Jul 01 2011

Happy 4th!

Hey friends!!

You've taken a sliver of time out of your special 3-day weekend to just stop by our blog.  I'm touched. :)

We hope you have a great 4th of July weekend. Eric is at Creation in Pennsylvania this weekend. If you're heading there, find him and ask him to bust a move while you sing a Mandisa song.

I'm just sayin'.

Then play "Where in the world is Eric Allen" next week when he and his family show up at Spirit Song at King's Island in Cincinatti.

And, if I may put on my bossy, big sister hat for a moment, please PLEASE be safe this 4th of July!  Review these safetly tips before you start lighting fuses.  Okay?  Are you listening?!  Don't roll your eyes at me, young man!!  Wink

Oh, and as long as you're here at klove.com, please take a moment to honor God as well as America's birthday by visiting the wall of prayer.  Even a minute at the wall could be life-altering for someone serving our country.  Thanks for that...

Have a great weekend!  And if you're taking a road trip, take us along with you!  Check out this cool mapping gizmo that tells you how to find K-LOVE stations while you drive.

Much love - and Happy Birthday America!!

Lisa

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/1/2011 8:21:59 AM
Craig United States
Craig
I listen to the music and your entertaining words of witt and wisdom every weekday morning on my ever too long drive to work. And sometimes Erick says something funny too. ;) K-Love keeps me grounded in my faith and lifts me up whenever I'm feeling the world is on my shoulders.  And I really enjoy hearing God's gift of song about his endless love for his children.

Remember this: "your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And, your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace." (unknown source)
7/1/2011 8:22:34 AM
Kristina United States
Kristina
It's Cincinnati........FYI
7/1/2011 2:49:40 PM
Cheryl Dewald United States
Cheryl Dewald
Lisa,
Of all the GREAT things you linked us to today, you didn't link us to John David's AWESOME birthday song. I laughed, and clapped and cried...what a GREAT moment to have captured.  Thank you SO very much for sharing it with us.

Much love~
Cheryl
7/2/2011 7:38:03 PM
Alison Black United States
Alison Black
As we were talking about lighting some fireworks tonight.  My 4 year old pipes up "When you light fireworks, you always need to have a bucket of water near by to put them in."  Where did you learn that, I asked?  "The lady on the radio" he says!  Guess he really does listen!
7/3/2011 4:30:23 PM
Natasha United States
Natasha
Lisa,

I was so glad to find you on facebook, and to see that you are doing well.  I saw the picture of your little boy, with you as the guest speaker in his class.  How precious he is!  I keep remembering how Central FL prayed for you before he was born.

We sure miss hearing you on Z88, but know God had other plans for you.

Thanks!!

Natasha
7/3/2011 6:20:05 PM
Keith United States
Keith
I've been very encouraged by the wonderful "things" you and Eric bring to each morning. I love you laughter, it's contageous. I smile, even laugh when you do. I'm glad to have the uplifting thoughts, stories, prayers, and and love the two of you share with your morning listeners....
7/4/2011 6:14:41 AM
Katie United States
Katie
heyy. So i just wanted to let you and Eric know that not only am I thankful for the independence of our country, but I am thankful for Klove. (Especially the morning show) YOu guys are awesome and have absolutely changed my life! I started listening just because it was the only station that came in on my walkman radio on my way to school but now i cant stop listening! I went through a very hard time without being a Christian, and because of Klove I have been for exactly a year now!!! So thanks!
7/4/2011 4:49:21 PM
Warren United States
Warren
I believe in God and Jesus, and "man" made laws (and nations) that made man lost. Stop overplaying that fact.  Women, and non-white protestants were not free and many of us are still under the boot. SLAVERY was never referenced in the constitution. So, while freedom is not free, it was also not for everybody (14 amendments later and it finally came to Black Americans on paper only).

Our nation has supported dictators, fought wars, and used the red, white, blue, and armed forces to perpetuate those lies. So, don't play a part in that....are you after ratings, or truth? July 4th celebrates our declaration of independence, it is not the birthday of America!
7/5/2011 7:13:14 AM
Heather United States
Heather
The best fireworks were in my front yard!!  Our Fourth of July tradition was shaken up this year after our beloved PawPaw died last August.  Our girls, ages 6 and 4, were feeling sad and lost wondering what we were going to do, if we weren't going to be swimming and doing fireworks with Paw Paw this year.  But, God's love and peace shone thru.  My husband took them to the fireworks stand early yesterday morning, letting them pick out their favorites.  Then after a long day of anticipation, my husband asked, "I wonder is anyone wants to do fireworks?"  The shreaks of joy were his answer.  Watching them jump, dance, wave their little flags and squeal as my husband lit each firework was a memory I'll never forget.  As we settled them into bed, my oldest daughter said,"you know mommy, I really missed doing fireworks with paw paw! But, you know what is good.  He got to watch our fireworks from heaven!"    What we thought would be an awkward, sad day, turned out to be a celebration on life and love, in our own front yard!!
7/5/2011 7:15:02 AM
michael brown United States
michael brown
the best firewoks pickwick tennessee
7/7/2011 7:33:18 PM
Emily Bohling United States
Emily Bohling
Love the trip finder.  Thanks!