Dec 15 2011

An Encounter....

You’ll Know It When You See It – An Encounter At The Wishing Well by Craig West

While at the mall recently, I shared an elevator with a young man who appeared a little troubled.  His name was John.  I asked John if he was O.K.  He asked me if I knew where the well was.  “The well?” I said.  He replied, “Yeah, the wishing well.”
You see, last week John’s friend asked for a coin to throw into the wishing-well.  With out much thought, he tossed a coin to his friend, and watched him trot off to make his wish.  It wasn’t until days later that John realized that what he gave his friend was no ordinary coin, but a silver coin from WWII that belonged to his Grandfather!  It had been passed down to John as a keepsake and he carried it with him all the time.
I offered to help John search for it; together we rolled up our sleeves and started picking up one coin afteranother.  I would bring each coin a couple of inches from my face to examine it.  That’s when John said something that I’ll never forget.
He said, “You’ll know it’s my coin because it’s silver, and it shines brighter than the average coin.”
At that moment I remembered this story from Luke 15,
"Or what woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost!' In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents".
John’s frantic search for something precious and rare so reminded me of Christ’s desire for the lost of this world.  And if you ever feel lost, which happens to me often, even as one of His kids, just know this: Jesus knows those who are His, they shine brighter.  And He will always find you.

Inflatable Down!

It's always fun to explore a new community and it's neighborhoods. Well, our travels brought us to this house! Hope we get a chance to see them in their full glory.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/15/2011 6:30:01 AM
Julie Legg Photo United States
Julie Legg Photo
I just finished putting on my mascara when you finished telling the coin story! Aaurgh! You made me tear up. That's just what I needed to hear this morning. Smile Keep up the good work ya'll.
12/15/2011 6:45:34 AM
Patricia Madourie United States
Patricia Madourie
I found this station just two months ago and It's the best thing ever, but may I say  that this story teaches me how to stay the course with one unsave person, and never give up
12/15/2011 7:06:15 AM
Annell Stevens United States
Annell Stevens
Hi, So what?!did he ever find his coin?  I like mysteries, but I also like to know the ending, even though I got the significance of the story. Just courious.  Have a blessed day. And a Merry Christmas with your family and friends.
12/15/2011 1:10:59 PM
Robert Emmons United States
Robert Emmons
There is something that has stuck with my mind ever since I heard the story of the "inflatables down". I was listening to the radio this morning and the story of the inflatables down came on. There were comments that there were inflatables that were awesome, some were o.k. and some left much to be desired. You went on how this scene was a sad sight to see. You had also mentioned that the owner had parked behind you and said to give him 40 minutes.

Where I am having the trouble, is that you had insisted to videotape the deflated scene without giving the chance for the owner to get them up and running. You were quick to judge and prove to the audience that this was a horrendous scene, and not patient enough for the owner to put forth his time and effort to get them all inflated so that he can display his hard work and his love for Christmas for everyone to see.

I know that you are a christian, I am too. We should be not so quick to judge or make a hasty decision on something that we should be more patient with. I love the K-Love radio station, it is the only station that the dial is set on at home, in my truck, and at my office. It has helped me to see the light in my darkest hours, like divorce, depression, and so forth. I am a happy person now thanks to your wonderful station (and my church). The inflatables down story is the only story (thus far) that I felt compelled to comment on, in a positive or negative manner). I can almost feel what the home owner was feeling when you felt compelled to videotape the scene before he had it running. I personally feel that it would only be right to go back to the persons home, and videotape the scene when everything is up and running, and to make the necessary appologies. Of course, I cannot speak for the rest of the audience, these are my thoughts and feelings.

God Bless, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.

Robert, Vernal, Utah.

12/15/2011 3:23:23 PM
Craig West United States
Craig West
Thanks for your comments Robert. You might have missed it, but  in the video I mentioned that I bet they look great inflated and in fact I have a video of them inflated that will post here on Friday.  God bless ya' bro!-Craig

12/15/2011 4:38:03 PM
Paula Ingram United States
Paula Ingram
OH my God! that story was so touching and really what I needed today of all days.  You see I am going through some changes with my walk with the Father.  I know my purpose, but for a time I have been distracted.  I have been and still am a single mother.  I lost my husband when we were very young. I was a widow at the age of 23, and it has taken me along time to get over being alone and having to raise my children alone.  I keep asking God to forgive me for being distracted and at times I thought he did not like me anymore. Because it felt like all my family and church family did not like me any more either.  I keep asking God "what is wrong with me". Your story made me cry.  Thank You.
12/16/2011 6:59:47 AM
Robert Emmons United States
Robert Emmons
Thank you for your reply Craig. I did catch that. My appologies for coming off like I did. It just struck a nerve with when the video ran before the prize was revealed. I had thought that you had condemned the man before his time of glory. I can't wait to see the video when everything is in its full display of awe.

God bless, and keep up the good work! (BTW, it will take some getting used to the new DJ rotation) LOL
12/16/2011 9:50:42 AM
Robert Bujarski United States
Robert Bujarski
I'm with Annell.  I was listening to your story about helping find the lost coin at the wishing well and it stopped with his comment and then a song came on.  Had to go into work, so figured you'd have the result of your search posted.

DID YOU ALL FIND THE COIN?

Thanks,
Robert
12/16/2011 2:38:38 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Wow Craig. I want to thank you for posting that story. I needed to hear that. You, and the morning team, are very blessed people.

I'll admit, this story blew my mind. As a 7th Grader I am learning more and more about God and His plans for me and my life. I know that He'll know where I am cause I'm always shining bright for Him.

Thank you again for posting this. I about brought tears to my eyes.

God BLESS you and The Morning Team.

Your Sister In Christ,

~Lauren.
        P.S: Did you ever find the coin?! lol
12/16/2011 2:39:25 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
*It about brought tears to my eyes