Dec 08 2011

Christmas movies, lodging, and more....

Amy has never seen "It's A Wonderful Life"!

Can you believe this? What's your classic Christmas movie?

Amy's favorite is "Elf"

Kankelfritz likes  "Elf" and "The Santa Claus"

Craig enjoys "Charlie Brown Christmas"

A little different, but it's for a great cause.

A woman in England is offering people the chance to go "old school" for Christmas. Fiona Furton --owner of a bed and breakfast-- is renting out her donkey stable to people who want to experience the "true meaning of Christmas." For under 20-dollars a night, you'll get a stable that has a double bed made ofstraw, tea making facilities, wi-fi, mood lighting and heating. For a little extra, you can also get shepherd costumes.?Turton plans to donate any money made during the holidays to Leukemia and Lymphoma Research.

Super Foods

Nutritionist, Catherine Kruppa, on the show today to discuss "SUPER FOODS" for this season! Check out her picks and some recipes on her site: adviceforeating.com

Lost and Found

Ever lost something and then found it in a strange place?  Craig's wife Christine did that recently and posted about in on Facebook:

"true confessions; I couldn't find one of my boots. The left one, to be exact. Several hours later, as I was switching out the laundry from washer to dryer ... guess what I found? Yup. My left boot. Nice and clean at the bottom of the washing machine."

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/8/2011 6:57:25 AM
Kim Reels United States
Kim Reels
Amy, we decided to only give 3 gifts at Christmas a couple of years ago. My sons are 11 & 7. My daughter is 3. This year they have really stuck to it. My 7 year old likes to "merge" gifts into one but it does make them think about waste, the real meaning of the words need & want & it keeps the focus on Christ. Sometimes we have spillage if they go over with stocking stuffers but it does get easier the older they get. My 11 year old is the easiest now because he's older.
12/8/2011 7:27:50 AM
Tami United States
Tami
Amy,I am writing to share with you.That I like what you are doing with your children. My children are grown and have children of their own. In bringing them up in a christian beliefs we dont do santa claus. My oldest grandson almost got expelled from school when he went to kindergaren. He argued with another little boy over the subject. This is a holiday that people take to the extreme. I wish more christians would remember the reason. We have 364 other days to spend the time and money on our family members. A happy family is one that spends time together not money. Thank you.

12/8/2011 7:32:21 AM
Sheri United States
Sheri
Amy and Kanklefritz (still trying to process that name!),

A friend told me about this website. She made a video for her children and they were blown away by it. Check it out ... http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/home

Have a blessed Holiday Season!

Sheri
12/8/2011 8:23:21 AM
abby United States
abby
hey!!! my name is Abby, and im 15 this month. This really doesnt have to do with christmas but i wanted to say that i love the song "hold me" by Jamie Grace!!!! It is amazingSmile whenever the song comes on, me and my mom get our 2 kittens, and we both get one, and we start dancing like noone is watching, and of course my dad looks at us like we are nut cases and always says that he is gonna get a video of us, and post it on u-tube. but he never does. i listen to k love all the time and always get in trouble when im doing my homework, because i always have k love on!Smile Thanks for all you guys do!!! You have changed so many lives!!!!!  God bless you this Christmas seasonSmile!      -AbbySmile
12/8/2011 10:04:10 PM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
WHAT????? Did I read that right??? Amy has never seen It's a Wonderful Life?? I have it and just watched it around Thanksgiving. My husband had never seen it entirely before. It has been my favorite movie of all time for many years. It's a must see truly family friendly with a beautiful Christian theme. No santa or reindeer or elves...just concentrates on people with their real problems.
12/9/2011 3:51:35 AM
Gina United States
Gina
My favorite Christmas movie of all time is one I have only seen a couple of times. I do not even remember the name of it. The story line follows a mother donkey and her baby. They end up in a snow storm and have no shelter so the mother shelters the baby with her own body to keep him warm. After the storm ends, the baby donkey comes out of the shelter his mother has made to find that she died sheltering him. The baby has a series of hardships, leading a lowly and humble life. Throughout all of his hardships, he remains a good donkey and has the honor of carrying a pregnant woman traveling with her husband - Mary, with child, traveling with Joseph. It's kind of sad when his mom dies so I don't think they play it much, but it's a beautiful story.
12/9/2011 4:46:33 AM
Sharon Gault United States
Sharon Gault
Re:  The New Line-up....why aren't Chuck and Troy's pictures included on the home page?  Are they no longer a part of the K-Love lineup?

Just curious.  Thanks.
12/9/2011 6:08:44 AM
Penny United States
Penny
Everyone should see "It's A Wonderful Life".  It is such a great movie.  It is not about giving or getting presents.  I have the movie and watch it at least twice between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I will have to buy it on DVD before next Thanksgiving.  Mine is on VHS and did not play well this time.... Wore it out I guess!

Wishing you all a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!
12/9/2011 6:17:43 AM
Mark United States
Mark
My favorite Christmas movie is Little Drummer Boy (love the song too).  The best part, is of course, when he gets to the stable and gives Jesus the gift of his playing.  Though it's not Scripturally accurate (since the wise men were not at Jesus's birth) it's still a touching story.
12/9/2011 7:55:20 AM
Candice King United States
Candice King
I have never seen It's a Wonderful Life either.  I absolutely cannot get into a movie that is in black and white!  Is it a good movie??  I like the new Christmas movies (any of the ones Hallmark channel plays) Smile
12/9/2011 11:30:26 AM
Diane United States
Diane
My ALL time favorite Christmas movie is Meet Me In St. Louis with Judy Garland and Maureen O'Brien. When I was a growing up I would set my alarm to get up at 2AM Christmas morning just to watch this movie. Judy sings Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas to Maureen just before Maureen runs downstairs to "kill" her snow people, because she can't take them with her to New York, where they are supposed to be moving. It's got great music and some funny scenes. I recommend it!
12/11/2011 7:43:52 PM
Tommy United States
Tommy
This is for Amy.  Look I know you get busy with life and all the Joys,  but really, never seeing the movie,Its a wonderful life", I just cant believe it.  It has already been on 3 times this year.
12/12/2011 12:42:08 PM
Laurie United States
Laurie
Gina,

The Christmas movie with the donkey that you noted as your favorite is titled "Nestor the long eared Christmas donkey" (It's one of my favorites too!) Very hard to find, but you can get little snippits on u-tube.

Laurie
12/13/2011 7:40:59 AM
Sally Henderson United States
Sally Henderson
It's ok Amy - I have never seen It's a Wonderful Life either - and I think it's the only Christmas Movie that I've never seen.  My alltime favorite has been White Christmas.  I have watched it every year for as long as I remember and it was made a year before I was born.  But this year I have found a new favorite.  If anyone out there wants to know the true meaning of Christmas you have got to watch the movie called "The Heart of Christmas".  It was on LMN this year and all I can say is you better have a box of kleenex with you!   This movie will show you the true example of faith, love, friendship and strength that our Lord has provided for each and every one of us.  I am not kidding - you must watch this.

Thanks to all you do and have a Merry Christmas!
12/14/2011 12:01:54 PM
Sally Henderson United States
Sally Henderson
Sorry, I mixed up the channels - the Heart of Christmas is on GMC this year.