Nov 30 2011

Life is Like Coffee

On another coffee note - check out this link for some other uses for coffee!  20 Unusual Uses for Coffee

Amy's little Ike said his first word and it was "Dada" - love it! Amy thinks 'Dada' is easier for a babies to say first, but Craig thought it was 'Mama' - what do you think?

11/30/2011 10:21:48 AM
J&J United States
J&J
The beautiful yet simplistic message in the coffee video is truly a wonderful philosophy for each of us who are out of focus in our lives. I read a line in a book that prompted me to observe the orange; it's more than the rind. The coffee and the orange offer two truths that remind us as to what really is important in out lives. And, how casually I take it for granted. My grandfather immigrated to this country from Europe but his vision was clear. He would say to me "what good is a beautiful bowl that has no fruit in it". Who would think the battered corpse on the cross was God?
11/30/2011 9:18:22 PM
G.F.M United States
G.F.M
Indeed, we need to focus on God and living life for Him instead of directing all our attention to the things that matter less.
12/1/2011 3:19:43 AM
Kristy alexander United States
Kristy alexander
Good morning I am a single mom with a1 yr old girl named pruedynce and a 2 yr old son named javonn prue has never said said dada but she got mama down. My son I'm not sure when he was a baby he was in foster care because of my past drug addition since god has delivered me from 13yrs of pure hell on earth now I have been clean for close to 2yrs I start my day with yall every day I love yall show, thank you for what u do I love to laugh and im always cracking up at yall. I live in tyler tx
12/1/2011 7:44:21 AM
Dean United States
Dean
Surviving Major Life Crisis... sometimes I think I'm spiritually dyslexic, because I seem to do better facing a major crisis than I do with all of the annoying little ones that I seem to face so much more often. Not saying I'd rather face a major crisis, of course. But spiritually speaking, I feel as though I've done so much better in coming through a major crisis than I have in dealing with little annoyances. These are the things that readily test my patience and stress levels. I'm sooooo thankful that God will never abandon us... not in the big things, or the little things.
12/1/2011 8:03:14 AM
Angela United States
Angela
I just wanted to add a comment about receiving.  When Jesus sent out his disciples he said in Matthew 10 to go and not to take extra clothes and things with them.  So as I thought on this I was thinking... so they will have to graciously receive the things they needed from other people.  My feeling is we need to graciously receive so the other person who is blessing us is fully blessed. Something to think about.
12/2/2011 9:40:27 AM
Linda Ann United States
Linda Ann
     Two things, first I have a really hard time receiving from stranger then family. I didn't think I did until my church did an exercise where total strangers made a basket to give to new members. At the time I was a new member. It was really tough for me to take the basket. It was a nice basket though.
     The second thing I wanted to comment on is my son's first word was No and now he's 30 years old and he's still pretty good at saying no. I ask him if he is seeing anyone, No. Am I ever going to be a Grandma, No. He is my only son. Also he sad Granny before Dada or Mama. We take care of his Grandmother.