Jan 25 2012

New Jobs and Judgement

Today is Judgment Day.

Today, you will judge things that are going on in your life.

You can judge problems as unnecessary hardships or opportunities to grow and/or go in a new direction.

You can judge someone's rudeness as a testament to your unworthiness or as evidence of his or her having a hard time.

You can judge humanity as hopelessly and irretrievably damaged or as moving through a painful and difficult growth spurt.

However you judge, life will respond.

Looking for a job? Here's a link with some helpful info:   Companies Hiring

Have you noticed this?

Women who wear makeup are not only seen by others as more likable, but also perceived as more attractive, competent and trustworthy compared to the ratings of the same faces without makeup. (New York Times)

Love what K-LOVE listener, DeAnna wrote: "Most of the women in my family almost never wear make-up. My grandmother is 88yrs. old and I don't remember her ever wearing make-up. I love her wrinkles! It shows she has lived a long and lovely life........I think that you can be just as confident putting forth the face that God gave you."

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/25/2012 7:39:29 AM
James United States
James
My wife rarely wears makeup. She's the same attractive, confident, intelligent with or without. She's a true Proverbs 31 woman. I think new stories like this say far more about the beholder than the beheld.

1/25/2012 8:19:55 AM
Diana M. Salazar United States
Diana M. Salazar
Hello Amy,
I know exactly what you are talking about. Because I work M-F I look forward to some relaxation on the week-ends so I like to give my face a break and not wear any make-up. A couple of times during the week-end I have gone to some shops in town and I have noticed that they are not as friendly to me as when I do stop by after work and I do have make up on. I find this a little disrespectful. Because I feel that they should not judge a person by their looks period. But then some people are just not as caring to other peoples feelings.
1/25/2012 9:54:50 AM
Brenda Haden United States
Brenda Haden
I am a independant sales consultant with Mary Kay cosmetics. I would like to comment about the subject that was brought up this morning on the show. Foundation is not make up, that is one of the most misunderstood facts in skin care. It protects your skin from harmful uv sun rays and the enviroment. Foundation should be part of your daily skin care.
1/25/2012 2:07:06 PM
Ashley United States
Ashley
I am a 24 year old teacher. Insecurities have been making themselves known to me recently and not wearing makeup was one of them. I decided for the month of January that I would go makeup free. It has been one of the hardest things to do. I felt like people were looking at me funny, I wanted to hide, etc. I felt like I looked not as put together...but what thing in our society has told us these lies? The first week, I was so focused on myself and the makeup...as the weeks have went by, it has become so much more than that. It has become a season of purging and the Lord has really begun to reveal some things to me. I am chosen by the Lord and a treasured possession (Deut. 7) and my prayer is that all women can see that for themselves.
1/26/2012 4:57:05 AM
Michele Frick United States
Michele Frick
Wanted to pass this along...The Indianapolis Star said that a ticket to the Super Bowl was about $3000 and airfare from NE to Indy was about $1000-$1500 and a hotel downtown Indy for minimum of 4 nights is $400-$600 for a night.  Love you guys...and tell everyone looking for a statiion to listen ahd have a couple of people hooked also.
1/26/2012 5:38:58 AM
Alex United States
Alex
Loved the comment: We'll have two microphones for David Crowder...one for him and one for his goatee! LOL
1/26/2012 6:41:27 AM
Cheryl Ziegler United States
Cheryl Ziegler
I do not wear makeup. I have not worn it for over 10 years. Society has told us (women) that we have to enhance or change our appearance to meet an ever changing cultural standard.  I thought we are to live up to God's standards which DO NOT CHANGE.  God made me the way I am, I don't need to enhance it or change it! When you do that are you not telling God, sorry I don't like what you made and how you made it? My mother stopped wearing make up on a regular basis as well as stopped coloring her hair.  You would have thought she had committed some unpardonable sin with the amount of pressure some have put on her to "conform" with the no gray hair standard our cultural has placed on us (women).  Sorry for the rant, but I am no less intelligent, attractive, trustworthy or competent than a women that wears makeup.
1/26/2012 6:49:44 AM
Phonda Oliver United States
Phonda Oliver
Makeup may make some women more attractive, but makeup cannot make you more intelligent or trustworthy.  Intelligence is attributable to your brain and trustworthiness is related to your character.  Neither your brain or your character is controlled by makeup.
1/26/2012 6:56:23 AM
Keri Hebrink United States
Keri Hebrink
I was so encouraged this morning by this dicussion.  I too am an Independant Sales Consultant with Mary Kay.  I do believe how you present youself is how you will come off to people. I know when I take my time with my daily routine (makeup...hair..)I feel good, so therefore I will project a better attitude.  But to piggy back on this, when I am make sure GOD first, FAMILY second, and career 3rd is when I see the best results.  Be the best you God intended, and for me that is making sure I have my face on... hair done.. clothes pressed.. teeth brushed.. and most important my GOD time before I walk out the door.  That always gives me a winning attitude!!  God Bless YOU!!
1/28/2012 10:52:38 AM
Sean United States
Sean
I've always been far more attracted to women without makeup than those with makeup.  Even before I was a Christian but especially now that I am, I feel like I've always been able to recognize a woman's true inner-beauty that naturally radiates outward and naturally makes her externally more beautiful as well, no makeup needed.  You go, girls!!