Jan 11 2012

Tebow Top Five

TIM TEBOW'S TOP FIVE FAVORITE PHRASES IN THE BIBLE

1. "Blessed are the meek, for they shall receive... "
2. "Go long, my son..."
3. "A first down for every 10 cubits gained"
4. "And they sacked the Philistines"
5. "And it came to pass… "

And, now a little song we found to keep the Tim Tebow spirit going.....

Some of you might be too young to remember British rocker John Parr’s “St. Elmo’s Fire,” his one and only smash hit that was also featured in a movie of the same name starring the original Brat Pack. But that was almost 30 years ago, and any person who lived through the '80s knows that it’s best to try and forget the decade between disco and grunge.

But John Parr won’t let us forget him or the '80s, so much so that he’s reworked his one-hit wonder of a song into a tribute to Broncos QB Tim Tebow. The new ditty, Tim Tebow’s Fire, will appeal mainly to Tebow fans, people with an appreciation for '80s nostalgia, or both.

Here are the song's lyrics:

Growin’ up
Gotta keep your eye on the ball

Make it fly,

Give it everything, give your all

But maybe sometimes if you feel the pain You’ll find you’re all alone Everything has changed

Play the game
You know you can’t quit until it’s won
Soldier on
Only you can do what must be done

You know I’m out there

Down on one knee
a prisoner
And I’m tryin’ to break free

CHORUS:

I can see a new horizon
Underneath the blazin’ sky
I’ll be where the eagle’s
Flyin’ higher and higher

Gonna be a man in motion

All I needs my Broncos team
Take me where my future’s lyin’
Tim Tebows Fire

Oooh…

Burnin’ up
Don’t know just how far that I can go
(Just how far I go)
Soon be home
Only just 4 downs to go
I can make it
I know I can
You broke the boy in me
But you won’t break the man

(CHORUS)

I can see a new horizon
blazin on the Mile High
I’ll be where the eagle’s
Flyin’ higher and higher

Gonna be your man in motion

All I needs my Broncos team
Take me where my future’s lyin’
Tim Tebows Fire

I can climb the highest mountain
These Broncos cant be beat
I can feel St Elmo’s Fire burnin’ in me
Burnin’ in me

Just once in his life
A man has his time
And my time is now
And I’m comin’ alive

I can hear the music playin’
I can see the banners fly
Feel like a man again

I’ll hold my head high
Gonna be a man in motion
These broncos can’t be beat
Take me where my future’s lyin’
Tim Tebow’s fire

(CHORUS)

I can climb the highest mountain
Cross the wildest sea
I can feel St. Elmo’s Fire burnin’ in me

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/11/2012 5:59:55 AM
Tiffany United States
Tiffany
Good Morning Craig, Amy, and Kankelfritz!!

I just wanted you guys to know that I LOVE listening to the Morning Show on K-LOVE.  Y'all are the epitome of positive and encouraging...and I am sure to laugh out loud at something every single morning!  I thank you guys for being so awesome, and I thank God for crossing your paths and bringing you to this place where you can lift people up the way you do.

God Bless!
1/11/2012 6:41:18 AM
Thomar United States
Thomar
Laughing out loud is correct .. only make sure your not eating at the time.  I loved the comment they made this morning regarding why he is trying tofu weiners because he wants to lower his cholesterol: "you have to understand he replied .. they just look like their trying their best".  Also the songs are anointed, many times they express just what I'm wanting to express in my praise and prayers.
(smiles to all of you also)
1/11/2012 7:34:49 AM
Cari United States
Cari
Thank you for sharing the connect four story.  Before you were finished telling it I realized I was in tears.  I have three adopted children.  One has Autism and one suffers from mental illness.   I really believe the Lord used your story to show me the little things really are the big things.  I will make sure to put the "bills" down and play a game or just talk to my kids mire often.  Thank you so much!
1/11/2012 11:30:27 AM
Denise United States
Denise
In car,on way to work this am, when I heard you sharing the connect four story. I too was in tears.Today is my Mother's birthday, celebrating it in Heaven(she passed to Glory in Sept 2010) One of Her favorite songs was "I can only imagine". Mom had a beautiful voice when she sang, I on the other,do not, but We would sing this song in my car everytime we heard on K Love. We had at least one of my grandchild(ren) with us. I am so thankful we have that wonderful memory that has turned into a big change in my & my family lives.Please repeat the saying from this am. We continue to sing this song everytime we hear it. Grandchildren call it "Grandma's song"
1/11/2012 5:35:59 PM
amy larmour United States
amy larmour
this is an awesome man for my little man to look up to
1/11/2012 6:16:57 PM
Tina Radloff United States
Tina Radloff
I was offended this morning by your jokes about Tim Tebow and his favorite scripture verses. If you knew anything at all, you would know Tim Tebow's favorite verse is John 3:16. Tim Tebow is a fine Christian who is making a difference in the lives of sick children and turning an industry that is far from religious (the NFL), into a bunch of men on their knees. The Lord has given him a platform and he has been rediculed by many. I would have expected more from a CHRISTIAN radio station.
1/12/2012 7:26:14 AM
Kristy United States
Kristy
I am sick of peolple makeing Tim Tiebow out to more than he is. Romans 3:30"There is only ONE GOD and He makes people right with himself only my faith, whether they are Jews or Gentiles." 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is only ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR who can reconcile God and humanity-the man Chirst Jesus." NOT Tim Tebow I'm very disapointed I really thought a Christian radio station of all people would know that.
1/12/2012 7:49:58 AM
Shasta United States
Shasta
Thank you so much for sharing this with us this morning, I laughed and just smiled.  Wouldn't it be great just to go back to everything simpler and just enjoying the day. Love your Morning ShowSmile!!