Apr 28 2012

On my way....

I wish you could see me right now…I can’t sit still. You know how it is when you’re so excited you can’t contain yourself. I’m there. My plane leaves tonight for Africa. The flight will take around 10 hours. Once we arrive in Ghana, we’ll drive a few hours before we reach the hospital boat, Africa Mercy, in Lome, Togo. We’ll be serving with Mercy Ships for the entire week. I’ll call Craig and Kankelfritz every morning to let you know how things are going. I’ll also blog and post pictures so you can take the trip with me!! I would appreciate your prayers.

Okay, God…here we go! I LOVE you! Guide me, protect me and let me shine with YOUR love so lives will find HOPE and HEALING that only comes from YOU!

Mercy Ships

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/28/2012 8:47:00 PM
Ruth Mangnall New Zealand
Ruth Mangnall
Hi Amy
I have read your blog, and want to wish you all the best as you experience the 'Africa Mercy' in Togo!
I am a nurse from New Zealand who has actually worked on board the 'Africa Mercy' and can tell you it was a life changing experience.  I LOVED every moment and am keen to go back again some day, to use the skills and abilities God has given me.
You will also love it, and see and experience many amazing things!  I shall keep you in my prayers, and look forward to hearing all about it!!
Blessings to you,
Ruth
4/30/2012 5:32:35 AM
Dana United States
Dana
That's great that you are going to Africa! My brother just came from South Africa a few weeks ago. He and our youth group went to Magashini. All of them said it was life changing so be prepared!
4/30/2012 6:12:19 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
Ship - Hospital Ship! LOL
Hope you are enjoying your time on the Africa Mercy - a place I called home for 2 years.  God does such amazing work and in through the crew there - the world needs to know what is happening and support it!
4/30/2012 8:38:27 AM
Kerry Trapnell United States
Kerry Trapnell
I am so glad to hear K-Love is with the Africa Mercy Ship this week.  My brother and his family just joined the Mercy Ship there in February.  Kevin Trapnell is the physician on board for the crew.  He and his wife (Melissa) and three Children (Will-9, Emily-6, and Stephen-6 months) are so happy to be there.

We are so excited to hear all the things God is doing through the Mercy Ship!  Please tell my famliy I said hello and we all love them!

Kerry
4/30/2012 8:44:37 AM
danita United States
danita
GOD IS LOVE 1 John 4:8
4/30/2012 4:37:01 PM
Margaret Sanders United States
Margaret Sanders
Praying as you wing your way to a very special place.  Peggy Campbell (daughter) and I were on the AM in Liberia when the Anastasis was "decommissioned" there.  What a few days it was...a "forever" memory, never to be forgotten!!  God bless you as you go!
4/30/2012 5:20:51 PM
Vicky United States
Vicky
Hi Amy!!!

My sister is a nurse on Africa Mercy in Togo where u are!! Her name is Stacia and she is in plastics. Her birthday is May 5 and she has been serving on the Africa Mercy for several months!! We are so proud of her!!!! If you see her will u tell her Happy Birthday from her sister in CT and we are praying for them over there!!!!!
4/30/2012 5:28:08 PM
Vicky United States
Vicky
Her birthday is may 3!!!! I made a typo!!! Smile
4/30/2012 5:31:04 PM
danita United States
danita
have a very happy Blessed  Birthday an many more an my God Blessed You.
4/30/2012 8:33:10 PM
Becky United States
Becky
My post echoes Vickys post from earlier tonight! Our sister Stacia has called the Africa Mercy "home" for about a year and a half now. We have LOVED learning about MercyShips through her experiences in plastics. Her birthday is on Thursday.  If you "run" into her, please give her a birthday hug from all her family back home! She lives for the waffles on the ship. Maybe you should give em a try as well! I believe they make an appearance on Fridays. Smile Hope you have a great trip!
5/2/2012 6:45:16 AM
massan United States
massan
hi amy
my name is massan and i m from togo and live in us actually. i m so tankfull for Jesus for what he doing right now in my country trough this mission. evry morning i heard k love and was in tears when i hear the news. your help will mean a lot for everyone of my sister and brother of my country and i m sure a lot of them will accept Jesus as their savior. may God Bless you and all the member of the Mercy Ships. "GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME"