Apr 30 2012

Arrived!

We've arrived safely in Lome, Togo with Mercy Ships aboard the Africa Mercy. Today we'll be in surgeries and at an eye screening. We'll also get a tour of the ship…it's about two football fields long. Pray I don't get lost!

Amy and Jessica, Promotions Manager for K-LOVE in Louisiana, in front of the Africa Mercy. This ship is amazing with eight decks, deck 3 being the hospital and recovery ward. The operating rooms are fully equipped with everything the doctors need to complete a successful surgery.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/30/2012 7:06:08 AM
Alana Barnes United States
Alana Barnes
My husband Ken Barnes is actually on the ship there too, He is part of the Instruments of Mercy, along with Jamese Crowe. They are helping repair the intruments that the surgeons are using there. I know that it is a wonderful oppurtunity for all that go and serve there. Who knows maybe yall will run into each other before he leaves Friday. Have fun Amy and be safe. prayers from Odenville, Alabama going up for yall.
4/30/2012 8:39:18 AM
Kerry Trapnell United States
Kerry Trapnell
I am so glad to hear K-Love is with the Africa Mercy Ship this week.  My brother and his family just joined the Mercy Ship there in February.  Kevin Trapnell is the physician on board for the crew.  He and his wife (Melissa) and three Children (Will-9, Emily-6, and Stephen-6 months) are so happy to be there.

We are so excited to hear all the things God is doing through the Mercy Ship!  Please tell my famliy I said hello and we all love them!

Kerry
4/30/2012 12:53:49 PM
Kim Foster United States
Kim Foster
So thrilled KLOVE is on board Africa Mercy AND with the eye team! My son John is co-ordinator of the eye teams. I'm hoping you spend some time with him. He also just married one of the ship's chefs in February! So Africa Mercy has a special place in our hearts beyond the awesome work that they are doing in Jesus' name.

God bless you all! Have a wonderful time, Amy!
Kim
4/30/2012 12:58:26 PM
David George Montalvo United States
David George Montalvo
We are incredibly thankful to have Amy on our ship, the Africa Mercy (click here for more info re: our fleet; http://bit.ly/IPS9xk).

It is our prayer that everything she sees and experiences will serve to help spur others to help the least of these in West Africa to experience the love of our savior, Jesus.
4/30/2012 1:17:25 PM
Marius Prinsloo United States
Marius Prinsloo
Thanks for featuring Mercy Ships this week Amy! Have fun and I am sure you will fall in love with Africa and her beautiful people!
4/30/2012 2:47:33 PM
Kathy Kan United States
Kathy Kan
Amy:
We live in Little Rock. Our daughter, Melinda  is currently serving on the Mercy Ship, as RN and charge nurse.  This is her fourth "tour" and she loves it. We are very impressed with the ministry and focus of the Africa Mercy.  Thank you for spreading the word.
4/30/2012 7:12:40 PM
Sarah Drey United States
Sarah Drey
Woohoo! Yay Klove! I'm so glad you're spreading the word about Mercy ships. I was honored to be on the Africa Mercy a couple years ago as the crew's hairstylist. They are all the most amazing and humble people I've ever met. I'm sure you will be blessed by them. Smile
4/30/2012 9:36:53 PM
Lorrie United States
Lorrie
Hi Amy!!! I wanted you to know my sis, Nicole is serving on Mercy Ship as a writer!! She LOVES it and we are so proud of her. Check out her blog at: http://www.mightykaleo.blogspot.com/ Reading her stories and hearing of the blessings happening every day through Mercy Ships is so amazing!! I just know you will also be blessed as you serve Him. Praying for you!!