Mar 22 2012

Tebow Moves

In light of the changes happening in Denver and Tim Tebow's new team, thought Tebow fans might enjoy this article.

Amy decided to share her fruit snacks with the "boys" this morning. Very impressed by Mike's snack organization!!

It's World Water Day!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/22/2012 6:00:02 AM
Barbara Krueger United States
Barbara Krueger
Just heard about the "art project" dilemma. How about hanging a line in your dining room. Make it long enough to hang up about 5-10 art projects (assuming 2D flat pieces). Then, hang the art. Once the line is full, have your 5-year old son choose which one(s) to take down to make room for new artwork. By choosing, he agrees that they go to one of two places -- into a file (that once full, must be weeded out and pieces discarded); or, right into the trash -- to make room for new masterpieces. You'll have a mini-art show in your dining room, your child will have "front and center" attention for his art work, and you'll have a more manageable way to deal with it over the years. Your son also takes ownership of his creations, and has a decision in how they are kept, filed or tossed. You could at least give it a try -- until he turns 6 and you need a new method... Have fun! They are little for such a short time! God bless!
3/22/2012 6:11:13 AM
Katherine United States
Katherine
My precious daughter-in-law puts some out for display and some in a big box the day  they come home.  Then at the end of the year she takes them all outside, hangs them on a string (maybe 10 at a time), takes a pic, moves on to the next 10 or so until all are photographed.  It's best if the string is hung on something plain, like a wooden fence or the side of the house so that you can see the pictures good.  She picks the favorite 5 or so (however many you want) from the year, keeps those and discards the rest.  You see in the end she has a pretty picture of all of his work, but not so much "stuff!"  I think it's a wonderful idea...wish I had thought about it when mine were little.
3/22/2012 6:12:05 AM
mary sanders United States
mary sanders
What we have done for birthdays for aunts, uncles grandparents father's day mother's day is make a book of artwork and give it to the person from the child. The child is proud of all of there work and the adult has something to look at all year long. As the child gets older they can make there own books to give away.
3/22/2012 6:18:57 AM
Teri Boudreaux United States
Teri Boudreaux
You need to take a picture of each one, put on your computer. Then you make a film of all the projects thur the years without taking up space in the closets!That way you can share with friends and family.
3/22/2012 6:27:52 AM
Karis United States
Karis
Regarding the massive amount of papers kids have from school, it is a great opportunity to teach your kids about making decisions and keeping your stuff organized. At the end of every day, have your child choose their favorite one to keep, and toss the rest. Dont try to explain the long term, that is way to abstract, just talk about the pictures and why they like their favorite (great opportunity to find out how your kid thinks too!). At the end of the week, pull out those top 5 and pick one, At the end of the month, do the same. The idea is to end up with only 10 or so per year, maybe with a few exceptions. Get a file folder with 12 or so sections for each child. This will keep all their favorites together without actually having to rent storage space for a bunch of pictures that you wont use. It teaches your kids to not get attached to every little thing, and also decision making skills! It saves them from being an adult with boxes of this stuff that they are emotionally attached to and don't know why, and instead have to toss it all then, or, as afore mentioned, store it in their neighbors garage!
(the idea of taking pictures and saving them on the computer is great too!)
3/22/2012 6:35:27 AM
Joy United States
Joy
I wish I had heard of this idea in time...one mom took pics of all the artwork and had it bound in a photobook for each child each year.  Definitely take pics of all & put on a CD for each child, keep the ones with handprints and/or frame the best one from each pre-school year.
3/22/2012 6:48:47 AM
Kristi United States
Kristi
The project dilema, we had all the projects in  a plastic tub, mostly for grades below 2nd grade. then when the kids were in 2nd or 3rd we had them relook through what we had kept. It was then that they pick out certain things. They also had a ball looking back at past projects.
I of course had already picked the ones I had wanted to save,which are in our file cabinet.
3/22/2012 6:50:12 AM
Ellen United States
Ellen
When you were talking about how long the train of the king represented his power it made me think of the verse in Isaih 6:1 - "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple."  I thought that was awesome.
3/22/2012 7:02:06 AM
Lisa Milazzo United States
Lisa Milazzo
Just wanted to say K-Love has been an inspiration to me over the last year. I listen to it on my office computer and have been going through complications from a surgery I had back in November and it has drawn me closer to our Lord and Savior. I also have an intern in the office right now who loves this station-I noticed today she is writing down some of the scripture from Christian Artist that we hear on my sirus radio station which I believe is associated with your station. I love to see God working in people. Have a Blessed day K-Love
3/22/2012 7:21:26 AM
Terry United States
Terry
All great ideas so far for your art dilemma.
I just wanted to add a comment to be sure and save everything with a hand or footprint on it.  We save our daily stuff in a box under my daughter's bed.  This helps her understand this is "her stuff".  We plan to go through it soon and select her favorites (with her helping, of course).  The treasured ones will end up in a memory box kept in our attic.  I liked the call from the mom who imaged the artwork, because it makes it possible to prepare a book, another suggestion I saw above.  Love it!  Good luck.  Before you know it, your son may not want to draw anymore, so the creations from these early days will be extra precious.
3/27/2012 5:58:35 AM
Connie Witherington United States
Connie Witherington
You guys on the the morning show are nuts but it a good nuts because if I am feeling low you make me laugh and remind me of the grace I have through Jesus and that he is with me I am not alone and you make me smile. Thank you for being nuts.