Dec 07 2011

Best toys of all time!

Click on Craig's picture to hear "Cardboard Box 360" again!

Looking for the best toys of all time? We have the list!

1. Stick

2. Box

3. String

4. Cardboard Tube

5. Dirt

Click Here to read the full article we found.

What was your favorite "toy" that wasn't a real toy?

Men and Shopping

Kankelfritz read an article that pointed out how men find shopping stressful. But he can be trained if you go "hunting" for only one item. It's like bagging game. And you should keep shopping jaunts to 30 minutes or less with no browsing.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/7/2011 5:15:15 AM
Linda (Nemier) Schofield United States
Linda (Nemier) Schofield
Best toy that is not a toy:
Clear Tupperware bowls-
My nephews would sit on the couch, and pretend they were in a space ship. They put a bowl on their heads and while pulling them down over their faces they would yell, "Helmets on, visors down!"
12/7/2011 7:34:08 AM
Elise United States
Elise
Me twin nieces, 2 years old, love stacking my Mother's Christmas Tins. Then they take turns knocking them over, which makes a huge crashing noise! Entertains them for hours!

The best toy ever though is.... SNOW!!!!
Maine winters bring the best entertainment for everyone, no matter what the age. Sledding, snowball fights, snowshoeing, snowmobiling! My nursing home residents will sit and watch the snow fall outside the window and reminisce about walking to school in snow storms!
12/7/2011 8:04:29 AM
Tina United States
Tina
Dust bunnies!  My daughter and I used to race dust bunnies down the hall.  We blew on them!  We would laugh and giggle.  I told my friends and they were appalled.  "My children have never seen a dust bunny!"   My comment "Awwwww, think of all the fun they're missing."  i don't think I convinced her.
12/7/2011 2:11:44 PM
Chellé Wargo United States
Chellé Wargo

BELLY BUTTON!!
12/7/2011 6:33:09 PM
writing for money United States
writing for money
I came across this site from a link from facebook and wanted to let you know that i appreciate this post! I will be bookmarking this site for the future!!

xoxoxox,
Jessica
12/8/2011 7:42:21 AM
AmyRenee United States
AmyRenee
Old cool whip containers, or cottage cheese containers...pretty much all of the reusable food containers. The real tupperware was off limits, but I'd get a few of those cool whip bowls, and be a chef making stews in the backyard from grasses leaves seeds (dirt), or be a Dr. making poultices, or a Scientist making a cure. Then I'd bury them to let them "cure", and then I was an archeologist digging them up....I actually kinda worry about the people who live there now. Oh what they would find if they dig up the backyard.
12/8/2011 8:31:12 AM
Leslie United States
Leslie
When I heard this toy offer, I laughed for an hour after. It just tickled me so... just knowing that God would give someone else the gift of words to express how I have always felt about boxes. My nineteen year old son at age 11 made a robot costume that he wore at our church Harvest Festival. It consisted of: One big box, Five boxes of foil, one roll of clear packaging tape, one pair of black sweat pants, one pair of tennis shoes. Yes, totally foiled and wa-lah you got it, he was a Robot for the evening and through Christmas that year. LOL!!! What a memory.