Mar 13 2012

Joy, Peace, and Jesus

This is "Wild Bill".  I met Wild Bill in this dumpster downtown and had an great conversation with him.  He told me that at one time he had a couple of houses and drove around in a $150,000 car.  And then he realize his life was empty.  He said this to me, "Craig, I walked away from everything only to gain…everything."

He makes $20 an hour recycling stuff.  He has joy, peace, and Jesus.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/13/2012 6:04:18 AM
Kristen Pridmore United States
Kristen Pridmore
This is an amazing story. You have nothing if you don't have the Lord. With him you have EVERYTHING. You are the richest of the rich. Thank You K-Love for being such an inspiration.
3/13/2012 6:28:30 AM
Jenn United States
Jenn
I love it!  Money doesn't make us happy or whole...God is the only one who can fill this void.  I too know first hand.
3/13/2012 7:24:52 AM
Judy United States
Judy
Beautiful!
3/13/2012 7:26:35 AM
Dee United States
Dee
Sounds like he did a bit of evangelizing himself Smile  What a wonderful thing.
3/13/2012 7:33:30 AM
Gary United States
Gary
Talking about the holy spirit telling you to go back and talk to Wild Bill reminded me of something my pastor said a few months back during a sermon while explaining the trinity. I will never forget it and it makes me smile every time I think about it. "The Holy Spirit is like a surprise party" Certainly applies to your interaction with Bill. :o)
3/13/2012 7:45:54 AM
michelle United States
michelle
I agree "True Freedom" is only found in Jesus. Without Him we are truly empty. I admire someone who throws everything away to be closer to God. Wild Bill reminds of the Ruler that Jesus asked to give all away to follow him. It makes me wonder how many people truly would do so. Food for thought..If God told you to give everything away to truly follow him would you? Thank you Wild Bill for giving us the strength to think about it.
3/13/2012 7:49:06 AM
April Cantrell United States
April Cantrell
I just wanted to say that my husband went last summer and lived/slept on the streets with the homeless men and women of Atlanta, GA as a mission trip. God asked him to do that and he will never be the same again. These men and women have forever touched his life. Now, he is serving them in many various ways and goes to see them at least once a month. What he and what those men he met experienced during those 3 days was amazing. The organization he was serving was Retreat on the Street which is under Church on the Street. I thank God for my husband, I knew he was awesome and now you do too! Smile
3/13/2012 8:20:50 AM
Anthony United States
Anthony
I'm learning how the lord is freeing me, It sounds selfish but it feels real good to have some of the weight, troubles and burdens taken off my shoulders and allow our father to pick up some of that slack for me. Its a hard jump to take to allow someone else the control, but what a jump it is!! thank you K-love for putting the springs in my legs...
3/13/2012 12:39:54 PM
cathy mladenik United States
cathy mladenik
Great story!!  I heard this on the way to work this morning.  Think of my sister who is paralized and only get $25 a month from SS. I am trying to help her as much as I can.  Hoping one day the door will open and I can share the Lord with her.

I received an email today from a friend.  As she tells me that she will be retiring soon and going to live in senior proverty (fixed income).  I share this story with her and said Proverty is a worldly word.  God takes care of us, even the birds, the animals, etc.  and that he will take care of her and her husband.

Thank you for this story.
3/13/2012 4:09:32 PM
Gunnar Moore United States
Gunnar Moore
That's great, and hey, $20 an hour is not bad.
3/13/2012 8:42:28 PM
rachel United States
rachel
so cool! this is amazing!
3/14/2012 7:34:45 PM
Jannette United States
Jannette
What a beautiful and peaceful smile he has. Thank you for sharing.