Jul 22 2011

Dave Mullins shares about his brother Rich

Here's the movie trailer for the movie Dave Mullins mentioned this morning coming out about his brother Rich Mullins...

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (17) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/22/2011 6:35:47 AM
Paula United States
Paula
I went to high school with Rich Mullins.  He was a genuine christian then and an example in everything he did.
7/22/2011 6:45:17 AM
Evie United States
Evie
LOVED his music; so encouraging in my walk with Christ. *Screen Door on a Submarine* is a favorite...especially with the cup stacking! Also, *That Where I am There You May Also Be* and *Who is God Gonna Use*
7/22/2011 6:47:06 AM
Patrica United States
Patrica
At the lowest time in my life, I heard Awesome God on the radio.  That song brought me to my knees and brought me back to Jesus.  I bought every CD I could find with Rich on it; and was shocked when I discovered he had passed away six months before.  One day, I hope to see him in Heaven and thank him for his ministry while on earth.

To this day, Rich is my favorite Christian singer and Awesome God is my favorite song.
7/22/2011 6:48:55 AM
Yvette United States
Yvette
Dave... I just want to tell you...  if you follow the leadership of Christ, and speak what he would have you speak, at the moment he would have you speak it.... it's almost impossible to follow "speech outlines".   The best sermons I have heard have been the ones where a minister has allowed God to speak through them and had nothing in front of them but the scripture that was laid on their heart 5 minutes ago.  God bless you in your willingness to follow his guidance.  No professor can know what God has in store for an individual and how God will use someone.
7/22/2011 6:49:10 AM
Carla United States
Carla
Grew up as a young adult with Rich Mullins, still have his albums and cassettes - what a wonderful ministry. Love it when I still hear his music played on the radio.  Thanks for having this interview on your show this morning.
7/22/2011 7:00:05 AM
Valeri Kim Cousins-Shaffer United States
Valeri Kim Cousins-Shaffer
I grew up listening to Rich Mullins. Our church began a Contemporary Service on alot ov his music!!! I've seen him every time he came to Michigan. Loved his concerts. Rich's concert in Redford Mi, at Temple Baptist Church in 90' or 93'
and he made rain fall in through the audiance by snapping fingers, patting our legs, it was AWESOME!! My husband 1st christian concert and he was sold on Rich Mullins... Miss his music so very much...
7/22/2011 7:02:09 AM
Greg United States
Greg
This is amazing !!!!  I just posted an entry on one of my blogs yesterday about Rich Mullins.

fatmansreligion.blogspot.com/.../rich-mullins.html

7/22/2011 7:20:16 AM
Ellen Jones United States
Ellen Jones
What a great idea to tell the story of Rich's walk with Christ!  The world is hungry for role models who honor The Lord with their lives.  His music lives on because it is filled with Eternal truths and this generation desperately needs to hear that.  Thank you for your work and perseverance in making this movie a reality.
7/22/2011 7:40:01 AM
Amy United States
Amy
Thank you for the cardboard testimony encouragement! Mine would be, "you and your husband are disqualified for ministry because of your personality" - 10 years later we've led thousands to Christ in Kenya, Grenada, and God is moving MIGHTILY - thank you Jesus that YOU QUALIFY US because without You we could do nothing, but we can do ALL THINGS through Christ Jesus who gives us strength! - thanks again, Lisa and David; GOD BLESS YOU!
7/22/2011 7:58:38 AM
Kevin United States
Kevin
The first time I heard Rich Mullins was when I saw his video on CCM T.V. The God Isreal loves you in America (I think that is the title). Though he is gone. He is not really gone. He went to be with the Lord God Almighty, leaving behind great songs of praise and worship to the Lord. I still love his music Creed is my favorite. May God's comfort never leave his family.
7/22/2011 8:08:31 AM
Jason United States
Jason
I missed the interview with Dave Mullins on this morning's Lisa & Eric show. (Bummer!)  I love the music of Rich Mullins (still my absolute favorite), but I am confused by and disappointed with the movie trailer.  Who is the gentleman featured in the trailer?  The uninitiated are left to think it's Rich Mullins speaking. Artistically, IMO, the shots and editing are impressive, but I'm not sure what the trailer is trying to communicate about the late, great Rich Mullins nor what the focus of the movie will be.  I love the idea of a movie about Rich's life, and I am hoping & praying for the best!
7/22/2011 9:41:15 AM
Robert United States
Robert
Thank you for having Dave Mullins on this morning. I grew up in Wichita, KS and became familiar with Rich's music early on in my Christian walk. I did not see him in concert, but my uncle saw him a couple of times and said he was like none other! Rich's music is still some of my very favorite praise music.
7/22/2011 9:47:32 AM
Rosalind Daily United States
Rosalind Daily
Thank you so much for sharing this today, Dave and Lisa. I'm a 55 year old Christian, known the Lord for 35 years, but I wasn't in a "circle" of Christians that knew or shared Rich Mullen. I feel really repentant about that now... But his life (I watched the whole video about him on YouTube) is now impacting me and I ordered 3 of his CDs. I have a son who was homeless for 3 years and I plan to share Rich's music with him. I believe his songs/poetry and life will touch many still.
7/22/2011 2:22:42 PM
Louie Colon United States
Louie Colon
Lisa,

Thanks for sharing the cardboard video from Dave Mullins church. I don't know how anyone could watch that and not be moved. It was all I could do to hold back the tears of joy for some of those people. We have an awesome God who loves us very much and wants nothing more than to have a relationship with us. Keep doing what you are doing and may God continue to use your radio ministry.
7/22/2011 7:18:03 PM
Sharon West United States
Sharon West
I am so excited that the movie is back on to be done. Thank you for having Dave Mullins on the air to help spread the word. We need to be praying for this movie and the new generation to know the story of Rich's life.

Brennon Manning is the man talking in the preview, many of us older Ragamuffins know that but not the younger folks.
7/22/2011 8:21:33 PM
Jeffery Fehr United States
Jeffery Fehr
I love Rich's music and what his stands for in the glory of God. I want to get some of his music for my collection to share with my christian friends. I pray his movie goes far and opens peoples eyes to our Lord our God.
7/23/2011 7:11:14 PM
Lisa Williams United States
Lisa Williams
thank you for all the comments about how Dave's interview blessed you - i'm very happy that some of you are interested now (or reminded of) Rich's music.  maybe it's a good time to revisit some of his songs and remember what we've forgotten about the love of God.  hugs, Lis