Dec 13 2011

Tebow's genuine faith

We found this video and love the description of Tim Tebow's faith!

Breaking sports news video. MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL highlights and more.

Faith!

If you're facing a challenge today, a tough situation at work, concern for your child in school, trying to make ends meet, even simply overcoming a habit, here's a quote my wife, Christine, shared with me.

"Faith doesn't deny a problems existence. It denies it a place of influence." The faith that you have in God right now isn't to help you pretend something bad isn't happening, but to help you see it for what it really is, properly label it and then say to it, "Now sit down and be quiet. My Father is telling me what to do with you."

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/12/2011 6:46:47 AM
Stacy Shown United States
Stacy Shown
stacyshown.wordpress.com/.../

For those of us who are already exhausted at only the 11th day of December...
12/13/2011 5:55:10 AM
Theresa United States
Theresa
Oh, how true!

Thank you for sharing the quote. I have reprinted the quote and placed it where I can see it everyday at work!
12/13/2011 6:14:30 AM
Melissa United States
Melissa
Thanks for the quote, I am adding it to my PC signature. Thanks for sharing. It's just what I needed.
12/13/2011 7:00:40 AM
Deb Colston United States
Deb Colston
Thank you so much for this......We have a God where nothing is impossible with Him! Why we do not choose to believe Him over EVERYTHING, I do not know.....human frailty, yet God's purpose so that we look to Him and not the circumstances. Thank you again for sharing this today! Walk in blessing because we are blessed by Him!
12/13/2011 9:28:29 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
This quote is wonderful!  God is continually reminding me that my Big God is what I need to be dwelling on not my seemingly big problems.
12/13/2011 1:00:15 PM
Kevin United States
Kevin
I heard this morning a possible new Morning Show segment on "Making God Big".  I think that is a great idea but showing that through people's amazing stories makes it even better.  We can make up quotes about God and say things about Him but our amazing stories really lift Him up.  That reminds me... where did "WOW God Wednesdays" go?  Speaking of that "Make a Difference Monday's" has also sort of fallen off the truck.  God needs at least one day, doesn't He, where we can hear stories of His work in the lives of people and make Him BIG? It is like your Day of Praise before the Pledge Drive.  So, a as concern citizen of heaven and His Kingdom something needs to be done!  The new morning show needs to renew "WOW God Wednesday's" where God is lifted up. It says, "He will draw all men to Himself," if He is lifted up.  That probably means salvation for many and greater closeness to Him for others, but I am not a Bible scholar, just a concerned citizen.  And definitely that is good for Him to receive glory as well as us no matter who we are. It sure has been great for KLOVE in the past especially related to the music but personal stories are exceptional too.  It really has impacted myself and many others seen from the thousands of stories written on your (God's) website's "Tell Your Story" pages.  Please don't forget "WOW God Wednesday's" since they do bring WOW to God and to listeners about Him. I will also greatly support the 30 Day Challenge which creates WOW God Stories and have some ideas for other days of the week but that's for another time.

Thanks for listening, as you graciously say numerous times daily, a very nice thing!
12/13/2011 1:16:41 PM
Sue United States
Sue
God is good!  I have been wallowing in self pity from a medical issue I face.  I addressed that fact just yesterday and have prayed about ways to resist the pull of the "black hole".  This morning I heard you on K-LOVE - your message was a direct hit - and truly a GOD send.  Thank YOU!!
12/16/2011 5:18:35 AM
Maria United States
Maria
What a blessing to read this today.

As with others, this time of year seems to bring all of the problems you have magnified way out of proportion causing me to feel overwhelmed and no where to turn.  GOD is always there...he is our refuge and offers us His peace and understanding.

Thank you.