Jan 09 2012

God already has it figured out!

I (Craig) find this interesting since I battled clinical depression for 10 years!  Researchers have discovered a gene that plays a major role in the brain of people who suffer from depression. The gene has not been linked to depression in the past, but in a study from Yale University and the Hartford Hospital Institute of Living, RNF123 affected the brain’s hippocampus, which is altered in depression sufferers.

The doctors, in a sense, are trying to figure out how to renew the mind.  I love that.  And, I love that God already has that figured out for you and me!

Isa 26:3 - "The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You.
Ro 8:6 - For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
…be transformed by the renewing of your mind
…you have a spirit of power, love and sound mind

More info

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/9/2012 5:22:32 AM
Vicki United States
Vicki
I am trying to remember the  song you guys do in the morning. It is very upbeat and It has Good Morning in the title. just need it for my morning today.
Love your show!!!
1/9/2012 6:55:44 AM
Steve United States
Steve
Hey Vicki - is this it? Mandisa ft. Toby Mac - Good Morning? Here it is on You Tube:

Craig I have had depression too... thank you for the article.

God Bless!
1/9/2012 7:57:53 AM
Karen United States
Karen
Could you please send the quote that you shared from a friend about being Christ like.
Thanks
1/9/2012 11:06:03 AM
Kristin Kanady United States
Kristin Kanady
I think it was Amy who quoted a friend earlier today.  It struck a chord with me but I didn't catch the whole thing.  The gist of it was "what a pity we only plan for the things we can do on our own."  Can you help me with the exact words and context?
Blessings,
Kristin
1/9/2012 4:11:20 PM
Monique United States
Monique
Hello,
You said a quote this morning and I cannot remember how it went.  Something about Christianity not being the result of what God can do for us but what Jesus already did for us.  I loved the way it was worded.  Does anybody remember?
1/10/2012 8:52:01 AM
Christina Guffey United States
Christina Guffey
PSALM 91: 3 For He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler (satan,our enemy) and from the noisome (deadly) pestilence.
The enemy knows exactly what to put in our mind to lure us into traps.  II Cor. 10: 4-5  Taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.
Pestilence: is any virulent or fatal disease; an epidemic (depression) tthat hits masses of people and attaches itsellf to ones body with the intent to destroy.  Joel 3:10 tells the weak to say,"I am a mighty man!"
1/11/2012 8:05:09 AM
roberta United States
roberta
I heard someone call in saying she believed David suffered from depression and I HAD to say something. I think the word depression gets thrown around. I suffered from severe depression. Its a place of extreme hopelessness and you can not see good. This is so not David's  case. Just because we go through hard times,become desperate to know the next step or feel helpless does not mean your depressed. That's part of life! David showed us how to go thru these times with a never failing, GREAT hope! In all of this he had praise, he truly rejoiced in God KNOWING God would surely bring him through and be his shelter. He lived out rising above depression. If anything he gave us an antidote to depression. Though we will face extremely difficult times, that's life not depression.  we see so many situations with David when it is tried and proven with God you will always be above depression. Its only when you forget the power and love of God you will ever lose hope. Hard times is life . Don't lose hope because of it. Gods gonna help us rise above Smile
1/12/2012 1:58:57 AM
Brain Dumps United Kingdom
Brain Dumps
You Post is definitely helpful.
1/12/2012 7:46:40 AM
Chris Florek United States
Chris Florek
just wanted to let the entire staff know that if any of you haven't seen the movie COURAGEOUS, EVERYONE cHRISTIAN OR NOT NEEDS TO SEE THIS, PLEASE SHARE THIS ON THE AIR. fortunately this has touched my heart, because i grew up without my father for about 15 years of my life. I am slowly working toward, even though i don't have chlidren on being a better person to everyone in my life.
love the station and all everyone does,
i'm blessed,