Jul 24 2011

Greatest Moments - The voices behind the music

We've had some incredible guests over the last few years, and many were from some of the artists who play the music on K-LOVE. Check out some of our favorite moments from them:

David Crowder Band
Seeing his face in a Mexican newspaper:

Running into Richard Simmons at the airport:

Matthew West
The 2011 Next Great Love Song and the story behind it (read the story):

His encounter with a cabin mouse and the mouse's Twitter account:

Eric dreaming of Matthew West as a nutritionist:

Chris August:
His Candy Wrap

Third Day
Mac Powell and the guys from Third Day visited Jake McConahay, a little boy with stage 4 cancer. We were able to make Jake's wish come true of giving 1,000 Pillow Pets to sick children at Riley's Children's Hospital.

See the photos of our visit with Jake

7/26/2011 5:05:58 AM
Cynthia Dickerson United States
Cynthia Dickerson
Loving the candy song!! I immediately thought of my husband and son!! LOL I played it for them when I got home. My husband said oh your funny! hehe and my little guy...21 months old went immediately to the place he knows where the MnM's are kept! Thanks for the smile this morning!! God Bless you both and Klove!
7/26/2011 6:05:59 AM
sonia rodriguez United States
sonia rodriguez
i can remember the first morning lisa came on to fill the morning.you both are so much more than just voices on the air you are family.God has used you both to impact lives. ifeel like this journey wasnt just for lisa and eric but for so much more, including my self.you both are an inspiration. i am so sad that i wont wake up to hearing you both pray but i know God is going to do wonderous things for you both.God Bless you both and if you are ever in Saginaw, Michigan feel free to stop by 1719 stone st. it would be a privelege to meet you both in person.

Sonia Rodriguez
7/26/2011 6:37:51 AM
Donna United States
Donna
About a year ago, I felt God leading me in  different direction.  He had been "setting me up" for several years, but I just hadn't figured it out.  His timing wasn't quite right until then.  It was; however, a very different direction from a financial perspective, for sure.  I left my six figure job to start my own business, in the same discipline, but where I could control the care and service that "our" clients received.  I kept asking my husband who was my major source of encouragement on this earth, "how can we do this"?  We are not wealthy by any means and we do have debt, but he said, he felt strongly that this was the mission that we were to pursue.  So, I gave my notice, left the security of a very nice paycheck and at the beginning of this year, I walked into our new office.  An office and service that everyone in our country needs and secures, but with the intent to serve my client in a manner that was morally and ethically sound.  The first few years of a new business are typically tough financially and there are times that I leave my mind drift and wonder how we are surviving financially, but each month the finances of the company, as well as our personal finances are paid - including our tithing - which I'm certain is key in this endeavor.  There is no doubt that God is leading me.  My job, because it is our own company, allows me to serve as a mission in many ways, and I'm blessed, I'm certain because I heard and listened to God's direction.  My husband said, you've been talking about doing this for 25 years and it's time you trusted in God and took a leap of faith and simply do it.

There are days when I drift off and say, Lord, what have I done.  But, each time this happens, He sends my eyes to a placque on my desk that reads:  "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11" or my magnet that says, "Be strong and couragous."  Simple reminders that bring me back in line.

I may never again earn the salary that I once earned, but I'm happy, I'm driven and I'm blessed so what more could I ask for.

Although I, along with many others, will miss hearing your encouragement in the mornings you will not be forgotten because of the many blessings you have brought to your listeners.  You will remain in our hearts. I wish you both all of the blessings and happiness that can be while you follow God's will for your life.

May God continue to bless your lives.

Donna
7/26/2011 6:42:09 AM
Nina Sullivan United States
Nina Sullivan
Dear Lisa and Eric;

I am so sad to learn the news that you are leaving, but am exceptionally excited for you.  God will bless you for being obedient, as unnerving as it may be to do so.  I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such a source of comfort, joy, peace and motivation since I have been listening to your morning show for the past 2 years.  I cannot tell you the number of days the songs you have played, or the words you have spoken have touched me in the deepest places of my heart.  The stories you have shared have been inspirational and challenging.  It's easy for us as listeners to associate what God is doing with you two specifically, so this step you are taking will push us to give God the glory for what KLove is doing.  Although it is true that God deserves the glory, you all had to be a willing vessel for what God has been doing through you, so for that, I am truly grateful.  Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you both on this new journey.

God Bless,

Nina Sullivan
Wilmington, NC
7/26/2011 9:57:25 AM
Cynthia Egbunonu Canada
Cynthia Egbunonu
HI Lisa and Eric, I just want to thank you both for your great spirit on the morning show. I listen to you both most times at work when I have internet as I am unable to connect on the radio. I believe God has great plans for you both and we would love to hear more in the future of how you both are changing lives in your path. Thank you so much for all your words, even though I didn't know you tow personally, i always felt like I had family there who go through what I am going through. Lisa, your stories about your boys have always helped me as I have a 3 year old son with so much energy. I will miss you guys, my heart sank when I saw/heard the news but I know there is a greater purpose for this. God bless you both. My family loves you and will miss you.
7/26/2011 10:53:42 AM
Heather F. Vipperman United States
Heather F. Vipperman
It has been amazing listening to you laugh and cry with all of us as Christian music blessed your lives.  I took the jump to be at home and still look for God's provisions everyday.  Still waiting for more direction, but spending my time on the kids is worth every minute.  My 8 year old daughter made her profession of faith this summer.  I knew she was ready when we heard "O Glorious Day" on KLove and she could not stop crying.  She really understood what the song was talking about.  What a blessing you have been.  You will be missed.
7/26/2011 11:39:31 AM
Kay Bowe United States
Kay Bowe
Hi Lisa & Eric.  I feel like I'm saying goodbye to close friends.  I was amazed to find myself shedding tears at the thought of not spending my mornings with you two anymore.  However it is with excitement that I pray for your next adventures with God.  You have helped me grow in my relationship with God and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. Our God is so good and awesome.  He has blessed me through you.  I will miss you both and will keep you in my prayers.  May God continue to bless and grow you.
7/26/2011 12:41:24 PM
jessica United States
jessica
Lisa and Eric - what will I do on my hour commute to work every morning for laughs!  I loved your show and the "Football for Dummies - No Offense, God Bless You" segment earlier this year.  I live not far from Pittsburgh, PA and always enjoyed listening to you try to pronounce Ben Roethlisberger's name.  You are both so funny.  Eric, you may be quiet and timid, but you are one of those people that when they talk you should listen because they always have something funny to say.  I enjoyed seeing Eric dance with Mandisa - what a blast! I just loved how you were so open and honest about your personal walks with God and I am truly going to miss listening to you every morning.  I have to say my heart sank when I visited the web site yesterday and saw that this was your last week.  I think shock then huge disappointment was my reaction.  God bless you both for listening to His voice and leading and fully trusting His will for your life.  God bless and keep you and your families.  Keep the K-Love family posted on what's going on with you.
7/26/2011 2:29:15 PM
Gunnar United States
Gunnar
I too was heart heavy when I saw that you guys would be leaving K-Love. I enjoyed your show nearly every morning and I know God used you guys.
Thanks for doing all that you did to advance His kingdom, and bring some fun and humor into peoples mornings.
If you can, I (and I know others)would enjoy hearing from y'all as possible. Thanks so much.
God bless you and your families.
7/27/2011 2:41:27 PM
Amaris United States
Amaris
Your(Both) leaving us..but with a great testimony..heeding God's direction..and obeying His will..what encouragement your leaving us with.We will also remember all the fun and silly moments.And all the heartfelt and sensitive moments as well.I never heard such prayerful DJ's in my life...I feel like I am losing close friends.Words cannot express the gratitude I feel.Lisa I remembered the first week you were on KLOVE, and I said to myself I love this girl!! Eric I dunno when you started but you always were so good in finding the right words in each moment.You guys were good together on the show!!I hope they find funny,silly, but prayerful real people like you!! May God shower blessings and protect you and your family both in your new chapter of life...Smile~Amaris~
7/27/2011 3:59:55 PM
tiffany United States
tiffany
Lisa & Erica lots of great things while they were working at klove and i think they'll do lots of great things even after thay leave klove. Even though i've only listened to klove for a short time, I can tell they really loved their jobs and did their best to be a great exxample of God. They'll be missed God bless yall 8^P
7/27/2011 4:10:55 PM
Michele United States
Michele
Lisa & Eric  You have brighened up my morning commute to work over the past 21/2 years.  Your encouragement and playing the right songs at the right times for me has helped me through many tough times, especially the last two weeks with the tragic death of my niece Amy Ann in a horrible car accident.
I can understand Lisa's decision to be a full time mom, it is a decision I made over 30 years ago and I do not regret that decision at all.  My three sons are grown and married with families of their own  and they would love to be able to afford to have their wives stay at home with their children.

Lisa & Eric,you will be missed.  May God Bless you as you travel this new road each of you havbe decided to follow.
7/29/2011 9:08:27 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
I knew I was going to love Lisa when I heard her tell the story about how she tucked her camera under her arm to lift her son out of a swing, but then the camera lens was shutting and pinching the skin under her arm!  I laughed so hard and have been laughing with Lisa and Eric ever since!  I knew you guys made a great team during a pledge drive when Lisa promised that if the goal was reached, Eric would rap!  I had tears running down my face, I laughed so hard!  Poor Eric! Smile You will both be sorely missed.  I feel like I am losing close friends.  But at the same time, I'm so happy for you both that you have made a good decision to follow God's will for your life.  I pray that He will bless you as you move forward in Him.
8/2/2011 12:29:46 PM
Bree14 United States
Bree14
they are more then just voices there family