Nov 15 2011

FW: A Woman and a Fork

Got this from my uncle through a string of emails and just wanted to share it with you.

A Woman and a Fork

There was a young woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and had been given three months to live. So as she was getting her things 'in order,' she contacted her Pastor to discuss certain aspects of her final wishes.

Everything was in order and the Pastor was preparing to leave when the

Young woman suddenly remembered something very important to her.

'There's one more thing,' she said excitedly..

'What's that?' came the Pastor's reply.

'This is very important,' the young woman continued. 'I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand.'

The Pastor stood looking at the young woman, not knowing quite what to say.

That surprises you, doesn't it?' the young woman asked.

'Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled by the request,' said the Pastor.

The young woman explained.'My grandmother once told me this story, and from that time on I have always tried to pass along its message to those I love and those who are in need of encouragement. In all my years of attending socials and dinners, I always remember that when the dishes of the main course were being cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say, 'Keep your fork.' It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming...like velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something wonderful, and with substance!'

So, I just want people to see me there in that casket with a fork in

my hand and I want them towonder 'What's with the fork?' Then I want you to tell them : 'Keep your fork ..the best is yet to come.'

The Pastor knew that the young woman had a better grasp of heaven than he did. She had a better grasp of what heaven would be like than many people twice her age, with twice as much experience and knowledge. She KNEW that something better was coming.

So the next time you reachdown for your fork let it remind you, ever so gently, that the best is yet to come.

We have a solution if you would like to ear your Snuggie in the rain.

Umbrella Coat Raincoat -- Combines an Umbrella and Raincoat in One Piece of Rain Gear. abc NEWS

Did you know it's America Recyles Day? November 15 is the day - here's a site for more info: America Recycles Day!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/15/2011 6:45:26 AM
ADRIANA CASTILLO United States
ADRIANA CASTILLO
I JUST READ THE POST OF "THE WOMAN AND THE FORK",I HAVE TO SAY I LOVED IT IT WAS JUST WHAT I NEEDED THIS MORNING.I KNOW SOMETHING BETTER IS COMING SOON. THANK YOU FOR THE INSPIRING WORDS..GOD BLESS..
11/15/2011 6:57:45 AM
terry maguire United States
terry maguire
I still would like to know why Kanklefritz
will not reveal his first name??

is Mike kanklefritz hiding this? we should be
upfront and honest in our christain walk.

I beleive he is avoiding contractual issues
with his last radio station.

I think we need to ask why?

God Bless.
11/15/2011 7:48:39 AM
Jody Bellomo United States
Jody Bellomo
Yes, awesome story.  A family friend (living in Michigan) whose wife died from cancer did the same thing.  She was buried with a fork in her hand because she knew the best was yet to come.  Awesome !!!
11/15/2011 9:17:28 AM
Marya Reedy United States
Marya Reedy
I was listening this morning and just found it profound that you were talking about how many scriptures include being at the table and the feasting. That is of course all over the bible Old Testament and New. It made me realize that is why the Catholics put all their stock in the Eucharist. It is eating at the table of the Lord.
Thank you.
11/15/2011 2:49:27 PM
Nkem Chigbogwu United States
Nkem Chigbogwu
Hi I'm Nkem, I'm 12, and I listened to this song at least 100 times. I love it and if it's possible please read this on your morning show.
11/15/2011 7:20:51 PM
Alan United States
Alan
What is a Kankelfritz?  I was thinking it might be a little furry creature... with big ears?  If it's a name then you need to one day give it's history and how it came to be and make sure you keep him away from my daughters cuz I NEVER want them to have a name like that!  Heh, heh.  BTW, I love your show and have been a big AMY fan for a long time cuz I'm a Journalist and I love when she does the news (along with Jennifer).  Welcome to our mornings...keep playing more NewsBoys!
11/16/2011 4:09:44 AM
Joyce United States
Joyce
I love this post about the Woman and a fork!  I will always think of it when I use a fork! It will be a story I share this Thanksgiving dinner!  Now...I just need to come up with a delicious dessert! God Bless everyone!
11/16/2011 8:20:31 AM
Jenny United States
Jenny
First of all-this story just made my day! Thank you for sharing!
Second-I think that Terry Maguire needs to mind his own business. That comment that you made was incredibly rude. I think too many Christians justify their nosiness and gossip with the excuses, "we need to be upfront and honest" and "I need to know this private information so I know how to pray." I honestly don't know anything about this situation, and I really couldn't care less. Kankelfritz is our Christian radio DJ. He shares his faith, he listens to our stories, he prays for us, and he plays great music for us. The end. He is not our pastor. And if he does have a past with a radio station, so what? Who are you to assume that he had previous issues with his last radio station? And who are you to post it publicly for all to see? Stop spreading rumors. If you don't know the situation or understand the situation (if there even is one), then you have no right to accuse anyone of anything.
11/16/2011 8:26:05 AM
Kristin United States
Kristin
Thank you for "Woman with a fork". I loved it and sent it out to almost everyone!!! Great time of year to discover this, and a great way to express one's faith.---You three are doing great, you're a good "combo"!! A pleasure to have you on my radio!!
11/18/2011 5:55:07 AM
Jennifer Hasty United States
Jennifer Hasty
I remembered getting this in an email long ago.  A few years ago our at our Church's Christmas Coffee House I photographed a dearly loved, deaf, elderly couple.  That following year, the husband died from a sudden sickness.  I was looking through my pictures of him and noticed - he had a fork in his hand.  :,-)