May 09 2012

Akou's story

I wanted to share with you a touching story of some new friends I met while on the Mercy Ship last week. This baby's name is Akou, and her life, as young as she is, has been changed through a cataracts surgery on a Mercy Ship. Thank you for all your prayers; this was just one of the many lives that have been impacted by their work.

5/9/2012 4:59:02 PM
Elsie United States
Elsie
Hello Amy,  I'm not sure which ship you were on but my daughter Rebekah is currently serving as a third grade teacher onboard Africa Mercy. (She was off ship last week.)  Her experiences have been amazing. Her first experience was with a boy who had to have his leg amputated - when he woke from surgery, his response was it's okay, I have Jesus, that's all I need.  He inspired my daughter who was adjusting and ministered to her, when she though it was she who would be ministering to him.  She's sharing her experiences and blogs at heartofharvest.wordpress.com  God is faithful in all things. He is good and His mercy endures forever....
5/10/2012 7:18:32 AM
nhjkh United States
nhjkh
b      bbbbbbbbbb    bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb            bbbbbbbbbbbb             bbbbbbb
5/11/2012 3:32:16 AM
Lee United States
Lee
Amy,
The Love of Jesus is so evident in your spirit! Thank you for sharing your experience so that we can see what a wonderful ministry the Mercy Ship is! I pray that one day I can also serve the Lord in that way! God is doing an amazing work through this ministry!
Our family enjoys listening to the morning show, too! Smile
Lee
5/11/2012 5:32:22 AM
Donna Wilburn United States
Donna Wilburn
Good Morning Morning Show,
My best day would be to give back to others.  Find a local battered womens shelter and fix them a meal.
Have a blessed day.
5/13/2012 4:58:06 AM
rich United States
rich
Amy

That was a touching story and I could tell that the this trip was a life changer for all involved. I have followed Mercy Ships for many years (back when there was more than one) it is a great ministry.

Welcome home..... Happy Mothers Day
5/15/2012 12:31:48 PM
Phil Roser United States
Phil Roser
I loved your show this mourning and the comments about judgement day and how as belivers and the sacrafice Christ made on the cross has given us a clean slate.I love the thought of judgement day being about the good things we have done not about our sin. What a Glorios Day