Jan 17 2012

Paying More in 2012

6 Things You’ll Pay More For In 2012

We found an interesting article on things that will cost all of us more this year. Check out this list:

1. Airfare, expect an increase of 10-15%
2. Meat and fish, continues to be on the rise - 4%
3. Coffee, up 18% last year and looks to keep going up!
4. Gas!
5. Mail, Starting on Jan. 22, the cost of a first-class stamp will rise to 45 cents from 44 cents, while priority mail prices will jump 3.1% and the cost of using express mail will be 3.4% higher.
6. Clothes, expect to pay 8%-10% more for clothes this year.

Want more info - check out this link.

We would love to hear how you and your family work through these hikes!

His Creation!

My wife, Christine, wrote this the other day and sent it to me.  Really got me thinking: "When you wear a mask, compare yourself to others or strive to become something that you have deemed substantial in your own mind then you are living outside of His Life.  When you do this, you are living from a false life.   When you try to be someone else, you are insulting His brilliance. You are His creation."  - Craig

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/17/2012 6:59:20 AM
Wendy United States
Wendy
My heart goes out to Aaron and his wife. God will provide them what they need for their special family~ "What HE brings you to, HE will get you thru it". Many prayers for them!! GOD has big plans for them!
1/17/2012 7:27:08 AM
deborah donker United States
deborah donker
UNITED STATES (Feb. 14, 2011) – Coffee Markets Business Report: Coffee price increases are showing no signs of easing in the near future due to issues on both the supply and demand sides of the equation. In particular there is a shortage of premium coffee beans known as Arabica coffee.
1/17/2012 7:29:18 AM
Nancy Willette United States
Nancy Willette
On the internet, it states this about rising coffee costs
"Hit with wildly increasing costs for beans from growers, coffee roasters are charging more to supermarkets and other retailers — and those folks are passing the higher prices on to consumers."
source: articles.latimes.com/.../la-fi-coffee-prices-20110604

My comment is--- isn't that reason for everything whose costs are rising???
1/17/2012 7:32:17 AM
deborah donker United States
deborah donker
Meat
Corn is partially to blame for rising meat costs. The price of corn has doubled in the past year, driving up the price of livestock feed, which results in higher prices for meat. Supply and demand factors are affecting prices as well, where strong demand for cattle and hogs has been tempered by a weak supply, further driving prices upward. Cattle herd sizes, for example, are at their lowest levels since the 1950s. Retail meat prices have risen more than 7% in the last year, according to the Consumer Price Index. Consumers can expect to see prices increase for certain cuts of meat, including short ribs, hamburger and high-end cuts like filet mignon. Cattle futures on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange recently closed at an all-time high of $1.1752 per pound.

Read more: financialedge.investopedia.com/.../...n-Price.aspx
1/18/2012 6:03:32 AM
Joe Hoskinson United States
Joe Hoskinson
Nice quote, Craig! I now have that one saved to my journal. It is a powerful thing to understand and it is an absolutely critical pice of information to start with if we intend to live out God's calling in our lives.
1/18/2012 6:41:51 AM
Holly United States
Holly
I so agree with the statement that when I compare myself with others, strive to be something I'm not,I'm insulting God, however, after more than 50 years of attempting to seek approval from others, and trying to "fix" myself, I'm not sure who Holly really is.
I took the 30 day challenge last year and soon after rededicated my life to God. I'm not where I was but I'm far from where I need to be. There are so many layers and I question EVERYTHING, is this thought from God, from Satan, from me, whew, it gets so crazy.
Listening to KLove helps keep my mind stay focused on Jesus, so many of the songs seem to be written straight from the Bible, so I hear a song, go to my concordance and look up the scripture. Thank you KLove. I also purchased the "Jesus Calling" devotional you all use and reading it daily has helped me realize the personal relationship God wants to have with me. I can't see Him but He is a real, breathing person right here with me. My goal is to truly believe this and know this, I think its the only hope I have.
Thank You.
1/18/2012 10:19:08 AM
Candice United States
Candice
I struggle with this a lot, always wishing I could be like someone or like someone else. I heard you read this on the radio after dropping my kids off at school and loved how Craigs wife put this. This is a great one to go over with our jr high kids in church tonight. We all know we should be happy with the way God has made us, but sometimes hearing it from someones elses perspective is just we need Smile I loved this and shared it on Facebook with all my friends

Have a blessed day as you have blessed mine
1/18/2012 11:07:48 AM
Jessica Rickerd United States
Jessica Rickerd
I want to Thank You for putting that up,I have some issues with my self in apperance,and when I heard that comment the first words out of my mouth were,thank you Lord for making me PERFECT in your eyes,Im 23 and I have a small gap in my teeth and I have thought of getting braces and then I remember God did not make mistakes, My mom always tells me that when I get down on my self,I may have things that people see and not think its right,but i have come up with a saying,ALL my imperfections are perfact cause God made every single oneSmile
1/26/2012 11:53:27 PM
Exam Cram United Kingdom
Exam Cram
Marvelous and inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. http://www.examcram.me/