge leap of faith to do so believing he would provide all I needed.  I am daily astounded, amazed and humbled by his constant reminders of His plan for me. I've found a peace I never had.  When you Lisa, said wow someone just got a message from God today after Peter's testimony, that was my gift to start the day.  Thank you!!
6/22/2011 2:16:22 PM
Will United States
Will
Would you post the interview right here on the website/
6/23/2011 11:21:44 PM
Joe W. United States
Joe W.
I concur with both Kim W and Will! I would like to hear the interview again too. The part about taking that big step and having faith and peace has really reached my heart. I would like to know what verse it was that was quoted at that time. Actually, I would just like to hear the whole interview again. Thank you!
6/27/2011 6:32:34 AM