Nov 14 2011

I Own My Ride

After riding in Craig's car this weekend, Kankelfritz was a bit frightened by the experience. Craig's answer.....I own it! ?

Enjoy this rap that Craig created!

Interested in cooking a dishwasher turkey this Thanksgiving? Here's a site with all the info! http://www.appliance.net/2009/cook-your-holiday-turkey-in-the-dishwasher-1539

The games kids like to play... Can you guess what is one the most popular games among children today? Amy thought Angry Birds, Kankelfritz was going with Solitaire, and Craig thought it was Parcheesi. The answer? Hide and Go Seek. The reason? Kids love hiding yes, BUT they love being found. We got to thinkin'…we all were lost at one point, but have now been found… by Him!"

Amy truly sparkled today in the studio. Looks like her Christmas spirit is already showing in her fashion choices!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (41) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/14/2011 6:19:22 AM
nick United States
nick
I'm with you on the car thing Craig. A car is to get from point a to point b. It is bad enough that we have to pay 4.00 a gallon. why should we pay a lot of interest on something that will rust apart before the payments are complete?
11/14/2011 6:22:07 AM
nick United States
nick
by the way, don't quit your day job!
11/14/2011 6:42:08 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
My car won't rust before the payments are done. Smile But I do understand the point. This song was cute, probably displays a lot of facts for people these days. I pray that those with rusted out AAA owned cars could get from point A to point B without too much trouble. ;)
11/14/2011 7:39:35 AM
terry maguire United States
terry maguire
why wont kanklefritz refer to himself with his first name? I guess sometimes we may be called by our LAST name, but not when your introducing your self to some one (such as Amy's mom)or new people.

I beleive kanklefritz is hiding some issues he left behind at his last radio station? and if this is the issue we need to confess this.

after all we are representing our Lord, so lets be honest in all situations.

thank you and God Bless.

Terry
11/14/2011 7:51:47 AM
Melissa United States
Melissa
I loved your "I Own My Ride" rap. Hilarious! Great job. And ps: I like your name, it's cute. You guys are doing a great job with the new morning show.
11/14/2011 7:53:35 AM
Angie United States
Angie
I loveed the "I Own My Ride" Rap!!! that was just great.. had a much needed laugh!! Thanks for sharing it!!
11/14/2011 7:57:51 AM
MARIO United States
MARIO
Thanks for the laughs. Good clean fun.
God Bless
11/14/2011 7:58:09 AM
Hope United States
Hope
Amazing rap! You sound just like the guy off of the movie lifted that raps with his boy Smile If you havent seen this movie it is a must see! very sad tho
11/14/2011 8:00:16 AM
Jesse United States
Jesse
Hilarious! Thanks for the morning laugh.
11/14/2011 8:05:02 AM
LUPE PINEDA United States
LUPE PINEDA
I have been telling people that for years. me and my 91 Chevy S-10, better known as Lil Red, can cruise with the best of them. Thanks for the laugh, God Bless
11/14/2011 8:08:53 AM
Nora United States
Nora
Fantastic! I loved it...and it was a timely reminder to me to be thankful for my 12 year old truck that still runs great...and is owned free and clear!  Thanks!
11/14/2011 8:31:35 AM
Mary from TN United States
Mary from TN
I love the song "I own my ride".  I was driving down the road and just had to laugh out loud when I heard it since I could relate to it.  My husband Dennis and I pay cash for our cars and we carry AAA.  Thank you from those of us who own our cars.  We now have a song.  I love the morning show thank you and may God continue to bless you.
11/14/2011 8:35:32 AM
Audrey Myers United States
Audrey Myers
I LOVE this song!!!  Totally made my morning and reminded me of my loan officer hubby! HEHE!  Smile  Can't wait for him to hear this song!  God Bless!
11/14/2011 9:12:49 AM
Christy United States
Christy
Thank you for the laugh.  My friends call my 97 Lincoln a "ghetto Cruiser" and it has its issues, but it's paid for!

To Terry commenting on Kanklefritz...What business is it of yours? Last I heard ALL PEOPLE are sinners, whether he is or not...Thats why we have a SAVIOR.  As long as he is right with the Lord RIGHT NOW, that is what matters.   Get off your Christian Country Club Soap Box and Look in the Mirror.  We are called to LOVE one another, not Judge.

11/14/2011 9:21:30 AM
Wanda Smith United States
Wanda Smith
My son and I were laughing all the way to school about this!!!! So good!!!!
God Bless! My other son drives a 87 chrysler . So we can relate!!!! Can you put it up so we can share it on Facebook?
11/14/2011 9:43:31 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
thanks for the laugh at the AAA owns my car lineSmile
11/14/2011 9:44:16 AM
Josefina Saucedo United States
Josefina Saucedo
I was driving to a Dr.s app this morning with my baby girl, my husband and I have been struggling with work and finances, was feeling sorry for myself when I heard this song. It made me laugh, u see we own a mini van and the song described it perfectly. Its our we own it its been faithfully chugging along. joke around here is that the moment we get rid of it, it will no longer work because God in his  mercy keeps it working for us. God bless you guys thanks for making me smile.
11/14/2011 9:47:36 AM
Melissa Williamson United States
Melissa Williamson
You guys had me ROLLING with laughter this morning and this rap thing!  I was just thinking about checking out new minivans (as mine gets some serious wear & tear!).  Then, bam!  I hear this and I'm like, thank you Jesus for speaking to me.  Just what I needed to hear.  It's PAID for!!!  Loving you guys! Smile
11/14/2011 10:53:54 AM
Della Pottinger United States
Della Pottinger
This reminds me so much of my best friend Vic. He just loves his old ugly cars. I pick on him all the time. He buys a new one every week and they just keep getting more ugly but they do run. I tell him its an addiction but i just think he has such a big heart for those ugly cars that he has to bring them home. Some one has to love them. This song was so funny. Laughed so hard! I enjoy listening to your station. It is so up lifting and brought me closer to God. Thankyou.
11/14/2011 11:07:13 AM
Susan Vordermark United States
Susan Vordermark
If you don't call and put that "Own My Ride" on Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" web site we are all missing out! To funny. . .and right up Dave's alley.
11/14/2011 1:57:43 PM
Kelhe United States
Kelhe
Ramsey would be SO proud...and I agree...you need to send it to Ramsey...we were all in tears listening to it for we can all relate Smile
11/14/2011 3:01:25 PM
Tammy Youngblood United States
Tammy Youngblood
My husband and I are a bit confused.  We are from the Houston area -- KSBJ area.  When Kanklefritz announced he was leaving, we honstly thought he said he was going to work for some type of non-profit or religious-based business in IN.  It never sounded like he was moving onto a different radio station.

Sunday we were driving back from the Texas Hill Country and listening to K-Love.  We hard an "advertisement" for the morning show, heard Kanklefritz's voice then his name.  We were like "what"?

We feel a bit betrayed.  Probably not many KSBJ listeners know he moved from KSBJ to another radio station because we can't get K-Love in the Houston area unless it's streamed in.  But, if other KSBJ listeners knew he really moved from one station to another, they may feel betrayed as well.

Why didn't he just say he was going to a different radio station?

Blessings,
Tammy
11/14/2011 5:42:32 PM
Janet United States
Janet
You gave me a good laugh this morning too. Very funny! Thanks!
11/14/2011 5:45:53 PM
Jamie United States
Jamie
LOVE this! Thanks! Nothing like a good chuckle first thing in the morning Smile Keep driving happilySmile
11/14/2011 6:07:25 PM
kathy United States
kathy
you are talking about my car!!  it runs good, paid for, not to pretty, but gets me where I'm going..thanks for the laugh!! made my moring..blessings
11/14/2011 6:17:16 PM
Diane Sparks United States
Diane Sparks
This morning as I was on my way to dropping my daughter off at Kindergarten I heard, "I own my ride".  My goodness, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.  I do own my ride and was loving the fact that I didn't have a car loan.  Lo and behold, I dropped her off and went to pick up a few items at Target with my 2yr old in tow.

As I exited the parking lot my car died right in the middle of an intersection.  A nice gentleman came along and pushed me to the side of the road.  I guess God has a sense of humor, I was just a little too prideful.  Now Brakes Plus owns my ride! Smile  Next time I hear your song, I'll just do an inside chuckle instead of a belly laugh.  Smile

Thanks,
Diane
11/14/2011 7:32:43 PM
Brenda United States
Brenda
Ok...."I Own My Ride" is my new favorite song! Can we get it in a ringtone? I have two teenage sons who can identify with this song and proudly own their...1998 Chevy Lumina and a 2002 Pontiac Bonniville... Can you please add a verse that says something about the clean carpets because the sunroof fills the floor with water everytime it rains and the windows that are glued shut because the keep falling down? Please don't forget the side mirror that is bolted on because it got knocked off backing out of our driveway or the window seal that is just hanging off the back glass!

Today proved to me that you are a great addition Kankelfritz to the morning show. Welcome!

And Tammy...K-love is a ministry. It is listener supported (which I believe means it is a non-for-profit)This is a radio station that offers worship, prayers, and counseling from a Christian perspective. I am sorry your radio lost Kankelfritz, but I am glad that we gained him! Join K-Love and you can listen to him too!

God Bless You All! And thank you for making my mornings focused on God, Craig, Amy, and Kankelfritz!
11/14/2011 8:44:37 PM
Kristin United States
Kristin
You guys are sooo funny! And guess what? I work at AAA....so you REALLY made me laugh!
11/14/2011 8:57:01 PM
tiffany United States
tiffany
My mom told me this morning she heard this song, and that I had to look it up on your website. This song made me laugh hard! My car is paid off, and I do own a AAA membership! It's so funny! LOVE THE SONG!!!
11/15/2011 7:57:28 AM
Julie United States
Julie
As I was driving my 1995 Neon that was given to me after we had to surrender our Ford Escape, file bankruptcy and nearly lose our home after my husband's business failed in 2009 ... this song made me laugh! Thank you! God is so good. The Neon wasn't running when it was given to us - we had to put a fuel pump in = paid for. So thankful for no car payments, low DMV fees, low insurance, and good gas mileage! And ... whenever it needs repair we are able to pay in cash ... no debt. Praise JESUS!
11/15/2011 1:02:57 PM
Tim Jones United States
Tim Jones
You guys need to send this to Dave Ramsey!
11/15/2011 5:09:18 PM
Bryan United States
Bryan
This is HILARIOUS!  You have a future Craig... but maintain your "day job", just to be safe.  I would think that AAA "tows (or knows) my ride" would have been better than them owning it... Thanks for the imaginative spirit.  Please don't let this be the last bit of displayed talent.  I enjoy listening to you folks.  Blessings.
11/16/2011 5:24:42 AM
Beth Ann United States
Beth Ann
I love your dress Amy! Smile and Very funny Craig!! lol

~Beth Ann
11/16/2011 11:10:53 AM
Liz United States
Liz
Love the rap!!! You three are a treat to listen to in the mornings!  Blessings upon you and your families!!
11/16/2011 4:34:30 PM
Meg United States
Meg
I loved the song "I own my ride"!  It perfectly described my late great car . . . I had a 91 Ford Escort with 200K+ miles on it . . . looked & sounded like crap, but she ran and was paid off!
Finally had to let it go 2 yrs ago when the engine was going (and the body was so rusted it wouldn't pass inspection). The song reminded me of that.

And, I love the new morning crew!

Meg
11/17/2011 7:27:47 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Wow Amy. Just WOW. lol ;)
11/17/2011 9:37:30 PM
G.F.M United States
G.F.M
Haha, I like the song Laughing
I own a 70' chevy impala that still looks pretty good and has a lot of HP but everybody jokes at me saying I own a grandma car.
I say it works and has a big engine, so I'm happy LOL.
11/18/2011 6:06:59 PM
adenike United States
adenike
This song is hilarious and funny, I cant  just stop listening to it. I own my ride too, although the truck is messed up, and am always ashamed everything I drove it, but am thankful to God at least AAA DON’T OWN it yet, because it is still drivable
11/18/2011 6:07:48 PM
adenike United States
adenike
11/18/2011 6:08:30 PM
adenike
adenike
11/23/2011 6:56:43 PM
Janel Shepherd United States
Janel Shepherd
I think a lot of people out there can relate to this song and love it!  Please post it on face book so we can share it,  very good laugh for the morningSmile