Nov 08 2011

What is a Kankelfritz?

Thank you so much for such a warm welcome!  People are asking me and Amy "What on earth is a Kankelfritz?"  So, we thought we would give you an opportunity to define "what is a Kankelfritz?" Example, the name Kankelfritz sounds like a crunchy snack mix. Share your thoughts here or on our Facebook Page.

How many friends, real friends, do you actually have? Share here or on our Facebook Page.
If asked how many friends you have, some may have trouble distinguishing between the lengthy list of Facebook friends and those close pals you confide in. Well, it turns out, Americans' lists of the close type has shrunk to two, down from three confidantes 25 years ago, a new study suggests.

Share how a parent or someone creatively loved you as a child. Tell us here or on our Facebook Page.
Moms love their children, there’s no doubt about that.  But, in the busyness of our mom-life, we can forget to do the little things that let our children know how we feel.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (28) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/8/2011 5:53:40 AM
Wendy F United States
Wendy F
Where can I find the infomration you read on air today about Only for Now?
11/8/2011 5:58:16 AM
Beth United States
Beth
Where can I find the infomration you read on air today about Only for Now?
11/8/2011 5:58:37 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
Same question that Wendy asked?  where can i find the post on Only for Now?
11/8/2011 6:09:35 AM
Linda United States
Linda
So do tell, what is a Kankelfritz?  Is it some kind of disease? Should we be vaccinated against it?  Will listening to the Morning Show soothe our symptoms or make them worse?  I hope you have anwsers! Smile
11/8/2011 6:16:04 AM
MarvaJo United States
MarvaJo
Your son is adorable!!
11/8/2011 6:49:59 AM
Donna C United States
Donna C
Where can I find "Only For Now" post?
Thanks
11/8/2011 7:07:32 AM
Jacquelyn Oldham United States
Jacquelyn Oldham
I know what a Kankelfritz is and I'm excited to hear he is on KLOVE!
This morning I was driving to work and heard the new morning show and when I heard the Fritz coming out of KLOVE I smiled and got so excited and called my husband to tell him. My family and I are from Houston and used to listen to Mike every morning on KSBJ! He had a huge influence on my husband "converting" to christian radio! We now live in Scottsdale, AZ and this morning it felt so comforting to have a small piece of home with me in the car! How is Abby Grace and your beautiful little boy? I remember when your wife was pregnant with him, my how fast they grow!
Can you tell I'm just a little excited to have you on KLOVE! Thank you KLOVE for the Kankelfritz!
11/8/2011 7:10:48 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Kankelfritz sounds like a crunchy caramel popcorn Tong lol

That's what it sounds like to me Smile haha
11/8/2011 7:33:49 AM
Eldon McCully United States
Eldon McCully
What city are you working from?
11/8/2011 7:43:17 AM
Wendy F United States
Wendy F
The poem JUST FOR NOW is on their morning facebook page.
11/8/2011 7:47:33 AM
Allison Hines United States
Allison Hines
I just heard the end of a segment on the radio this morning about tough transitions and the words of a song came to my mind and I wanted to share them. I think the song is by Rich Mullins (oldie but goody): Hold Me Jesus.

The lyrics that popped into my head became my prayer for you guys:

"Hold me Jesus cause I'm shaking like a leaf. You have been Kind of my glory now be my Prince of Peace."

May Jesus be your Prince of Peace during this time in every moment that you need it.

Thanks for all you do!
11/8/2011 8:08:12 AM
denise United States
denise
How do we get the poem "only for now" if we do not have a facebook page?
11/8/2011 8:08:46 AM
Terri United States
Terri
To me  Kankelfritz sounds like a muppet or stuffed animal.  Based on the above comment from Jacquelyn I'm guessing this is your last name? Initially I thought it was your first name and wondered who would chose such a strange name for a child.  Being a sirname makes much more sense.  Good to hear you all. May I ask what happened to Lisa and Eric?
11/8/2011 8:10:43 AM
Daedra United States
Daedra
Same question that Wendy, Beth and Debbie asked?  Where can I find the post on Only for Now?
11/8/2011 8:44:26 AM
Anthony United States
Anthony
Would love to know where that poem "only for now" is found online! Thanks!
11/8/2011 9:04:06 AM
Cynthia Jacinto United States
Cynthia Jacinto
Please....can you tell me where I can find the poem you read on air regarding transition?  I love it!  I need to print it out and post throughout my home and on my desk at work.
11/8/2011 10:10:41 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
The poem JUST FOR NOW (not only for now) is on they're Facebook page. Not here
11/8/2011 10:41:30 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
I'm not on facebook.  Would someone post "Just for Now" here?  I thought they said it would be on the Morning show home page at K-Love.com and facebook.
11/8/2011 10:52:33 AM
Teresa United States
Teresa
Just for now. The challenge you are facing is just for now. The joy you are celebrating is just for now. The tide never remains in. It recedes to return again. Inhale and give thanks for your blessing. Exhale and release your burden. They are here just for now.
11/8/2011 12:49:01 PM
Jane United States
Jane
Same as Wendy's question...been searching all day for it.  "Where can I find the infomration you read on air today about Only for Now?"  Thanks, Jane
11/8/2011 3:26:29 PM
Chris United States
Chris
Jane, Teresa posted it in the post right before yours, but here it is in more of a prose form:

Just for now.
The challenge you are facing is just for now.
The joy you are celebrating is just for now.
The tide never remains in.
It recedes to return again.
Inhale and give thanks for your blessing.
Exhale and release your burden.
They are here just for now.
11/8/2011 5:46:37 PM
Liz United States
Liz
On Monday before I walked into my doctors appointment I heard your names when they said Kankelfritz, I said to myself what is a Kankelfritz?   All that came to my mind was a German person with Cankles (you know, a persons' calf muscle going into the ankle and you don't know where the calf muscle ends and the ankle begins).
Sorry Smile it is a rather catchy name and it has stuck in my brain!
11/9/2011 6:54:38 AM
Fay United States
Fay
Can' we please just call you Mike? Please.
11/9/2011 6:49:35 PM
Gail United States
Gail
Hi Mike, What a surprise it was to click on K-Love's website & see your photo. What a blast to know you've joined such an awesome organization.I pray the Lord will continue to bless you & your family in this new adventure.
Sincerely,
Gail KSBJ listener (well, when I'm not catching K-Love online Smile
11/10/2011 1:39:58 PM
Rachel United States
Rachel
What kind of name is that anyhow?
11/10/2011 5:48:59 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
I thought it was a cat Smile
11/11/2011 3:48:30 PM
Margie United States
Margie
I'm with Jessica.  Kankelfritz sounds like a doting owner's nickname for an exotic cat.
11/12/2011 9:15:25 AM
Lina United States
Lina
My son and I listen to the morning show on the way to school and thoroughly enjoy it!  I asked my son how he would define a Kankelfritz and he said it sounded like fish food.  I told him it sounded like a disease from Africa.  Just the other night I was carpooling my son and his 3 friends to football practice, during the ride I asked the boys if they new what a Kankelfritz was and this was the response I got:  1) sounds like a pretzel 2) I think it's a cereal 3) sounds like a canker sore on an ankle that's frizzy!  Love the creative minds of our future generation!