Jul 18 2011

Super Burger (aka Jon David Williams)

In the midst of a busy, difficult weekend (my husband lost both his grandmothers this week), our sons made us laugh so many times.  For instance, my 4-year-old Jon David informed us last night that he was Super Burger with super powers to provide hamburgers for anyone who needs one. :) Funny, sweet, innocent joy in the midst of it all.  Children are a gift from God.  - Lisa

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (18) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/18/2011 6:30:08 AM
Carol Blair United States
Carol Blair
Lisa,
I was listening to K-love And Heard Your Story About Your Husband Losing Both His Grandmothers Just Days Apart From Each Other.  And That's Is Simply A Tragedy.I'm So Sorry For Your Family's Loss.  But Your Son Turning Into Super Burger Is Just Too Cute I'm Saving His Picture Of Super Burger As My Desktop Background.
Carol
7/18/2011 6:34:53 AM
D'Arcy Chapman United States
D'Arcy Chapman
I have a 3 year old grandson and I can just see him running around in that costume wanting to save the world.  That is just too cute.  My condolences to you and your family at this time.  My son's mother-in-law passed away this week and we week after a long battle with parkinsons and arthritis.  She was such an inspiration and insisted that her service be a celebration, and that it was.  The Lord was glorified.  God Bless You and yours.
7/18/2011 6:39:05 AM
Sarah Rowe United States
Sarah Rowe
In 2006, my family suffered a huge loss when my maternal grandmother passed away after a long and difficult battle with cancer. My cousin Andy has the only 2 great-grandchildren and they were up as often as time and finances allowed. During one visit, Niah (just 3 at the time) stated that she wanted to see Jesus with "old" grandma (this is the way that the great-grandkids distinguished between my aunt and grandmother). She had donned a pair of my grandmother's high-heeled shoes and some of her costume jewelry and she was ready. Of course, she was told that she couldn't go. She stomped her foot and proclaimed, "But I'll be good!"  Children definitely make a difference during a difficult time...She made us forget for just one minute just how serious the situation was.
7/18/2011 6:59:36 AM
CINDY MURPHY United States
CINDY MURPHY
your AWESOME Jon David !!!!!!!!!!
7/18/2011 7:03:05 AM
Paul Warner United States
Paul Warner
Super-Burger, I have some questions for you. Do you ever need extra mustard or ever run out of ketchup? Maybe you need to periodically refill on cheese. I wonder what kind of cheese you use? American? Pepper jack? Mozzarella? And does your pickle supply run low every now and then? What about your tomato supply? And lettuce? How many slabs of beef can you use at one time? Two? One? Possibly even three? What kind of bread do you need to function properly? Sourdough? Regular? Maybe its a secret? And, speaking of secrets, do you have a secret ingredient? I ran out of questions now, so think about those questions, but just don't answer them.
7/18/2011 7:06:17 AM
Tara United States
Tara
You don't have to be "Super" to be a Hero, just have an open caring heart. Laughing

As to the "Burger" part... you are what you eat? Tong

My condolences to your family. I know loss can hurt, I lost my father a few years ago and my brother (38) in April this year.

There is nothing like the presence of small children to help remind you, no matter what - life goes on. Laughing

(eveningstaraglow.blogspot.com/.../...nd-worms.html)

- Tara
7/18/2011 7:07:38 AM
Tara United States
Tara
7/18/2011 7:22:23 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
I love this. I can always find joy when I am around my niece who is now 4 years old. She is so innocent and sees the good in everything around her.
7/18/2011 7:36:25 AM
Sherry United States
Sherry
My condolenscences to your family.  I just read your post about Super Burger.  He reminds me of my son, who has an Asperger's dx.  God certainly sent him to us to keep us laughing!  God Bless and Keep you all.
7/18/2011 8:08:59 AM
Sarah Nelson United States
Sarah Nelson
I know kids can help make life a lot better in hard times.
My prayers out to the family during this hard time.
7/18/2011 8:12:29 AM
Sarah Nelson United States
Sarah Nelson
One more thing: about 4 yrs ago, my Grandpa passed away after a long time of being sick. but then 2 days later. My beautiful daughter was born and she was our first. It was of time of different emotions.So yes, kids can make hard time better, and it is a wonderful gift they have.
7/18/2011 12:53:15 PM
Megan United States
Megan
I have to say that I was quite humored by your super-hero Monday declaration.  Yesterday, as my husband and I were driving to church, he turns to me and says, "So if you could possess ANY super power, what would it be?"  I just laughed... who thinks of that at 6:45 am?!  My husband does apparently (one reason I love him).  Thus this question became the morning discussion among all of our fellow band memebers.  Smile  (I called my husband this morning to tell him that K-Love declared it super hero Monday, and he said (and I quote) "AWESOME!"  You will be our prayer family for the day today.
7/18/2011 5:14:09 PM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
So sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
7/19/2011 8:02:17 AM
Karen Pophin United States
Karen Pophin
I have just heard your sister-in-laws story.  "Blessings" has meant so much to me as I come to the end of a very difficult time in my life.  In this new chapter, God's has prepared the way for me to return to school.  In Waco,TX there has been little rain in the past few months.  Yesterday, it began to rain.  I stepped out onto my patio into the rain and rejoiced in the moment's blessing. I raised my hands to the heavens and giggled in the sense of His renewal.  Lisa's story brought tears to my eyes as realize God's goodness in the midst of trouble.
7/19/2011 8:03:16 AM
Kay United States
Kay
Lisa,  My sympathy go out for you and your husband and his family.  You will be in my prayers.

Though:  Tears are okay.  If they weren't God wouldn't have given them to us.

7/19/2011 3:28:17 PM
james frye United States
james frye
Lisa me and my family listen to you everyday,And you are a big part of our family now,Amy Bauman goes to our church we are so blessed ,Our prayers are with you and your Husband during the time of mourning,God Bless we love you K-Love.
7/21/2011 7:30:14 PM
Regina United States
Regina
Lisa,
     Condolences to you and your husband and family.
In the midst of sorrow, children make everything
all the better.  They are so innocent and certainly
a gift from God in Jesus'name. Your story about
your son John David being super burger is precious.
His picture is priceless in his super burger costume. Yes, children are so special and truly
light up the world. Thank you and Klove, I listen
to you and klove all the time.
                                 Regina